Talking of inventory space...

I don't plan to use any AH, so, over four, five, six, ten years of playing this game? Yeah, I can see myself wanting to stash more than 200 items.
    Quote from VoidPotato

Having all of this extra space would damage the economy because people would be able to get a monopoly over certain items (usually rare ones) by buying all the cheaper auctions and re-listing them at a higher price; forcing the prices up unnaturally and dominating the market.

after you buy something you have 24 hr cd to relist it in ah, i dont think its so easy to do that at the pace this game generates items
    Quote from maka

I don't plan to use any AH, so, over four, five, six, ten years of playing this game? Yeah, I can see myself wanting to stash more than 200 items.

Yeah I see that as an issue too. I might want to have a couple of gearsets ready for leveling a new char and I tend to be quite anal with that. So I would try to have for every few (read five or less) levels a full gear replacement ready. Then there is gems which one might want to stash to upgrade later, crafting mats and so on.

But the real problem I see is when you play HC.
    You'd want to have leveling sets ready, a Hell set, an Inferno set, Resistance/High def/High life and so on. Also a lot of backup gear should be ready should one of your characters die.
    I had around 20 mule accounts with a friend, on which we kept all the stuff we thought to be needed. And I would see that to be even more needed in Diablo3 if the difficulty is as demanding is they claim.
    Wow...a little overboard don't you think?
    Quote from ScyberDragon

I'm sorry but who needs to stash more than 175-250 items. What are you keeping it for.

The Stash is expensive!
    In my understanding of the Game atm, you use the gold to upgrade the Blacksmith to stay on your possibly best gear. Correct me if I'm mistaken!
    people seem to overlook the gold auction house.

Muling was necessary in diablo 2 simply because it was generally more efficient to save all your stuff for trade (as thats generally what mules were used for, stuff you want to trade, or stuff that you want to keep because it might be useful for a character oneday) and then offer it all up on a forum post and in a trade game in bulk.

now I think people will be saving bits and pieces, but generally just shoving junk on the ah and getting rid of it that way. I think the notion that the space we have is limited now is crazy as the ah pretty much removes the need to store *too* much junk on your characters.
    Quote from Cyantific

people seem to overlook the gold auction house.

Muling was necessary in diablo 2 simply because it was generally more efficient to save all your stuff for trade (as thats generally what mules were used for, stuff you want to trade, or stuff that you want to keep because it might be useful for a character oneday) and then offer it all up on a forum post and in a trade game in bulk.

now I think people will be saving bits and pieces, but generally just shoving junk on the ah and getting rid of it that way. I think the notion that the space we have is limited now is crazy as the ah pretty much removes the need to store *too* much junk on your characters.

For me, it's just the 2nd option (underlined). And due to the inherent randomness of items in D3, what you sell now might be next to impossible to buy back later. Plus, I really dislike 'playing' the AH, which means I won't know what things sell for, which means I would probably end up selling low and buying high, i.e., wasting my hard-earned gold.
    Another interesting subject that hasn't been debated a lot is how items that aren't sold in the Auction House are kept there until you "transfer them to stash".

We don't know for how long they'll keep those items there, but if they're kept indefinitely there, it could be used as an infinite side-stash :P You could just set prices up to 500 million gold or dollars and let the auction fail and keep the item there ;)
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Another interesting subject that hasn't been debated a lot is how items that aren't sold in the Auction House are kept there until you "transfer them to stash".

We don't know for how long they'll keep those items there, but if they're kept indefinitely there, it could be used as an infinite side-stash :P You could just set prices up to 500 million gold or dollars and let the auction fail and keep the item there ;)

In WoW it's about a month, not sure it will be the same in a ftp game though.

Mind you they will have an income from the RMAH, which should mean that they do more to maintain the game better than they did in D2 (which they hardly supported at all).
    Won't they just make the "unsold" items part of the 10 items on AH max?
    shared stash/gold between all accounts is a major help.
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes