Easy Inferno runs are bad

I hope Inferno won't be easily soloed. The co-op aspect is one of the best things about this game, they've seem to have taken the best parts of the MMO PvE action (interesting boss encounters) and stuck them in a lovely ARPG box.

If this means some single player fanatics will rant about Inferno being unplayable, so be it. The rest of us will be in game and enjoying epic 4-player Inferno action.
    I'm not even gonna read this entire pointless thread that has been repeated for the billionth time.

Just one thing is worth mentioning that is relevant to the OP.

There will be no "sweet spots" for farming and players can't "find a way to make use of the game mechanics" because of the random component to the game that has been in it for its bloody entirety! When you log into Inferno you will have Champions and you will have Uniques and you will have territories and they will all be random! All the cool little events with huge rewards in the game are random! The jar of souls, for example, that I've only seen twice so far from ~15 runs of the damn crypts. By the time I finally get it to spawn I could've been elsewhere just farming random mobs! Same chance for the items!

What is so hard to grasp about the whole game being random and the mobs having equal chance of dropping everything?! How can you exploit such a thing? There are very, very little non-random scenes in the game and they usually don't have a lot of interesting stuff in them, mostly quests.

Honestly. :/

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from overneathe

There will be no "sweet spots" for farming and players can't "find a way to make use of the game mechanics" because of the random component to the game that has been in it for its bloody entirety!

Whoa, while I'm making a big assumption (Blizzard won't be able to balance Inferno), I think this is a big assumption too. Players ALWAYS find ways to game the system. It's human nature. We could argue back and forth about our opinions on this, but we'll just hafta see. Personally I'd love to be proven completely and ridiculously wrong. Here's to hoping you're right!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes