A** kicked In Inferno

Hello Diablo fans, I had the thought of making a post "The only post" with gathered information about all the difficulties. So when you are looking for information about the difficulties, this is the place too go.
    I would also like to say thanks to everyone who have made my "Name In Game" Topic the biggest on Diablo Fans. Be sure to check out: http://www.diablofan...1-name-in-game/

Background: There are three difficulty levels in Diablo II; Normal, Nightmare, and Hell. The difficulty levels are essentially identical; characters replay the same acts and quests on each. The difference comes from increased monster hit points and damage, some changes in monster variety and skills, and heaps of new, higher level equipment.
    Though the difficulty levels are the same game x3, they were clearly not just tacked on to extend the game's longevity; Diablo II was designed with them in mind, and the knowledge that most players would hardly get to experiment with their highest level (30) skills before finishing the game for the first time.

In Diablo III we have will have four difficulty levels. They'll even still be called Normal, Nightmare. Hell and Inferno.
    You will be able to access the three difficulties Nightmare, Hell and Inferno after you played through the normal Difficulty.

How Hard Will It Be: We do know that many of the basic game changes in D3 have large effects on the difficulty of the game. There will not be many potions, life leech will be quite rare (or non-existent), and most healing will come from health globes. On the other hand, monsters won't be full of immunities and blessed with cheesy one-hit kills. The D3 team has discussed this issue several times, and always pointed out that the abundant potions and life leech made D2 characters essentially immortal. death came only from cheesy super damaging kills, most of which were bugs, and that's no way to balance a game.

The team has said that it will increase considerably, to the point that playing solo in a group game will be a very bad idea. But what mechanism will create this? More monster hit points? More monster damage? Improved AI?
    http://youtu.be/vWeFyrsLqV4

You will die we promise:
    http://youtu.be/06G98I4gVfs
    To get a catch of how the higher difficulties will be.

Gear: A team of Diablo 3 devs hit the main stage at Blizzcon to talk about Diablo 3′s difficulty modes. The differences between Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno difficulties are important for anyone looking to get near the level 60 cap, but it’s surprising just how different enemies and loot will be on higher difficulties. In fact, Blizzard revealed that 70% of the game’s loot won’t even appear in Normal mode.
    The devs said that the reason for this is that there are a number of resistance bonuses and defensive attributes that aren’t needed on the much easier Normal difficulty tier, so instead of confusing players with unnecessary stats, they stripped those weapons out altogether.
    Item drops improve with each difficulty mode, of course, but once you reach Inferno mode, top level items are divided into increasingly devastating tiers. Blizzard say that Inferno difficulty is designed to always provide a challenge, even to those who have hit the level cap. It will be possible to run it solo, though, and in the wake of beta feedback, Blizzard are upscaling the Followers system. Previously, Followers were only useful in Normal mode, now they’ll be able to fight alongside you in the hottest corners of Inferno difficulty.

Normal: The Normal Difficulty is the easiest one of the four available difficulties. Characters that are created will be placed in this difficulty. When you play normal you will have a couples of laughs. It's fun and you are clicking around. Bosses wont be that hard until the end of the difficulties. It's stated that you have a chance of dying with if the group splits up in the later "The end" of the difficulty.

Nightmare and Hell: There is not so much information about the Nightmare and Hell difficulty. Because the only thing people is focusing on is the easiest difficulty and the hardest one.

Inferno: Diablo 3 will have a fourth difficulty mode, Inferno, that will feature enemies at levels higher than the player character level cap. During Gamescom 2011, Blizzard's game director Jay Wilson revealed that Diablo 3 will feature a fourth difficulty mode called "Inferno" for those who thrive on extreme punishment. Featuring monsters with a minimum level of 61, this mode is aimed at players who have maxed out their character at the level 60 cap.
    Blizzard promises you that how good you are at games, you will still die in Inferno.
    When you get to Inferno the monsters will have different abilities, such as "Freeze time, wall- blocking, shackle." The higher leveled monster will of course hit harder and do a lot of damage.

For just a month Blizzard announced that they had a difficult that was static. Which means that it was "This hard" from the beginning to the end. But they figured that it wasn't so fun. Because the first boss was as hard as the last one. So they changed the difficulties so that they will scale through out the acts.

Jay Willson says: You die and fight through Act 1 in Inferno for weeks before you can move on. Just so you can gather better gear.

"This post is still under construction, so be aware that more information will be put up in time."
    nice little compilation. Just a few notes.
    "wallblocking" as you cal it (waller) will not be exclusive to inferno. You can even find them in the beta (den of the fallen lvl2)
    Also I think i read that the best items will drop from late hell and upwards. So its no items that exclusive to inferno. (thats how i understood it at least.)
    Inferno is indeed not static difficulty anymore, but they made it harder in the later acts (not easier in the first) Some still do not know this, so maybe you should add that.
    I can see what you see not. Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone. Whispering their hidden song.

Then you see what cannot be. Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind. Cast down into the Halls of the Blind
    Mind if I ask you why you tagged girls?

Also: Add the information regarding Nephalem Valor...(It's level 60 only, so late-hell + Inferno)
    Quote from Gazziwa
    Diablo II was designed with them in mind, and the knowledge that most players would hardly get to experiment with their highest level (30) skills before finishing the game for the first time.
    The max level for skills was 20. Only through +Skill item affixes could you extend it beyond that.

Quote from Gazziwa
    You will be able to access the three difficulties Nightmare, Hell and Inferno after you played through the normal Difficulty.
    You have to beat each subsequent difficulty to unlock the next. You have to beat Hell for Inferno.

Quote from Gazziwa
    ...to the point that playing solo in a group game will be a very bad idea.
    Quote from Gazziwa
    It will be possible to run it solo, though...
    Kinda contradictory here, these two lines.

Quote from Gazziwa
    Featuring monsters with a minimum level of 61
    The range is 61-65 currently, if you were wondering.

Quote from Gazziwa
    ...this mode is aimed at players who have maxed out their character at the level 60 cap.
    And have gotten the best gear out of Hell.

Quote from Gazziwa
    Blizzard promises you that how good you are at games, you will still die in Inferno.
    Typo here.

Quote from Gazziwa
    When you get to Inferno the monsters will have different abilities, such as "Freeze time, wall- blocking, shackle."
    Like the guy above me said, Waller (which is the proper name) is available in all difficulties. Are you calling 'Jailer' shackle? That's available in all difficulties too.

Quote from Gazziwa
    For just a month Blizzard announced that they had a difficult that was static. Which means that it was "This hard" from the beginning to the end. But they figured that it wasn't so fun. Because the first boss was as hard as the last one. So they changed the difficulties so that they will scale through out the acts.
    Normal, Nightmare, and Hell all were kept the same. The only recent change to the difficulties has been in Inferno, and the only thing they did was make it get harder as you progress.

Also there are many grammar, and a few spelling, mistakes that you should really think about fixing if you want this to be a legible, useful guide to the difficulties in Diablo III.

And change the thread name. It's not very professional at all.
    I think the real question is, will Diablo 3 be harder than Bastion with all difficulty idols activated? :P lol
    Some people tell me I'm going to hell. I just let them know that I've already packed my bags!
    Champions can also have 4 affixes.

Watching those videos almost made me think twice about beating it in 2 weeks, then I remembered it is Diablo style game, and it is a promotional video. Just like Dark souls is supposed to be insanely hard.
    Quote from asfastasican

I think the real question is, will Diablo 3 be harder than Bastion with all difficulty idols activated? :P lol
    That is a good reference for difficulty, isn't it. The game was so hard with all the idols...
    You put good amount of information but some of it feels slightly outdated and you missed some. But it is exciting thread so we should less criticize and more add what is missing from the info.
    I will put some of my points:
    - normal may not be as easy as they previously said as current beta version shows and people really like it. So we don't know.
    - inferno will have NVB
    - as far as Bashiok said you can find same items in hell as you can in inferno (but there should be a very small drop rate on hell for inferno items)
    - there will be a huge difficulty jump between act 2 and 3 in inferno
    What he means by the "solo in group" line is that if your in a game with 4 other people, but trying to solo monsters alone, you are most likely going to get roflstomped into the ground.
    Quote from aldrek

Quote from Gazziwa
    ...to the point that playing solo in a group game will be a very bad idea.
    Quote from Gazziwa
    It will be possible to run it solo, though...
    Kinda contradictory here, these two lines.

Umm... I think it means u shouldn't go solo if u are in group, but it's possible to go through inferno playing alone.
    Quote from aldrek

Quote from Gazziwa
    Diablo II was designed with them in mind, and the knowledge that most players would hardly get to experiment with their highest level (30) skills before finishing the game for the first time.
    The max level for skills was 20. Only through +Skill item affixes could you extend it beyond that.

I'm quite sure he meant the skills that require you to be level 30, not 30 points.

I contacted him about correcting the unintentional misleading information.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes