How long do you think it will take you to finish Inferno ?

Poll: How long do you think it will take you to finish Inferno ?

How long do you think it will take you to finish Inferno ?

How long do you think it will take you to finish Inferno ? - Single Choice

• I won't be able to complete Inferno 2.4%
  • More than 3 Months 14.9%
  • 2 - 3 Months 18.8%
  • 1Month - 2 Months 24.3%
  • 2Weeks - 1 Months 24.2%
  • Under 2 Weeks 15.4%
    I'm more concerned about how long it will take me to reach lv 60. Schedule for May and June went to shi-

Quote from jaclashflash

This seems like complete baseless assumption. How can this poll have any meaning at all?

No meaning besides just the fun of making speculations I guess.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Baseless speculation is 90% of this site's content. It's a game that even those with access to the beta have less than 5% of the game at their disposal.

Knowing though how i deal with games, even difficult ones, 2 weeks seems like more than enough time given proper playtime.
    1 week. tops.
    Quote from jaclashflash

This seems like complete baseless assumption. How can this poll have any meaning at all?

Hmmm please didn't you see the verb "think" in the question ? It's about what you think for future references and compare to how it really turned out 3 months after release. So of course it's speculation, duh.
    Quote from falcompsx

1 week. tops.

I think some people are looking at it differently than I did. I looked at it as: How long will it be after launch when you completely clear Inferno/ I answered 7 days but I dunno. I think 7 days might be a little on the short side.
    Quote from Ayr

Quote from jaclashflash

Hmmm please didn't you see the verb "think" in the question ? It's about what you think for future references and compare to how it really turned out 3 months after release. So of course it's speculation, duh.

Thinking without any facts is rather difficult. I could pull a number out of my ass....I suppose you consider that thinking!
    One is never hurt by being given additional choices, only by taking them away.
    A QUADRILLION MAGIC FIND is worthless if you can't kill shit!
    diablo isnt hard, the only walls they can put are bosses where you cant escape from the encounter, normal mobs can be done with hit and run
    I find it interesting to see so many cocky players thinking they can do it in two weeks or less when Blizzard keeps talking about how brutally hard it will be.

Oh well, I guess we won't know for another month and a half, but I personally am going to stick closer to Blizzard's portrayal of Inferno and peg myself at 2-3 months. Of course, if it takes any longer than that, I would be okay with that as well.
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    It's going to change a lot depending on who you're talking about. I'm assuming they made it sorta challenging, hoping that I'm underestimating the difficulty of it. BTW Hardcore = Dedicated people for purposes of this post (not the mode)

For a hardcore group of 4 people dedicated to doing anything to beat the game - Under 2 weeks after getting to Inferno, possibly less.

For a hardcore solo player - Under 4 weeks after getting to Inferno.

A casual group of clan buds - Under 2 monthes after getting to Inferno

A casual soloer - Under 3 monthes after getting to Inferno

Me? - I'll aim for 3 weeks. I'll let you know how I fare.

I'm hoping Blizzard made it harder in Inferno than they did in the hardest WoW raids, but I doubt it.
    I love all of the tuff guys saying how they will blow through the game. You guys forget that this game is a gear grind where drops rely on CHANCE. Good luck blowing through D3 in your shit gear.

Quote from jaclashflash

Quote from Ayr

Quote from jaclashflash

Thinking without any facts is rather difficult. I could pull a number out of my ass....I suppose you consider that thinking!

Oh man, seriously: whatever. Don't vote Sheldon, I'm fine with that.

Quote from Sharp

It's going to change a lot depending on who you're talking about. I'm assuming they made it sorta challenging, hoping that I'm underestimating the difficulty of it. BTW Hardcore = Dedicated people for purposes of this post (not the mode)

For a hardcore group of 4 people dedicated to doing anything to beat the game - Under 2 weeks after getting to Inferno, possibly less.

For a hardcore solo player - Under 4 weeks after getting to Inferno.

A casual group of clan buds - Under 2 monthes after getting to Inferno

A casual soloer - Under 3 monthes after getting to Inferno

Me? - I'll aim for 3 weeks. I'll let you know how I fare.

I'm hoping Blizzard made it harder in Inferno than they did in the hardest WoW raids, but I doubt it.

That's why I asked how long for YOU :P
    Quote from Ferret

I find it interesting to see so many cocky players thinking they can do it in two weeks or less when Blizzard keeps talking about how brutally hard it will be.

Oh well, I guess we won't know for another month and a half, but I personally am going to stick closer to Blizzard's portrayal of Inferno and peg myself at 2-3 months. Of course, if it takes any longer than that, I would be okay with that as well.

Quote from Savages

I love all of the tuff guys saying how they will blow through the game. You guys forget that this game is a gear grind where drops rely on CHANCE. Good luck blowing through D3 in your shit gear.

I just said I would try to do it in under 7 days - not that I would. =)
    i think it will be cleared in less than a month.. however, how long would it take to own inferno is the real question :)
    Honestly a very subjective thing, seeing how someone might have 10 hours to play a day each day and could be done within a week and others only a few every second day which might make them take months.
    I think hours spent would give an more accurate picture of thing.

Personally with the time i have I'm thinking a month should do it and i actually hope for more. But ultimately I just don't know.
    Hour-wise I'm thinking 70-100 hours spent for the pro gamers and much more for people less experienced.
    Week tops. If it takes any longer I need to quit gaming all together.

Also savages, it is very possible to blow through D3 even with shit gear im sure. Could do it in D1 and D2, and from looks of it, monsters and champions give better drops so odds are you will have better gear compared to what you got from running game with Diablo 1-2.

Ferret:
    Diablo is not about hard encounters, it is rather difficult to make the game hard aside from extremely poor planning and absolute and I mean absolute shit gear. Also they have the game on auto run so much already from lack of faith in the consumer they won't make it so little johnny couldn't beat the game. Has Diablo ever been hard to PvM? I am sure Inferno will be difficult at first, but just like Ubers and everything else, once a strategy has been figured out it is a cake walk.
    I'm kind of inclined to believe abost post, eventhough Blizzard keeps saying otherwise.
    Can't be THAT hard.
    I'll give it less than a month.
    I said greater than 3 months. I take the devs at their word that it'll be hard and that Bash thinks it'll literally be weeks before a single person beats Act II Inferno. If that's even close to true, there's no way I'll beat Inferno in less than three months with only about 15 hours of play time per week. If I somehow end up independantly wealthy by launch (so I don't have to work, not to buy items) and can devote 40+ hours per week like I did as a teenager, then I bet I could do it inside two months (and probably no slower than double the time of the world first in any case).
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Quote from tanis0

I said greater than 3 months. I take the devs at their word that it'll be hard and that Bash thinks it'll literally be weeks before a single person beats Act II Inferno. If that's even close to true, there's no way I'll beat Inferno in less than three months with only about 15 hours of play time per week. If I somehow end up independantly wealthy by launch (so I don't have to work, not to buy items) and can devote 40+ hours per week like I did as a teenager, then I bet I could do it inside two months (and probably no slower than double the time of the world first in any case).

How could they make it that hard, without making it honestly completely unfair to where people will rage quit and never play the game? People like Bashiok think Demons souls and dark souls is hard...it isn't hard, it is just old school game play. Learn or die, it is simple. Diablo has never been hard, and probably never will be hard to where it takes months to clear content, have mediocre gear...right skills and a decent strategy and you are set to go.
    Quote from falcompsx

1 week. tops.
    lol, blizz predicts 2-3 months for veterans, but some ppl must be really good i guess
    soon
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes