How do we survive until release?

A mix of Istaria and the belgariad by David eddings should last atleast a month, remaining time is yet unoccupied.
    Quote from C_zy

Quote from MCMXCIX

Quote from Ducha

Study as much as I possibly can until release, unfortunately the 15 of May is smack bang during my Exam time. This way I can hopefully go well at exams and play Diablo 3.

Yeah... May 15th is during finals week for me too. /sigh Looks like I'm failing some exams.

My finals end the week before May 15 :D

You bastard! Just kidding. My classes are mostly easy. One's online, so I can take the final anytime between now and when the semester ends. My electricity/magnetism physics final is just every mini test I've got wrong, taken over again. And then there's inorganic chemistry... /shakes fists I know for a fact that when I'm taking my chemistry test, I'll hear "RAKANISHU!" over and over... taunting me...
    When I grow up, I want to be a frill-necked lizard.
    My birthday is in May, so it's even harder for me to wait lol.
    Check out my Diablo 3 videos! --> http://www.youtube.com/Gr1mTV
    Skyrim, will keep people busy until Diablo 3 releases for sure.
    Check out my Diablo 3 videos! --> http://www.youtube.com/Gr1mTV
    Quote from AlamarCurse

Quote from Denius1704

Been playing SWTOR as well, but i seriously doubt it will keep me for 2 more months. The idea with re-reading the Wheel of Time is actually a pretty good one, gotta dust off those books and start from number one.

I highly recommend the Sword of Truth epic fantasy ~10 books by Terry Goodkind. I enjoyed it quite a bit more than Jordan's (which I just ended up giving up part way through), though it definitely has it's similarities.

Pick up Wizard's First Rule and see how that works for ya : )

-Alamar

I am very similar to you both. I read the Wheel Of Time series (I enjoyed the first several books) until about the 10th book and then gave up cause there wasn't much progression.

I read Wizard's First Rule but I just couldn't get into it. I wanted to be more immersed in the storyline I suppose.
    "So you have come here for information? I have some for you..."
    Thanks for that youtube link Sexton. Haven't seen the LP (or youtuber) before.
    All it takes is one bad day.
    Quote from X_Gr1m_X

Skyrim, will keep people busy until Diablo 3 releases for sure.

Not me unfortunately. After ~250 hours I'm done with it. :)
    Playing a lot of HoN to hone my clicking skills, but I need a proper game to keep myself busy.
    Maybe I'll start playing some MMO for a month or so, but that feels kinda pointless. Hmm, not really any games out there that I'm in the mood to play really, Diablo III is the only thing I've had on my mind for atleast 5 years. I'll probably end up playing Borderlands again, since that's kinda Diablo'ish with the loot fest and all. :D
    Quote from Deathjester

sexton is the rank i am :P my name is "Nivius"

hope you enjoy it, hes quite fun! at least in that LP
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    Thanks for the tip on the Goodkind books, I'll add them to my list. I'm eternally on the hunt for dark-fantasy novels done well (aka, Diablo-stype horror/fantasy) but there seem to actually be very very few of them. WoT isn't so horror-ish but it's good stuff and will bide the time until May 15. :) I've never gotten further than book 5 I think, so it's long overdue.

Also, addendum, reading through the Book of Cain which I just picked up!
    A dripping sword / removes all memories.
    Playing the D3 beta?
    Minesweeper, 3D pinball and solitare.
    Quote from Nivius

Quote from Deathjester

sexton is the rank i am :P my name is "Nivius"

hope you enjoy it, hes quite fun! at least in that LP

Hah, whoops, used to seeing the username right around that location.
    All it takes is one bad day.
    A lot of good suggestions - especially liked the one about wearing your girlfriends clothes, although there are some restraints unless she is as wide(or wider) or as tall(or taller) as you are. If thats the case, well.. good for you dude.

Heres my strategy:

Make some cash 2-3 weeks.
    Go on a holiday where there is sun, beach and water for 2-3 weeks.
    Spend 1 week being awesome and experiencing IRL.
    Spend 1 week preparing for LAN by making your apartment/room environmentally sound/light/smell/neighbour/exterior-proof.

Voila release date is here!

Oh and btw... I also have papers due on the 16th and 23rd of may.
    FML.
    Hmm, things to do untill Diablo 3? Well I have videos to record... I bought Tales of Graces F which came out last week (excellent Namco Action RPG). Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City drops tonight at midnight.. as does Ninja Gaiden 3 (didn't order that one, will wait for it to get a bit cheaper while I also finish Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2).

Graces F alone will be hours of RPG goodness to keep me going.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    Thought it would get easier once the release date was announced, I was wrong.
    Quote from AFd3

I think its definitely easier since date has been announced. I am planning on getting into really good shape since I will be a computer chair potato after its released.
    Quote from Afro_DemonHunter

Quote from AFd3

I think its definitely easier since date has been announced. I am planning on getting into really good shape since I will be a computer chair potato after its released.

im sure you'll be in shape. round is a shape.
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Afro_DemonHunter

Quote from AFd3

im sure you'll be in shape. round is a shape.

Then I'm in perfect shape, BRING ON THE GAME!!
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    GTL, Dota 2, EQ 1, and touching myself.

Hopefully that'll keep me busy.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes