Should Blizz give beta keys for Pre-ordered on their Site

Wow this thread is still going. Arcirus, all you've done the entire thread is either bitch about the other opinions people have given, or just trolled. Bottom line is, after their previous attempts to give out beta keys with pre-purchases they will never do something like that again. They've given out enough beta keys through general give aways, opt-ins and contests already. With the actual release under 2 months away there is really no reason for them to give out anymore. If they do give out any more keys thats great, but I don't see that happening. The reason why I used the word entitlement is because thats exactly what it is, you're expressing that YOU and anybody else who pre-ordered the game should be GIVEN something. That right there is entitlement.
    Quote from Stephenk291

Wow this thread is still going. Arcirus, all you've done the entire thread is either bitch about the other opinions people have given, or just trolled. Bottom line is, after their previous attempts to give out beta keys with pre-purchases they will never do something like that again. They've given out enough beta keys through general give aways, opt-ins and contests already. With the actual release under 2 months away there is really no reason for them to give out anymore. If they do give out any more keys thats great, but I don't see that happening. The reason why I used the word entitlement is because thats exactly what it is, you're expressing that YOU and anybody else who pre-ordered the game should be GIVEN something. That right there is entitlement.

First of all you're a moron for thinking my name was Faithful. Yeah I saw you change it. And secondly how you say I just "bitch about the other opinions people have given" is called an arguement. If you notice, those people I was talking to were argueing against my opinions as well. Asking for something is not entitlement, that would be demanding. You should learn the meaning of words before you use them, especially if you're going to talk to me like I'm stupid.

I haven't been keeping this thread going. It's mostly been other people including you. The only reason I'm responding now is because you're trying to call me out on something.
    Beta access for SC2 preorders worked great, so thumbs up to them doing it for this too. Make it all preorders though, not just digital.

Boo hoo to anybody already in beta that wouldn't feel special anymore.
    About the promoting....they don't need to promote this game even more to know it sells , because it will.... ALOT, and blizzard knows this.
    But really guys , keep your calm... there's nothing much you can do , nor that fighting one another is going anywhere :/
    When Blizz feels like they should invite more people , they will... and it will be posted here on Dfans.
    Beside that, might as well make a poll out of this as the OP suggested..

And as a sidenote, the hardware used for the Beta server atm, is probably different and less advanced than the retail ones.. to handle more stress.
    Right now they're probably making an estimate what they will need to ensure lagfree gameplay.
    So my guess would be , if literally every pre-orderer gets invited, the single server would die.

Right now i have my account shared with 3 mates, and too bad i can't trust most ppl on the web ( after experiencing it )
    Just hope you get a key through a contest or get a friend that is willing to share it with you, but again there's no need to start flaming eachother just for "what someone else wants it to be, while it's not up to us to say what will be the case, Blizzard does that for us".
    you shouldn't hide selfish desire with the fake stance of justice for all. it's incredibly transparent.
    Quote from Greenjoke

you shouldn't hide selfish desire with the fake stance of justice for all. it's incredibly transparent.

I'm not, and it's not a fake stance of justice for all, i wish everyone could play the beta, Blizzard just won't do it, simple as that.
    There would not be enough beta keys :P

The beta has no gems, no unique drops, very limited itemization and as of patch 15 very few skills/runes. Retail will be so much better. The wait's almost over :)
    Quote from Arcirus

Quote from Stephenk291

First of all you're a moron for thinking my name was Faithful. Yeah I saw you change it. And secondly how you say I just "bitch about the other opinions people have given" is called an arguement. If you notice, those people I was talking to were argueing against my opinions as well. Asking for something is not entitlement, that would be demanding. You should learn the meaning of words before you use them, especially if you're going to talk to me like I'm stupid.

I haven't been keeping this thread going. It's mostly been other people including you. The only reason I'm responding now is because you're trying to call me out on something.

Heaven forebid I'm new to the forums and accidently glance at the wrong title..but yes that makes me a moron. I've made 2 posts total in this thread, where you've bitched up and down for about 2 pages. Let's see here Entitlement: In a casual sense, the term "entitlement" refers to a notion or belief that one (or oneself) is deserving of some particular reward or benefit. So if you want to get schooled even further in what a word actually means, please continue to try to follow up with another insult toward someone elses intelligence.
    Quote from Stephenk291

Quote from Arcirus

Quote from Stephenk291

Heaven forebid I'm new to the forums and accidently glance at the wrong title..but yes that makes me a moron. I've made 2 posts total in this thread, where you've bitched up and down for about 2 pages. Let's see here Entitlement: In a casual sense, the term "entitlement" refers to a notion or belief that one (or oneself) is deserving of some particular reward or benefit. So if you want to get schooled even further in what a word actually means, please continue to try to follow up with another insult toward someone elses intelligence.

I never said we should get or deserve to get beta keys for pre-order. I said I hope we do and I think it would be a good idea. So according to your definition, you're still a moron...
    Since I continue to have no luck getting a Beta key, I say emphatically "YES!"

A lot of online games, mostly MMOs, do give Beta access and/or Headstart to pre-orders. It's almost becoming a standard. I think it's the least Blizzard could do for their fans after the string of delays.

-SC

EDIT: I don't think Blizzard necessarily 'owes' us, it would be a bonus to pre-ordering the game. So, I don't feel like it's entitlement. I would certainly like it, I'm sure many other would too. Therefore, I think they 'should' do it as it foster good with the community that the company values their customers. It would be like, 'Hey we don't have to do this, but because we love you guys so much, here you go!'
    Quote from sc2071

Since I continue to have no luck getting a Beta key, I say emphatically "YES!"

A lot of online games, mostly MMOs, do give Beta access and/or Headstart to pre-orders. It's almost becoming a standard. I think it's the least Blizzard could do for their fans after the string of delays.

-SC

EDIT: I don't think Blizzard necessarily 'owes' us, it would be a bonus to pre-ordering the game. So, I don't feel like it's entitlement. I would certainly like it, I'm sure many other would too. Therefore, I think they 'should' do it as it foster good with the community that the company values their customers. It would be like, 'Hey we don't have to do this, but because we love you guys so much, here you go!'

Unless by saying "it would be a bonus to pre-ordering the game" you ALSO mean those of us who pre-ordered other places than Blizzards own online store (I for example preordered the collectors edition from GameStop), I would NOT think it would "foster good with the community that the company values their customers" - I would feel outright pissed on by Blizzard, if the ones ordering online would get in the beta, and the rest of us wouldn't. And if they would include the rest of us, how would they go about such a thing?
    I've started this thread because I was surprised that you can buy a copy for less money on other sites. I would still purchase from Blizzard no mather the price since I love Blizz team and their work until now. Beta key givaway in question in this thread was my hope that they will surprise us because we purchased directly via battle.net. For those who purchased elsewhere, I always love to purchase directly from the game makers (I pre-ordered my Witcher 2 from CD-Project RED for lesser price since they don't make difference if you're from EU or the US).

That's all from me. I'll probably delete this thread tomorrow
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes