Should Blizz give beta keys for Pre-ordered on their Site

They just should add more people to the opt In I still believe they will though.
    Quote from Arcirus

Who said anything about entitlement here? I just don't see an issue with letting more people in for testing which is EXACTLY what a beta is for. And using your logic, the servers wouldn't be ready for that massive influx of players on launch day without beta testing more users. Do you really think they haven't already found most of the bugs from 1-13? Unless they make more content available to the current beta testers, I honestly don't see the issue with letting more people in to stress test a little more. In fact I would think it would even be beneficial for them to do so.

Thank you
    My lord what a new and exciting topic of conversation. I don't think I have ever seen this thread on these forums before...
    Oh wait, no, I'm wrong, there have been hundreds of them, each one as pointless as the last.

No I don't think that there should be keys for pre-orders, it's retarded.

EDIT: If Blizzard need more people to stress test the servers, they will invite them. You don't know jack about their systems, the readiness of those systems or the loads they can take, so your opinion of it being beneficial is entirely without basis.
    Quote from Afro_DemonHunter

They just should add more people to the opt In I still believe they will though.

I'm inclined to agree with you on this for the same reasons I just argued in my last post. And like you said, they most likely will for the same reasons. The way they do it isn't all that important to me, I just hope they do.
    Well to be quite honest with you - not to sound mean or destroy your dreams/hopes about this but..
    I think Blizzard would rather give beta keys to the ones who didnt order D3/annual pass - because those who already ordered it or payed for annual pass HAS bought the game - and with beta, blizzard are trying to invite new members to get them to like the game so they would buy it.

It sure do seem this way, i mean sure some got keys through forums etc who already ordered the game - but the ones who have blizz accounts and are playing different games who didn't order/buy d3 will most likely get key to try it out.
    Quote from zerObit

My lord what a new and exciting topic of conversation. I don't think I have ever seen this thread on these forums before...
    Oh wait, no, I'm wrong, there have been hundreds of them, each one as pointless as the last.

No I don't think that there should be keys for pre-orders, it's retarded.

You're an idiot...No one claimed that this was an original arguement and if it's so pointless why did you read the entire thread and post in it? Grow up kid.

Oh and I'm so sorry we were talking about something you're not interested in on your forums. It will never happen again Sir.
    The reason to not offer beta is the same why the price isn't cheaper on bnet. Blizzard won't screw the retailers.
    A lot of people will prefer digital version only because of the beta access.

Quote from Greaver

Well to be quite honest with you - not to sound mean or destroy your dreams/hopes about this but..
    I think Blizzard would rather give beta keys to the ones who didnt order D3/annual pass - because those who already ordered it or payed for annual pass HAS bought the game - and with beta, blizzard are trying to invite new members to get them to like the game so they would buy it.

It sure do seem this way, i mean sure some got keys through forums etc who already ordered the game - but the ones who have blizz accounts and are playing different games who didn't order/buy d3 will most likely get key to try it out.

Yeah! You're right, noobs can better test the game than hardcore fans who know every bug there was in the series. I know very little people who played D2 and didn't pre-order (to be exact, all the people I know personally did buy).
    I can care less if they do or don't get a beta key for Diablo 3. I have more momentous things to worry about, for me. Like helping to rebuild people who have lost their home (lost all of their belonging), because of the latest natural disasters... Which more people should volunteers to do, imo.

You can say what does this have to do with this topic? I say, don't discern about this too much or at all. There can be MUCH worse thing.
    Quote from Mastodon

I can care less if they do or don't get a beta key for Diablo 3. I have more momentous things to worry about, for me. Like helping to rebuild people who have lost their home (lost all of their belonging), because of the latest natural disasters... Which more people should volunteers to do, imo.

That's a great idea but sorry to say some of us don't have the resources to allow us to do so.
    Quote from ExecutoR2006

Quote from Greaver

Yeah! You're right, noobs can better test the game than hardcore fans who know every bug there was in the series. I know very little people who played D2 and didn't pre-order (to be exact, all the people I know personally did buy).

My sarcasm-radar just went off the scales! But, how are people who order the game online/digital version any more of a "hardcore fan" than people who pre-ordered the collectors edition or a regular standard version? Why are the digital version-preorders any more entitled than the rest of us?
    Blizzard should not give betas to preorders (not digital or any other kind), beta should be what it is - random - to ensure the widest possible user-base. Not just fans.
    Quote from ExecutoR2006
    Yeah! You're right, noobs can better test the game than hardcore fans who know every bug there was in the series.

While this sure seem sarcastic, I see what you're getting at. Us hardcore fans do indeed know what was wrong with previous games, and what could be improved through various things.

But (there always has to be one, right?), that doesn't mean we're better beta testers. I, personally, havn't reported a single bug or anything yet - but it might just be because I couldn't find any, or I'm blinded by the game's awesomeness. Who knows..?
    It has been said... that in the end of all things... we would find a new beginning. But as the shadow once again crawls across our world... and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind... the people pray for strength and guidance. They should pray for the mercy of a swift death... for I've seen what the darkness hides!
    ... I don't think it's safe here.
    Hoping for Pink Chain Lightning in D3!
    Quote from Arcirus

Quote from Mastodon

That's a great idea but sorry to say some of us don't have the resources to allow us to do so.

True, some people have their hands full. Though, if one person have internet, and have time to post topics online and debate about it have the time. Instead of spending time on here quarreling almost every post not in agreement with them, just move on I say. A person post their opinion on here will always get an oposite feedback. If they want someone to see from their view, they cannot insult the other persons stance. This goes to both side of the perspective.

A lot of post here I see both side disparaging one another. One have to assert the conversation in a calm manner. They cannot think, if the other person did it first I can do it too or he did it too. This kind of thinking will go no where, and will revolve around each side maligning one another.
    Quote from Mastodon

Quote from Arcirus

Quote from Mastodon

True, some people have their hands full. Though, if one person have internet, and have time to post topics online and debate about it have the time. Instead of spending time on here quarreling almost every post not in agreement with them, just move on I say. A person post their opinion on here will always get an oposite feedback. If they want someone to see from their view, they cannot insult the other persons stance. This goes to both side of the perspective.

Lol now you're just trying to start a fight. I was agreeing with you...I just said I'm not in a position to help anyone as right now I'm barely getting by myself. It's not always as simple as just having the time. For me to help people in these areas torn apart by these recent natural disasters it would require money that I don't have to travel.

Now for the the original topic, I'm done talking about that as it really seems to be going nowhere and I've already stated my opinions. Which is exactly what they are. Opinions.
    I apolagize to those I've offended with my comments. I got carried away when I've read some of the comments, and that wasn't my intention. It would have been better if I put a poll instead of this tread. Simple yes and no would suffice as an answer. No need to write long stories.
    Quote from Archer2011

I got lucky and won mine on a contest, just giving it to pre-orders would not feel very special :), the game is brilliant, but how many times can you seriously keep running the skeleton king? :P You arn't really missing out on anything by not being in the Beta, sure its fun but once it's done it's done. Go play D2 level 1-13 and see how fun it is.... it's way more fun late game, as will D3 be :)

Amazing, what a selfish person. You won the beta in a contest and feel bored of it already but still would rather Blizzard didn't make it easier for someone to also experience the same. The fact that you've had the beta all this time already makes it "special" enough.
    After Starcraft 2, they will never give Beta for Pre-order ever again, too many people took advantage of them.
    I just want a little bit of tenderness :(

Quote from ExecutoR2006

Quote from Greaver

You completly missed his/her point.
    He says:
    -People with the annual pass or who have already purchased are already buyers, there is no need to advertise the game to them or send gifts.
    -People who have neither are potential buyers, if they advertise the game to them (with beta keys) it may be more beneficial as a marketing move.

On the other hand, giving keys to people who preorder would also be a move to make more preorders. They may do it like they did with SC2 in the final weeks (or give keys to gamestop).
    Quote from ExecutoR2006

Quote from Greaver

Blizzard is after selling the game, specially since u dont pay monthly fee for it like wow - They have big competition this year with the release of tera-online and GW2 and other games. They won't give the keys to people who already bought D3 or the annual pass. Buying annual pass = you're stuck with paying them now for 1 year, so they have you already. Instead they wanna reach to players who are perhaps more interested in other games, so blizz can gain them as paying customers aswell.

Makes sense? ^.^
    I would love if they did this (I'm in beta already), and I think they will when all of the servers are up and running, including EU servers.
    I don't care what they are saying now, I can definitely see them doing this when the server park is up and running.
    Mass stress test for the win, less problems after launch.
    O_O
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes