Your starting difficulty

Poll: What difficulty would you start at if you could pick?

What difficulty would you start at if you could pick?

What difficulty would you start at if you could pick? - Single Choice

• Inferno 16.8%
  • Hell 3.7%
  • Nightmare 23.4%
  • Normal 56.1%
    Quote from Nuvian

A level 1 character would not survive a few hits, let alone manage to kill anything.

I think he was operating under the assumption that the difficulties were just like in other games :3.
    Who wants to be normal? Nightmare, I like it when a game feels hard from the start (even though I hated the Witcher 2 for this, I also adored it to the point of MADNESS).
    Nightmare because I don't want new experiences to be marred by trivial difficulty. Unfortunately I don't really have a choice unless I artificially inflate it by refusing to equip upgrades unless absolutely necessary.
    Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Nuvian

A level 1 character would not survive a few hits, let alone manage to kill anything.

I think he was operating under the assumption that the difficulties were just like in other games :3.

But in Diablo a lvl 1 character wouldn't even be able to kill a quill rat in nightmare
    If given a preset character and some starting gold, definitely nightmare. I'd enjoy the pull and pull difficulty of the game as i die and push ahead to make progress. It sounds a lot more interesting than a faceroll experience from start to finish in normal.

Anybody else in this thread that said "Normal, because you have to" needs to get an imagination really badly. :P
    Some people tell me I'm going to hell. I just let them know that I've already packed my bags!
    Well id start at nightmare if it was possible. Ive played the beta alot and i got all the classes at lvl 13 this patch. And i do think normal is way too easy. The only few deaths ive had is when ive met champion/rare mobs with the molten prefix, damn they hurt alot. But other than that everything is pretty easy.
    "Diablo III is not World of Warcraft."
    Bashiok - http://us.battle.net...c/6019511928#17
    Normal, cuz that's where we all start ;)
    I'd start at normal anyway. Rather expirience the whole game since you'd move through all the difficulties anyway. Otherwise you might as well say you'd prefer to start at level 15 and skip all the easy stuff in the beta.

Quote from RaidenFreeman

Who wants to be normal? Nightmare, I like it when a game feels hard from the start (even though I hated the Witcher 2 for this, I also adored it to the point of MADNESS).

The witcher 2 was a terrible game
    I'd say nightmare, because I don't really want a tutorial. Watching the beta was my tutorial :P
    NM ofc. That's where game stops to be dull and starts to be fun. But I don't want to loose experience/feel of going via difficulties so I wouldn't like to start on hell or Inferno.
    Quote from karsen88

Quote from RaidenFreeman

The witcher 2 was a terrible game

TW2 got like 9/10. D3 will probably get 10/10. I don't think you can say it was a terrible game. I bet ppl similar to you may say the same about D3. TW2 is more real RPG than ARPG and it is quite good in that.
    Picked nightmare, but given the fact we even start at level 1 and nightmare is level 60 content.. yeah, never going to happen ;) so normal it is :D
    Probably nightmare. Jumping straight to Hell might prove a tad too hasty when being new to all the mechanics and abilties and so on. Hell/Inferno is where I really feel the game will begin though, so I'll be peacefully be enjoying the story and new world in normal, then plowing through nightmare, then power and grind through Hell/Inferno.

Quote from Mccormick

Picked nightmare, but given the fact we even start at level 1 and nightmare is level 60 content.. yeah, never going to happen ;) so normal it is :D

No... only Inferno is 60 content. Nightmare is like 20-40 and hell 40-55, or something along those line...
    Quote from Kemosabe_TBC

Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Nuvian

But in Diablo a lvl 1 character wouldn't even be able to kill a quill rat in nightmare

...That's not the point - or even remotely close to what I said. The OP thought that the difficulties were like they are in other games. As in the mobs are just like 10% harder. He knows that's not how it is now. I was clarifying as to why he asked the question. We don't need you specifying what everybody already knows lol.
    Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Kemosabe_TBC

Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Nuvian

...That's not the point - or even remotely close to what I said. The OP thought that the difficulties were like they are in other games. As in the mobs are just like 10% harder. He knows that's not how it is now. I was clarifying as to why he asked the question. We don't need you specifying what everybody already knows lol.

What a weak generalization. I've played plenty of games where upping the difficulty is far more than that (in fact, more like how the difficulty jumps in D2 (and likely in D3).
    If you really pushed yourself in normal on the beta, you could definetely make it a challenge. I'll gladly start at normal and make my way from there.

I probably really won't enjoy the game though until I get to the point where I really have to consider what I'm about to do before just rushing in...

mmmmMmmmm strategy tastes like Spaghettio's
    Liquid Cooled Intel I7 2700k OC'd to 5.0ghz at a max pull of 1.44v ~ 19-21C Idle ~ 68C max under load.
    16GB G Skill Ram ~ 2x Mushkin 120GB SSD's ~ MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozer ~ Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    If you get to Nightmare before you level up the quill rats are gonna own you!
    I would go right to nightmare if that was possible :o
    "Just quit and wait for GW2"
    Considering any choice other than Normal would result in you dying repeatedly to the very first zombie endlessly I picked Normal.....
    From what I've seen Normal is pretty good in DIII. In DI, though, we frequently started on Nightmare for giggles. Lots of exp and gold. :D
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes