Easy Inferno runs are bad

I like the idea that the whole of inferno will be of equal difficulty level and I certainly don't think there should be better rewards for doing specific areas.

I think it's awesome that we can go through the whole game and not need to worry about going to certain areas in order to get the best loot. If I prefer act II over the final act then I don't feel as though I should be punished for not wanting to go to the final act, I should be allowed to keep doing the second act over and over again and have just as much chance of getting amazing loot as someone doing the final act, or in your example someone that has progressed through the whole game again.

I'd much rather leave progressing through the whole game for levelling new character, when i hit 60 I will probably focus on a specific act that I enjoy if that's a viable way of farming whilst I'm not PvP'ing.
    Quote from Drkclone

I am now confused. You say that easy Inferno runs are bad but you are rewarding those who do that? Blizzard has already stated that the Unique mobs have a higher drop rate in Inferno than the bosses. So no one is going to run through each Act like the past three difficulties. And these "bonuses" would just encourage those easy runs to do all four acts.

You didn't catch his definition of "easy run".

An easy run is farming a small area over and over and over.

So if you had incentive to run the entire game there could be no easy runs. That is the point of his post.

Quote from Nastai

In my opinion, if they've played through the entire game three times already in order to get to inferno, why push them to play through the entire thing again? People will always find and use the spot that they feel is the most efficient for their needs.

I agree to a degree. How I see this particular incentive though, it's not enough to force EVERYONE to NOT use a single area (IF one area proves to be "easy", "fast", and "lucrative", I'm not convinced that will happen).

If an "easy" area is found, it will be a trade off. Fast and easy run with just your MF or a longer full game run with more MF.
    calling Inferno Easy....

1. you treid inferno level?
    2. You played it and deemd it Easy....

othervise...

your just another loudmouth who dont know what he talks about creating half-flame topic posts
    Quote from engelious

calling Inferno Easy....

1. you treid inferno level?
    2. You played it and deemd it Easy....

othervise...

your just another loudmouth who dont know what he talks about creating half-flame topic posts

Sigh. So much hostility. No, I'm not trying to create a flame post. Far from it. That's why I'm not going to respond in kind. That whole eons-old axiom about arguing on the internet...

Read my post #20 to see where I'm coming from. If you disagree, that's fine! Tell me why. Let's keep it civil.
    Not being hostile, but any system of incentive to play a specific area is in effect limiting you. I think most people want to have any advantages that may be available to them, essentially forcing them to play a specific way if that way gives them this advantage.

Of course some players will eventually break even the hardest game, but from what I've seen and heard, I think Inferno will be more than enough of a challenge to even hardcore players. If they also keep up with any developing trends, such as areas which are too easy or open to exploits, I think there will be no cause to add to the system they already have in place.
    While I agree with your intentions and since I personally plan on playing Inferno from start to finish over and over again I would like this incentive, you need to keep in mind that many people look at the maximum benefits you can have as baseline. Anything lower than that is "restricted." I.E. baseline is running the game from start to finish. If you want to play any other way you have -50% MF, even if it's exactly the same MF as they would have had without the incentive. It's just how min/maxers think, and I don't disagree with that. I know if there was +50% to MF for running the same act over and over again I'd be pissed.
    Quote from Smithy6482

but we all know...it's gonna happen

This is called an ASSumption.
    I keep reading the random spawns having a better droprate than bosses. This was never said by Blizzard, they said it would be the same droprate.
    IIRC Blizzard already said that they don't want you going over a small part over and over again. That's why every monster in Inferno will be lvl 61 no matter where or what.

Thanks to this it would be more interesting to go through the entire acts from beginning to the end multiple times, helps keep things fresher.

That is if you can get to the end...You will die...
    Personally, I'm wondering how they're going to make act 1 as hard as the rest of the acts. The mobs in Act I are pretty simple and because of that, they aren't very difficult. Sure you can give them a million hit points and have them 1 shot you, but that's not very fun.

I guess we'll see if they can hold true to their word when the game finally comes out.
    There is no such thing as easy Inferno, dont even worry about it.
    People will always find the easiest things to do, however, with the game being random with the rares and unique monster giving legit drops, there is no incentive to just leave after a 'lap around the cemetery'. You will need 4 people to grind it all out, you can't do it solo and you will have to put in strategy (this has all been confirmed). So for all of that to happen you have committed players who want to do more than a 'lap around a jungle'. If there is any incentive, it is to keep pushing ahead through the levels because they are all fair drops. all droping and loading new games and getting set again is actually a penalty because of the lost time.
    Sometimes you don't always know where you stand... until you know that you won't run away.
    Quote from Burzghash

Quote from Smithy6482

but we all know...it's gonna happen

This is called an ASSumption.

Yep, but a good one I think. Just look at D2, or pretty much any MMORPG out there. Heck, single player games aren't immune either. There was a bug in Mass Effect 1 where you could get virtually unlimited XP to level up to max in about an hour, instead of ~80 hours. Slightly different situation, but it's the same general theme.

Personally, I'm wondering how they're going to make act 1 as hard as the rest of the acts. The mobs in Act I are pretty simple and because of that, they aren't very difficult. Sure you can give them a million hit points and have them 1 shot you, but that's not very fun.

This, a million times. That's exactly my point! As great as the beta looks, I don't want Inferno to be easiest in Act 1.

Anything lower than that is "restricted." I.E. baseline is running the game from start to finish. If you want to play any other way you have -50% MF, even if it's exactly the same MF as they would have had without the incentive. It's just how min/maxers think, and I don't disagree with that. I know if there was +50% to MF for running the same act over and over again I'd be pissed.

I can understand that, because I'd be one of those people. :) Maybe a bonus to MF isn't the right way to go about introducing an incentive to play different areas. Maybe +50% (max) is too much.

Maybe there should only be a small 10-20% MF bonus on the final boss (or midway boss as well, like the Skeleton King) of the Act if you progress through the quests. And before anyone says it, yes I know: Blizzard doesn't want boss runs to be the end-all be-all of D3 and I completely agree. Wholeheartedly.

Maybe they could allow you to continue gaining XP at a VERY slow rate after 60 and allow you to "buy" say, an hour's worth of 10-20% extra MF for Y amount of XP. Quests give XP...you can see where I'm going with that. You wouldn't have to do the quests, but it would provide a small incentive.

Obviously we're all just going to have to wait and see. If Blizzard is able to balance things right and make every area of Inferno equally difficult and rewarding, GREAT! There will be no one more pleased than I. But, shrug, I have my doubts.

On a slightly different note, who else is looking forward to the Jar of Souls quest on Inferno?!? :) I finally hit a 100 kill Massacre on a monk just recently. Took me long enough.
    Chances are that all of Inferno will be hard enough that I doubt Blizzard would have a problem with it.
    Have you seen the loot tables for every mob and boss from first to last act in Inferno yet including drop rates? Yes they'll all be 61, but in my mind it pretty much goes without saying there will be added incentive for killing mobs and bosses with more complicated behavior and tactics in the later acts at the very least in the form of higher drop rates there. I will give Blizzard that much credit, that they will have thought about these things, though I may be mistaken and they may get it wrong.

We can't know until were up in there on Inferno. My bet is it will be fine though.
    As for both Blizzards and others concerns about what will be the endgame, in my mind it can easily be solved by proper loot table distribution. Divide the highly desired loot for all classes between both randoms/uniques as well as some bosses. I'm sure this is already the case though.
    I don't know if making later acts having an overall drop rate increase is something that Blizzard will consider. Blizzard has mentioned that they want people to not grind bosses and explore D3 to their heart's content, and giving a bonus to later acts will draw people to them rather than the whole game. Also I think that we'll have to see what Inferno is like and how drops work before saying that people will grind at "easy" parts.

Personally I'm not for it, I'd rather roam D3 as I want, not feel like I'm being penalized for not playing the last act.
    perhaps you should play inferno before trying to fix it
    How can you make the assumption that inferno runs will/might be easy ? Did you try it ?
    Quote from Drkclone

I am now confused. You say that easy Inferno runs are bad but you are rewarding those who do that? Blizzard has already stated that the Unique mobs have a higher drop rate in Inferno than the bosses. So no one is going to run through each Act like the past three difficulties. And these "bonuses" would just encourage those easy runs to do all four acts.

And I also trust Blizzard when they say Inferno is going to be hard. These easy runs will most likely happen, but it will be in a full game. The game will have four people who know how to play their class, they are separate roles, and they are most geared. With that in mind, these easy runs wont even exist until, at least, six months after release. And that is if Blizzard doesn't BUFF the Inferno monsters. My guess is when a character can easily run Inferno by themselves, Blizzard is going to buff Inferno to make them work harder.

No just NO. Blizzard wont buff inferno because ppls are able to solo it. Every content in an ARPG and also diablo is AND WILL BE soloable, even Blizzard said so.

This isnt a MMO ...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes