Those wicked CE Wings

Does anyone know when the Angel Wings will be active?

I think it's lame if they are available from level one.

Unlocking them at level 60 or after beating inferno mode would be cool and I think Blizzard could get away with it, why? Because most people who buy the CE are extreme fans of the series and will likely explore the game beyond inferno.

Seeing a level 1 WD with wicked wings, die to a level 1 zombie in act 1 seems so.. disheartening.

Thoughts?
    Has there been any Bashiok response on this?
    I belive I read that it will be an item in your inventory, wich you will get when you create your first character.
    You can toggle the wings on / off whenever you like.
    SoEasy#2174
    Indeed, a lvl 1 WD dying to a lvl 1 zombie in act 1 would truly be disheartening. :P
    Level 1 WD dying to a level 1 mob in HC causing you to lose your wings :3 lol
    Quote from ansl

Does anyone know when the Angel Wings will be active?

I think it's lame if they are available from level one.

Unlocking them at level 60 or after beating inferno mode would be cool and I think Blizzard could get away with it, why? Because most people who buy the CE are extreme fans of the series and will likely explore the game beyond inferno.

Seeing a level 1 WD with wicked wings, die to a level 1 zombie in act 1 seems so.. disheartening.

Thoughts?
    Has there been any Bashiok response on this?

If you see a level 1 die, it's either lag, or because the player just stepped away from their PC : )

As for limiting it to some arbitrary level, I think that is a bad idea and would annoy many : )

-Alamar
    Am i the only one who thinks those wings look like shit? xD

Quote from Jamoose

Nope, I don't like them at all either. And they don't fit any of the classes in the game, a barb running around with those wings just looks silly. Maybe they'd work on a D2 Paladin, but that's about it imo.
    My WD will have wings on 24/7, bro.
    Mod Edit: removed flaming. Zero(pS)

seriously, we havent even seen any ingame pics of these wings, so we'll have to wait and see what they'll actually look like
    hoping for some badass wings, and nice CE dyes (some cloud/smoke animations)
    I think the wings will look lame if they are allowed on low level characters, and loose their "Woaw effect"thereby my concern.
    Have tried posting on the official forums, but my posts don't go through.. think they are having some technical problems (or they might have banned me ^^).
    I've never liked CE items in any blizzard game. Aesthetic items you just buy are lame. People who bought that stupid star horse mount in WoW were retarded, and my personal opinion is that CE items basically fall into the same category. I think the CE itself is cool if you are a huge fan of the game, but the particular in game stuff just doesnt suit me.

Then again, I dont really care for CEs much honestly. Really just amounts to spending an extra $40 on relatively cheap extras. personally I'd rather not deal with any of it, just download the client directly and play at midnight. It's all the same game.

That said it's w/e. I can see the allure of the CE if thats your thing, and if it is, then more power to ya.
    But as you said, most people who buy the CE are big fans of the diablo series and knows how to play at level one. So I don't think the lvl 1 WD with the wings will die to a lvl 1 zombie on act 1. Since that person proabably has played D2 and maybe D1 aswell.
    things you get in game for spending money will never have that wow effect you are mentioning. An item you get in inferno that is a rare drop will be impressive. Not wings some 1/10 players will have or how ever many CEs there are.

Like I said, I'm biased since I've just kinda thought the whole concept of a CE is lame. But I can at least see the allure of wanting to get a CE of a game you are going to love and play to death. The whole in game item that shows off you bought a CE though? meh yeah I don't really care for it.
    For the most part I agree that in-game items (including CE items) like the mounts and pets WoW had are a waste of cash.

As much as I liked the murloc themed ones from blizzcon for example, I just couldn't justify the $40 or whatever for the direct tv stream. When you get -everything- else, but a couple of cosmetic items, I don't see the incentive to pay more.

However - if you're actually interested in the little diablo statue/soulstone or the art book and soundtrack, then the additional cost is very reasonable. If you're a huge fan of a game, and interested in it's art and the like.. then you're just buying more of what you love.

It should also be mentioned that with the exception of the vanilla WoW CE (and to a lesser extent the BC one) all of the blizz CE's have been easy to find. They still have SC2 and Wrath/Cata CE's sitting on the shelf at bestbuy. Those of us who played WoW can attest to how rare seeing a Diablo/Zergling/whatever the other was pet actually was. That was special.

All the deathys/frostys/mounts? Not so much.

With that said, I've had my CE ordered for a while now. Why? Because I'm crazy about Diablo, and know if I spend half as many hours in it as I have in D2/WoW then it will be well worth the purchase. I want the ingame stuff. I want the soulstone/USB drive.

And this is coming from someone who -never- buys the CE's of games. Sure I like the stuff, but I'm cheap I guess?
    I'll try out the wings, see if i like 'em and use for some time if I do. Also, what do you care if other people use it? you won't even see it for the most part. Myself will play mainly single player, and when doing co-op, it will be with friends for the most part, so there's a slight chance you'll ever see me, as well as many other people. This is not an mmo like wow where people afk for showoff for whatever reason. There's plenty of things you can impress people with if you complete inferno and start farming it. Awesome banner, shiny gear etc. CE's wings are just a minor vanity item for people who will buy it, and I don't see any reason to make it available at level 60.

I also don't understand why so many people hate on CE and come up with so many reasons why it's a waste of money. If you don't have the money, or want to spend it elsewhere, that's your choice. Let people who want it buy it and enjoy it. Some people even go as far as calling folks who buy CE and use the wings "noobs" "lamers" etc., like they were trying to justify their decision or whatever. lol (I'm not accusing anyone directly here)
    Quote from Audiocord

For the most part I agree that in-game items (including CE items) like the mounts and pets WoW had are a waste of cash.

As much as I liked the murloc themed ones from blizzcon for example, I just couldn't justify the $40 or whatever for the direct tv stream. When you get -everything- else, but a couple of cosmetic items, I don't see the incentive to pay more.

However - if you're actually interested in the little diablo statue/soulstone or the art book and soundtrack, then the additional cost is very reasonable. If you're a huge fan of a game, and interested in it's art and the like.. then you're just buying more of what you love.

It should also be mentioned that with the exception of the vanilla WoW CE (and to a lesser extent the BC one) all of the blizz CE's have been easy to find. They still have SC2 and Wrath/Cata CE's sitting on the shelf at bestbuy. Those of us who played WoW can attest to how rare seeing a Diablo/Zergling/whatever the other was pet actually was. That was special.

All the deathys/frostys/mounts? Not so much.

With that said, I've had my CE ordered for a while now. Why? Because I'm crazy about Diablo, and know if I spend half as many hours in it as I have in D2/WoW then it will be well worth the purchase. I want the ingame stuff. I want the soulstone/USB drive.

And this is coming from someone who -never- buys the CE's of games. Sure I like the stuff, but I'm cheap I guess?

I agree with everything in this post. Honestly, if CEs for this game werent already oversold I'd be tempted to get one, mainly for the art book. But as is I've never been much one for CEs, and since they are going to much more limited in number this time I cant justify even bothering to try.
    Quote from peterlindenhuhn

Quote from Jamoose

am i the only one who thinks all the builds you've come up with so far and posted on these forums, are shit? seriously, i've never seen worse builds, on top of that.....ur completely ignorant and get offended by any kind of criticism... and act like a 12 year old "nooo, my builds are best, i will use them forever ahhhhhh"
    that being said, i think the only reason you're saying the wings look like shit, is because you cant afford the CE

that felt good !!

seriously, we havent even seen any ingame pics of these wings, so we'll have to wait and see what they'll actually look like
    hoping for some badass wings, and nice CE dyes (some cloud/smoke animations)

I think you are taking this way out of proportions... And what the hell are we going to start making fun of poor people who cant afford the CE? Not that it matters or anyone would belive me even if its true, im the poorest guy on earth, my news papers are my best friends in this cruel world.

You say that i act like a twelve year old but clearly you are acting like a little brat. Trying to get back at me for some reason you made up in your twisted little world. I said it and i'll say it again, grow a sack.

Oh and its not about members of a forum and their post count or join date... Its about human decency for Christ's sake.

Quote from Bumsalad

CE is for morons who want to pay more for a load of Mcdonalds.

Or it's for people who enjoy seeing what they've collected over the years? Sounds like you're butt-hurt.
    The only unfortunate thing posted in this thread is the guy saying someone thinks the wings look like shit because they cant afford CE?

it's fucking $40 more, are you really going to say that? Someone can't think something looks stupid because why is it now, they are too poor? get over yourself.
    I like the wing model on the female demon hunter blizzard were so kind to show us. :P
    gotta say its entertaining to see ppl on 20-28 years act like kids about the wings haha :D

stay small with the crying and rude words it makes you look silly alot :P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes