Cross your fingers

Ok guys, here's something I found and we must all cross our fingers to finally have the game release date. As you may saw Jay Wilson mentioned that Patch 14 is shippable content (but they still tuning the game).

That means in my opinion that we're gonna have 1 or 2 more beta patches max. Or maybe no more - who knows.

Anyways, I found this on Blizzplanet and it may give you some hypeness or happiness or you know your feelings.

For those who missed it, Blizzard Entertainment invited Blizzplanet and other fansites to the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Press Event which takes place through March 13-15 (Tuesday-Thursday).

However, I don’t want to see anyone hold their breath these two magic days. Eldorian and DJTyrant will sign an NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) which prevents them from making public any info until Monday, March 19th — when all gaming networks and fansites are able to share to the public their gosu-articles highlighting all the new features, screenshots, concept art and/or videos provided in the press kit DVD, and their personal experiences playing the Mists of Pandaria (Alpha) demo.

Mark it on your calendar and make sure to visit Blizzplanet or follow us on Twitter/Facebook/G+ to get the latest news of our coverage.

On other matters, Eldorian recently published an article a few days ago explaining why March 12 might be a very attractive date for Blizzard Entertainment to announce the Diablo III official release date.
    It’s a good theory based on some history facts learned from previous Blizzard games and their corresponding release date announcements.

Just want to be clear this was a theory, and in no way means we have an inside knowledge. It’s a wild guess. A guess that’s very very attractive. Most of the previous Blizzard press releases concerning a official release date are made on a Monday.

Monday 19th will be an all-out spotlight on Mists of Pandaria info from the press event. “IF” Blizzard wished to announce the Diablo III official release date before the Mists of Pandaria’s wave of info — then March 12 is a strong candidate.

However, Blizzard might also announce it at an undetermined date after the Mists of Pandaria press spotlight. It’s like the lotto. Unpredictable.

In my opinion, i'm sure we're near to the Mists of Pandaria beta (and I'll be the one who will test it as I registered for the Annual Pass) Personally I want to play MoP beta just to forget the Diablo 3 beta because I'm not in yet and it feels somehow sad :P

Source for quote :
    People still play WoW? Kong Fu Panda incoming
    I quit WoW by firelands and now they are releasing Pandas... yah WoW definitely has improved its game play... I'm so in
    :hehe:
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Quote from Slayerviper

I quit WoW by firelands and now they are releasing Pandas... yah WoW definitely has improved its game play... I'm so in
    :hehe:

I quited WoW too but I was still playing when I had my Annual Pass already registered :P But still I'm gonna try a monk in WoW but I'm not sure if I'll play the retail. Anyways the thing is that we're waiting a release day on Monday or somewhere near Marth 19th :D
    /pray /pray /pray
    if your stuck with an annual pass I get that... I couldn't bring my self to pay into the scheme to keep sucking on the WoW tit, I'll wait till the actual release before Blizzard gets any money from me.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Diablo is more anticipated then MoP no major news should be before any Diablo major news... WoW had its time in the son its time for something else.
    Quote from sbsgrinth

Diablo is more anticipated then MoP no major news should be before any Diablo major news... WoW had its time in the son its time for something else.

True, and WoW is an old game. We must expect more news for Diablo rather than MoP... But I think Blizzard somehow cares more about WoW or something, it's their main game. Most of the people are there so they might give the news there first and then Diablo. But I'm sure everyone who played WoW is expecting Diablo 3 so, Blizzard please.. make that monday a shiny day!
    The Pandaren Brewmaster from Warcraft 3 was the absolute pinnacle of manliness and badassery. The fact that pandarens are being added to WoW is the only thing that has made me regret canceling my account all those years ago.

But screw that, DIABLO IS COMING.
    Quote from OmniNom

The Pandaren Brewmaster from Warcraft 3 was the absolute pinnacle of manliness and badassery. The fact that pandarens are being added to WoW is the only thing that has made me regret canceling my account all those years ago.

Few people actually remember WC3 any more. I think most of the population who play WoW anymore won't realize that Pandaren aren't just pandas.
    My place really was here. I was too foolish and stubborn to notice. But, what I truly hoped for then was here. Why do I always realize it When I've already lost it.
    Quote from Knucker

Quote from OmniNom

Few people actually remember WC3 any more. I think most of the population who play WoW anymore won't realize that Pandaren aren't just pandas.

what are you talking about go online WC3 there are still tons playing
    Makes sense.
    Quote from Knucker

Quote from OmniNom

Right. they are KUNG-FU PANDAS.
    Quote from falcompsx

Kung-Fu pandas that existed way before the movie "Kung Fu Panda"... but people tend to forget that and claim Blizz is trying to rip off the movie to get new players. But it was always there... if anything that movie ripped off WC3. :cheers:
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    So much ignorance in this thread. Amusing. I'll just mention that the Pandaren Brewmaster was out way before the Kung Fu Panda movies and Pandaren were supposed to be the original Alliance race in the Burning Crusade.

Also not that many people care about Diablo 3 news. But WoW? WoW isn't a game anymore, it's an institution. Thinking that "people" will want more Diablo news then WoW news is simply ignorant. WoW has become a prime example of brilliant marketing, execution, longevity and staying in touch with the times. It rules an entire genre of games with an iron first. Its population exceeds all other MMOs combined even after the 2 million that quit. The people that play it exceed the population of a lot of countries. It's has many, many books, tabletop games, card games, hundreds of shirts, TV commercials and there aren't a lot of people in gaming that don't think of WoW when "Horde" is mentioned for example.

Everything about WoW has become a benchmark for success.
    Quote from KageKaze

Quote from falcompsx

Kung-Fu pandas that existed way before the movie "Kung Fu Panda"... but people tend to forget that and claim Blizz is trying to rip off the movie to get new players. But it was always there... if anything that movie ripped off WC3. :cheers:
    Except instead of brewing, the panda made noodles.
    I don't always burn. But when I do, I use hellfire.
    Quote from sbsgrinth

Dream on. I'm personally looking forward to D3 more the MoP but don't fool yourself into which is more important to Blizzard. WoW is their bread and butter and will be for many, many years to come. Even if WoW ever dropped to 2 million subscribers (don't hold your breath waiting for that) it would still be more important to them. D3 is a one time revenue generator (not counting an expansion or two)... WoW makes money over and over for them year after year. You'll never see them making an option to get the next WoW expansion for free! I'm seriously not trying to be a Blizzard fanboy here... just being realistic.
    So his reason for it being announced March 12th is because they don't want people posting on the Mists of Pandaria information "don't care, relase D3" .... ?

He has no solid evidence for why it would be this Monday, but he's right, I don't see Diablo 3 being announced march 19th or even march 26th. That's just way too far away.
    "When men are most sure and arrogant, they are commonly the most mistaken, and have then given views to passion, without that proper deliberation and suspense which can alone secure them from the grossest absurdities"
    Quote from VirusTech

Quote from sbsgrinth

True, and WoW is an old game. We must expect more news for Diablo rather than MoP... But I think Blizzard somehow cares more about WoW or something, it's their main game. Most of the people are there so they might give the news there first and then Diablo. But I'm sure everyone who played WoW is expecting Diablo 3 so, Blizzard please.. make that monday a shiny day!

Blizz caring more about wow is not rocket science, wow still (and will for the next years) make them far more money than any other game they released or are making. I don't know their business strategy, but timing the D3 release date with MoP is actually quite critical. They can use D3 to prevent ppl from moving to GW2 while they are still working on finalizing the panda bear expansion. When ppl get bored of D3 (yes, most ppl will get bored after playing the game through nightmare or hell) they still have an active annual pass and so it is very easy to get back into wow.

I think that annual pass was a brilliant move anyway, you give away a game and bind ppl to your profitable game for a year, nicely bridging the (this times huge) content gap.

Anyway, timing all dates and announcements is key looking at the competition.
    With the news about the PvP system i guess we will get the release date in a few days. \\//
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes