[Wold First 60] Team recruiting

What's the point in getting to level 60 before everyone else?
    Are there any benefits/advantages in doing so?
    Quote from BaconizedCream

Very few. No title, no feat of strength, nothing. The most they'll get is a slight lead on the chance for decent gear that'll sell for a good chunk o' change.
    Quote from Dikopotamus

Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Dikopotamus

I fully plan on having every member playing witch doctor (different skills/runes).

Well then....Good luck xD.

I think doing all Witch Doctors is foolish. Especially if you want to do something meaningful like WF Inferno.

4x int gear. Means you couldn't give your int gear to the other players to help boost your progress speed.

1 Str Hero
    1 Dex Hero
    1 Int Hero

Pick an over-lapping one.

Personally I'd do Demon Hunter/Barb/Monk/Witch Doctor.

None of your weapons or armor would go to waste. You could trade them and maximize efficiency...but hey...that's just me.

Give me a PM or message me on skype if you want to talk about it, don't want to post too much here about this sort of thing.

Lol, if you didn't even think of this, I doubt you will be able to pull it off strategically. I bet you the Chinese and Europeans are gonna beat you anyway. If it does take 24-48 hours to get to level 60 (which is a stupid goal tbh - finishing inferno, that would be a nice goal), the 8-12 head start they have is gonna be impossible to overtake.
    Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from BaconizedCream

Very few. No title, no feat of strength, nothing. The most they'll get is a slight lead on the chance for decent gear that'll sell for a good chunk o' change.

Hm, I see.
    Not my kinda play style; rushing through the maps, skipping all the cut-scenes and whatnot.

My first playthrough, I think, is going to take the longest to complete,
    simply because I want to see and hear everything,
    to "literally" ingest and digest all the game has to offer.
    (I'm aware there are random events that I won't be able to see in my first playthrough.)

But all the luck in the world in achieving your goal, OP.
    Waiting so many years for this game to be released just to rush through it? Nah... not me, thanks.
    Quote from Sikk

Waiting so many years for this game to be released just to rush through it? Nah... not me, thanks.

Agreed, I'm going to enjoy every single pixel of the game and take my sweet time
    What about the wizard? Do you think witch doctor or demon hunter are better for causing mass destruction?
    Quote from Azidonis

First to 60 will require "gear feeders", and "gold feeders" to help pay for repairs, etc.

I'm not going to be a gear feeder, or a gold feeder, and waste my time gearing you up so you can feel cool about being the first to 60.

Good luck with that. See you in Inferno, Act 4.

^ Most insightful post so far. Think of the world first 70/80 characters on WoW. They used teams of people and funneled mobs/experience to the one character being leveled up. Obviously you can't do this in D3, but what you can do is have teams of people leveling up parallel to the "main" group of 4 characters. The parallel teams run on gear fumes (i.e. hand-me-downs) and funnel the best drops to the main group. It might be best for the main leveler to be a solo character so gear droppers can enter the game, drop the gear, and get out without interrupting the leveler's play. With 4 players you couldn't have someone come in and give gear with all 4 playing.
    Quote from Dikopotamus
    Having a second person to play your account while you sleep would be a huge bonus, although, this is not required.

What kind of an achievement would it be if you didn't do it alone? Not only would it be against the battle.net terms of use, but it would also be cheating, not to mention quite lame.

Considering the only thing you get from this are the bragging rights, allowing someone else level your character would quite simply negate that completely.
    How will you know that you are world first? I imagine there will be many others attempting this and with no acheivement/feat of strength or other tangible way of proving it, how will you know/prove it?
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    World First Softie?

How about World First Hardcore 60 + Inferno Clear?

i can see myself being interested in that, but Softcore? Not even worth it.
    THWL.
    Quote from ElKapitan

How will you know that you are world first? I imagine there will be many others attempting this and with no acheivement/feat of strength or other tangible way of proving it, how will you know/prove it?

If I was first I would just say so on all forums and then supply them with proof in upcoming months :P
    Quote from Bubeech

World First Softie?

How about World First Hardcore 60 + Inferno Clear?

i can see myself being interested in that, but Softcore? Not even worth it.

what's the difference. If somebody has 20 supporters he will win anyway, hardcore or not.
    Quote from rozmata

Quote from ElKapitan

If I was first I would just say so on all forums and then supply them with proof in upcoming months :P

But, how would you actually know you were first? How would you know someone on a random Chinese/French/Ugandan/insert random country here forum didn't beat you to it? There is no way to know for sure who gets there first, unless Blizz actually get some form of tracker/award.
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain...
    Quote from ElKapitan

Quote from rozmata

Quote from ElKapitan

But, how would you actually know you were first? How would you know someone on a random Chinese/French/Ugandan/insert random country here forum didn't beat you to it? There is no way to know for sure who gets there first, unless Blizz actually get some form of tracker/award.

Well it depends how the release actually works but you can just time it.

Also, I'll probably stream.

NOTE: Mainly looking for a demon hunter now!
    Good to see you changed your strat and if you're that dedicated you'll prolly be one of the first but there will be plenty of other hardcore teams that have played together (including mine) for years and can rely on one another and know how one another play. Good luck though
    This is like 10 million athletes trying to run a marathon the fastest in 10 million different locations around the world without any spectators or other types of validation method, that it actually happened.

If you really feel like you were the first in the world to reach the finish line. Well fine. But you will never know for sure.

Have fun though.
    You should take all that dedication and try to do something that makes this world a better place. :kitty:
    Quote from 8kilo

This is like 10 million athletes trying to run a marathon the fastest in 10 million different locations around the world without any spectators or other types of validation method, that it actually happened.

If you really feel like you were the first in the world to reach the finish line. Well fine. But you will never know for sure.

Have fun though.

This is what I was attempting to state. Unless Blizzard offer some form of official tracker or reward for world/region/server firsts then it will just be a 'he said/she said' deal. Even if you stream what's to stop someone else faking a stream or picture or whatever to disprove you?

It's a nice idea, I wish you luck but I sincerely believe you are doomed to disappointment
    Either way knowing your one of the first will be nice, whether its THE FIRST or not
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes