Blizzard Moving Skills Around Again

Quote from aldrek

Magic Weapon OLD
    Level:20
    Cost: 25 Arcane Power

Imbue your weapon with magical energy, granting it 10% increased damage. Lasts 120 seconds.

Magic Weapon NEW
    Level:22

Imbue your weapon with magical energy, granting it 10% increased Physical damage. Lasts 120 seconds.
    What do you guys make of this? Increased basic attack damage? If so, it seems really useless, which makes me think my interpretation of it is wrong.

Nah, man. I think it just means that the increased damage is delivered as Physical damage (instead of Fire damage, or Poison, etc).
    Quote from maka

Quote from aldrek

Magic Weapon OLD

Imbue your weapon with magical energy, granting it 10% increased damage. Lasts 120 seconds.

Magic Weapon NEW

Imbue your weapon with magical energy, granting it 10% increased Physical damage. Lasts 120 seconds.
    What do you guys make of this? Increased basic attack damage? If so, it seems really useless, which makes me think my interpretation of it is wrong.

Nah, man. I think it just means that the increased damage is delivered as Physical damage (instead of Fire damage, or Poison, etc).
    That's what I was thinking otherwise. It should probably be further clarified to say it affects your abilities' weapon damage coefficient.
    What the hell.. patch 15 felt really good with damages where they are. Spamming spiders is great, Arcane Orb is where it needs to be for AoE while RoF is perfect for single target...

This really looks like they are going back to patch 14 and I don't get it. I hope they're just doing fast skill switches for internal testing and this isn't an expected final build.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    Quote from Slayerviper

I'm happy that spamming firebats is possible again.

This firebat change is really lame though (if it's real). It was actually a cool skill when it took a bunch of mana to cast. Now it's worthless again. Firebats is the same as firebomb but worse only close range now.

The haunt change is pretty stupid as well... and the poison cloud nerf.

Not too happy about the WD changes.
    Quote from aldrek

Quote from maka

Quote from aldrek

Magic Weapon OLD

Magic Weapon NEW

That's what I was thinking otherwise. It should probably be further clarified to say it affects your abilities' weapon damage coefficient.

I don't know, Magic Weapon has been an odd one to me. I could never tell if it boosted your spells or if it was intended to boost abilities like Spectral Blade which are counted as "melee" swings. I don't think it's meant to be just a raw passive damage bonus or it would just say that.
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    Quote from Ruppgu

Quote from Slayerviper

This firebat change is really lame though (if it's real). It was actually a cool skill when it took a bunch of mana to cast. Now it's worthless again. Firebats is the same as firebomb but worse only close range now.

Think of it as preference, I can't stand firebomb its so boring. Firebats is at least fun to cast.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    WTF IS GOING ON?! :D
    Uhm its basically reverted back to Patch 14. Monk Mantras cost 25 Spirit, Exploding Palm is a Generator again...

Overall (at least for the Monk) its all the old Patch 14 numbers. So imho it looks more like something went wrong and they had to reload a backup of their Database...

Edit: Sweeping Winds is a Generator again... all the categories are back to Patch 14... with 3 Generators as Techniques etc.

Even the damage numbers are back to Patch 14 values... Generators back to 100%wpndmg vs. 110%dmg for Patch 15. Serenity is back to 45sec CD... again Patch 14 value.

Oh and Exploding Palms runes changed back to the Patch 14 runes... we have the 2 Targets rune again. With all that I would assume its the Patch 14 Skillcalc... so no "new" values :)
    Quote from Tenhi

Uhm its basically reverted back to Patch 14. Monk Mantras cost 25 Spirit, Exploding Palm is a Generator again...

Overall (at least for the Monk) its all the old Patch 14 numbers. So imho it looks more like something went wrong and they had to reload a backup of their Database...

Edit: Sweeping Winds is a Generator again... all the categories are back to Patch 14... with 3 Generators as Techniques etc.

Yeah, I noticed a lot of the changes were how they were in patch 14. I hope it's a mistake :)
    Quote from Ruppgu

Quote from Slayerviper

The firebat change is really lame though. It was actually a cool skill when it took a bunch of mana to cast. Now it's worthless again. Firebats is the same as firebomb but worse only close range now.

Agreed Firebats felt really good when it actually did a lot of damage. But, it did make skills like Direbats super strong with Soul Harvest.

I do not like Haunt being a primary ability. It's additional damage that needs to be strong and it's not suited for a primary skill slot that you're expected to spam. You can't stack haunts, so I don't see it being good to have on the LMB.
    This whole talk about skills is so last month... Blizzard is treating you beta players like guinea pigs and you are riding that hamster wheel of theirs :P
    Oh and the new "Beacon of Ytar" is gone too... so the Monk is exactly like he was with Patch 14...
    After looking over all the changes (looking at the MONK) I think this is patch 13)
    Quote from KageKaze

I don't know, Magic Weapon has been an odd one to me. I could never tell if it boosted your spells or if it was intended to boost abilities like Spectral Blade which are counted as "melee" swings. I don't think it's meant to be just a raw passive damage bonus or it would just say that.

I get what you're saying, and it makes some sense, but where did you get the idea that Spectral Blade is different from the other skills? I never saw anything that hinted at that.
    Quote from Molster

After looking over all the changes (looking at the MONK) I think this is patch 13

Patch 13? Not 14? Hmm not that it changes the fact that its all just old values... was just wondering.
    After looking over all the people guessing (looking at the EVERYONE) I think this is patch 12)

;)
    The calculator was never updated to patch 14

This is patch 13, let me link to the patch 13->14 changes, youll see that this was all 13

http://www.diablofans.com/news/1112-diablo-3-patch-14-information/
    Quote from Molster

The calculator was never updated to patch 14

This is patch 13, let me link to the patch 13->14 changes, youll see that this was all 13

http://www.diablofan...14-information/

Now that you mention it... I wasnt sure which one it was^^ Just that its the one that we had before the Skillcalc update...
    One could think this game is still in beta and subject to change.

... wait.

Ill be waiting until we are seeing a new beta patch (as they will most likely want to do a last check on the final version) before getting antsy :)
    Quote from KageKaze

There are some posts on this forum that indicate testing was done that shows it is exactly that -- a passive 10% damage buff. Not in beta so I can't verify myself but it makes sense -- skill would be pretty near bottom of the totem pole in a 6-slot wizard setup otherwise (i.e. never used).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes