Should Blizz give beta keys for Pre-ordered on their Site

Are there more people that agree with me that Blizzard shold give some beta keys for those who pre-ordered Diablo III directly from Blizzard shop? I've read that you can order a copy for less EUR from other site (which I think is not fair) but at least, give us some keys.

And here's one older quote:

"I can see what you see not,
    vision milky then eyes rot.
    When you turn they will be gone,
    whispering their hidden song.
    Then you'll see what cannot be,
    shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    cast down to the halls of the blind."

Book of the Blind
    That would be quite a dumb move by them.
    Pre-order on blizz site -> receive beta key -> cancel pre-order on blizz site -> pre-order on cheaper site -> profit
    They can allways block my account access to beta so that I cannot play it if I call off my order.
    That would make the beta pretty much as a demo , it's still for stresstesting and whatnot... not for ppl to "take a look into the game".
    Okay, an edit to what would happen as I already expected that answer:

pre-order from blizz site -> get beta acces -> cancel pre-order around 1st of may or something -> order at cheaper site -> profit

Try to think in a pirate way ;).

YARR!!!
    They shouldn't. The beta isn't - as mentioned - made to be a peek into the game, or any kind of "early access".
    It has been said... that in the end of all things... we would find a new beginning. But as the shadow once again crawls across our world... and the stench of terror drifts on a bitter wind... the people pray for strength and guidance. They should pray for the mercy of a swift death... for I've seen what the darkness hides!
    ... I don't think it's safe here.
    Hoping for Pink Chain Lightning in D3!
    I forgot to mention that I've signed for beta testing since day one (when Diablo III was first mentioned in beta profile settings). Naturaly, I didn't get the key (as many others haven't) but was kinda hopping for it. I've been with the series from 1996, purchased it on my trip to the US and I'm hooked from that moment on.
    Quote from ExecutoR2006

I forgot to mention that I've signed for beta testing since day one (when Diablo III was first mentioned in beta profile settings). Naturaly, I didn't get the key (as many others haven't) but was kinda hopping for it. I've been with the series from 1996, purchased it on my trip to the US and I'm hooked from that moment on.

And even then there were lots of opportunities to actually get a key, lots of contests and whatnot... Just opting in for the beta on Blizzard puts you in a position where u have a chance of 0.01% to get one , in some of the contests u had chances of 30% or more.

Beside that, you're not missing out on much and in 55 days the game will be out anyway ;)
    Quote from ExecutoR2006

and this matters because? you are just mad you didnt get in just wait those few more days...
    I'm glad you feel that you somehow were magically granted a sense of entitlement once you pre-ordered a video game.

move along.
    You guys are assholes. I'm guessing most of you posting on here flaming the op already got beta keys. Besides, for stress testing purposes this would actually be a good idea.
    None of this has been flaming untill you started insulting here mate, it's just a bit of an insult to anyone who worked for their beta keys (think of art contests etc.) And what Stephenk said is right aswell, you do not get entitled to get this because you've played their games for X amount of time, that would be ridiculous and impossible to confirm.

I already pointed out a way to abuse the mentioned way of getting the key, and the beta is not there to let everybody have a taste of what the game is like. It's there to find bugs, or improve the UI etc with player feedback.

I do not have a beta key, probably won't get one, would ofcourse like one, and have also got a pre-order on a CE, but I still think this would be a bad idea.
    no
    Lol yeah I bet that's exactly what everyone who got a beta key was looking forward to. "I could give a shit less about previewing the game, I just can't wait to get out there and start testing for bugs". Get real...
    I got lucky and won mine on a contest, just giving it to pre-orders would not feel very special :), the game is brilliant, but how many times can you seriously keep running the skeleton king? :P You arn't really missing out on anything by not being in the Beta, sure its fun but once it's done it's done. Go play D2 level 1-13 and see how fun it is.... it's way more fun late game, as will D3 be :)
    Quote from Arcirus

Lol yeah I bet that's exactly what everyone who got a beta key was looking forward to. "I could give a shit less about previewing the game, I just can't wait to get out there and start testing for bugs". Get real...

I wasn't talking about player motives, I was talking about blizz's motives, ofcourse players just want to play, but there are also people who take it a bit more serious and post feedback. Those guys are the ones deserving the beta keys, and the ones who made awesome fan art or similar things that took up a lot of time. And that is exactly why I don't care that I didn't get one, I haven't put in nearly as many hours as some others did.

Just handing them out for nothing would be useless. Look at the other comments, they are not flaming, yet they are all disagreeing with the op.
    Why do you think that more people in the beta somehow hurts blizzard? It would be more people testing their game. How is that a bad thing?
    Because it's not the goal of the closed beta. Why would anyone be entitled to getting it? There is not a single reason. It's a closed beta and you're lucky if you can play it. More players would probably mean they would have to focus more on stability on their beta server (which they are already struggling with a little it seems). There's a reason the chance to enter the beta is small, it's because there are so many people signed up for it. Having all those people join now would probably crash the servers even more. This would give them flame from people who feel they should have the right to play even though they haven't paid for it or anything. Just give them time to get everything ready for release instead of putting a LOT of stress on the beta server right now.
    I will post just this. I seriously wanted to beta test the game and help making it better. I've played all characters from D1 and D2, spent over few tousand gameplay hours in the game (SP and MP) and joined this forum so maybe I can help in shaping things that we love in series and to change things we didn't like so much. I don't care if you disagree with me, I'm not a kid anymore (I'm 33 now).

P. S. I know there can be almost zero changes to the game at this point, and that they are mostly doing stress tests.
    Who said anything about entitlement here? I just don't see an issue with letting more people in for testing which is EXACTLY what a beta is for. And using your logic, the servers wouldn't be ready for that massive influx of players on launch day without beta testing more users. Do you really think they haven't already found most of the bugs from 1-13? Unless they make more content available to the current beta testers, I honestly don't see the issue with letting more people in to stress test a little more. In fact I would think it would even be beneficial for them to do so.

I'm not demanding they let more people in and I don't think that was the intention of the op, it was just a suggestion...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes