My Non Gamer Wife's first experiences with Diablo

My super hot fiance totally plays video games. But right now she's in another country. Aaand I don't think her laptop will run D3.
    I like this thread. You had me at vagina frogs.

My girlfriend is what I'd consider a non-gamer - shes good at guitar hero - nothing else... not even close. I think I'd rather wind up like Prometheus getting my entrails ripped out daily by a giant vulture than watch her play first person shooters.

That being said, she's shown a fairly genuine interest in this game. I think she's intrigued by the RMAH. We're both fairly practical people by default so if we can find a way to pass time while simultaneously offering a RL tangible benefit - hey, why not?

Well I'll be bringing her into the beta in about 3-4 days when she gets home from a family wedding - Here's to hoping it goes well - I'll need an inferno farming buddy! I'm hoping she can catch-on....

If WoW is any indication though then there's a good chance she's going to sit around in Public Chat channels and dance or flirt with the trolls if possible...
    Liquid Cooled Intel I7 2700k OC'd to 5.0ghz at a max pull of 1.44v ~ 19-21C Idle ~ 68C max under load.
    16GB G Skill Ram ~ 2x Mushkin 120GB SSD's ~ MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozer ~ Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    Quote from al15

Nice to hear. Wifey says she'll play with me but shes a non gamer and hasn't played anything like diablo before. Dunno if I wanna teach her though lol, don't have much patience but guess I'll try.

The Diablo Franchise isn't something I think that is terribly hard to pick up... one of those games thats pretty easy to be good at, but not so easy to be great at.
    Liquid Cooled Intel I7 2700k OC'd to 5.0ghz at a max pull of 1.44v ~ 19-21C Idle ~ 68C max under load.
    16GB G Skill Ram ~ 2x Mushkin 120GB SSD's ~ MSI GTX 570 Twin Frozer ~ Asus P8P67 Deluxe
    Thats awesome your wife has taken to D3 beta. Vagina frogs ftw!

My wife and I used to play WOW together and its always good to just do stuff like that together. If my D3 beta key hunting goes any good ill be giving my wife the option of having a go and (hopefully) she should give it a go. She might like the change from her Bigfish games but wow kinda burnt her out but i live in hope that the OP's points about difficulty and the new player user friendlyness might win her over.

Super Cop! He knows where you live, he knows where you sleep.
    HAHAHA, vagina frogs...fucking classic!! You must let her play more with a different class and see what else she says...then tell us so we can have a good laugh!
    I wish blizzard sold a 2 license pack for $99.99 instead of $119.98(59.99x2).

But to be honest... my wife is right... plague of toads makes the female witch doctor look like she is birthing 3 toads every cast.
    Quote from dmyles

LOL, Vagina frogs

exactly my reaction
    Also my super hot imaginary wife will love D3..
    Quote from Burzghash

Regardless, there's no good reason for forcing permanence on people..
    Quote from al15

Nice to hear. Wifey says she'll play with me but shes a non gamer and hasn't played anything like diablo before. Dunno if I wanna teach her though lol, don't have much patience but guess I'll try.

That's the biggest mistake everyone makes, trying to teach someone new how to play. Just let her do it herself, and just be there to amswer any questions she might have. Dont impose your play style to her, let her develop her own.
    Quote from Crysto37

Also my super hot imaginary wife will love D3..

Having a job and pretending you aren't a gamer will contribute to turning imaginary into real....

just bcareful... pretending can also turn a marriage into divorce lol
    Quote from yrrolock

Quote from al15

That's the biggest mistake everyone makes, trying to teach someone new how to play. Just let her do it herself, and just be there to amswer any questions she might have. Dont impose your play style to her, let her develop her own.

I made that mistake on other games... lol she got frustrated with my impatientce.... now im trying to teach her how to play on single player efore multiplaying with her. I can't rush ahead and kill everything if shes at the reigns.
    Vagina frogs... :D My wife said she would want to play with me and my friends, but lets see. She didn´t like at D2 when I killed almost every demon and run ahead all the time. :/ I´m just so impatient when I get excided...
    Still trying to lure my gf into the fiery embrace of diablo 3, but she hasnt quite taken the bait yet. Then again, her gaming preferences is limited to AoE2 and The sims 2. Would be awesome to have an inferno-farming buddy sleeping or not sleeping next to you every night.

Also cheer up for the vagina frogs, best of today by far!
    You must guide her back to the kitchen!

Go my friend, do it!

lololololol Vagina frogs
    Be careful what you wish for. After playing WoW for a year, I finally convinced my non-gamer wife to try WoW on a trial account. We had one PC at the time, and she has an obsessive compulsive type personality. What ended up happening was me watching over her shoulder as she rampaged through Redridge as my guild pleaded for me on vent to log on for the 40 man.

Thank god for the level 20 cap. "Congrats, honey! You beat the game!"
    You'll always remember your first time!! Hope it was all you ever dreamed it would be!!! LOL
    Haha, awesome :D Hope Diablo 3 opens up opportunities for other games as well :D
    I'm trying to find a way to bait my wife into D3. The best luck I have had getting her to play games more suited towards my interest was when she became addicted to Dragon Age: Origins. Although I think that was mostly because of that stupid Allistair character... I'm hoping the gameplay alone is enough to win her heart over. If it doesn't than oh well. She will be forced to play and work the RMAH if she is still unemployed by then!
    Haha I as well hope to get my lady (gf of 2 years) into diablo. She liked to watch wow. (hated watching sc2. I guess too much going on and boring to watch if you dont understand everything) she even played wow a bit (up to level 20 or so untill I cancelled my account). Also plays the sims. I think this will be the game to real her in.. she already thinks it looks really cool and wants to try playing. awwww yeahhh
    Quote from Sabvre

No i'll use the vagina frogs"

He he, that comment is sig material ;)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes