How safe is Diablo 3 ?

Hey everyone,

Since Diablo 3 will have real money AH, we might expect some problems with safety, especially if they implement money withdraw. WoW is nothing compared to this, this can and will attract a lot of attention to hackers, so i think that Blizzard will struggle to keep this safe. We all know that WoW was safe, but stakes weren't that high compared to D3.

So any opinions ?
    knowing that they added the Battle.net money balance, i think they will be able to take it safe. and as for battle.net account you still have the authenticator that you can add on your account ( going out off the fact that most people own a hardware authenticator or use the software authenticator for iphone and android and BB). so i think that safety isnt that much of a trouble in the Action house.
    All the transactions are done by Blizzard and through Blizzard. If hackers want something, they have to get it from Blizzard.

On your end, it is as safe as any other computer thing. Get yourself an authenticator.
    I think that their security will be pretty high. On the other hand I believe that people who use the RMAH should have an authenticator for further security mesures. I know Im certaintly going to use one :)
    Most People Are Completely Ignorant To The Microscopic World Around Them
    -Me
    I'm not thinking about account hacking, well that too, but still there are at least 10-20 hackers on the world that can hack almost everything, even more, but i think that blizzard calculated their loss before even announcing RMAH.
    yeah, if you're unsure, get an authenticator. If you don't have a credit card, you can also get them on amazon.
    If i were a wordl-elite-hacker, i would have hacked a bank or credit card company some time ago :)
    hehe, yeah :) well maybe they do, we don't know that, they wont tell anyone ofcourse :D
    Anyway, it will probably be safe for us, but for blizz, it can be pain the a** :)
    problem is that people already know how to dupe items in D3. No1 knows if blizz have fixed this problem or not. Ofc not taking into the account that some ppl got beta access just to test the system itself and find another exploits in D3 for duping... I have not seen any info from blizz that they have fixed this problem (dont think that blizz will even tank about this in open) I just hope they have fixed that.
    I think on the user-end it'll be safe. I am curious however, if this will put a spotlight on Blizzard. I don't think I have to remind everyone about the PSN hacker-induced outtage, or the more recent Steam intrusion. To date, I don't think Blizzard have had these problems and in my opinion it lends huge credit to their security staff.
    Quote from Pyra171

( going out off the fact that most people own a hardware authenticator or use the software authenticator for iphone and android and BB).

Link to fact. I believe this not to be true.
    Long live to see, it's only beta and people are trying to hack, what its gonna be when they realese d3, people will try to find as many exploits they can just to find a way to earn money, maybe not at the begging, but if they ever implement withdraw, that could be a problem.
    Quote from Stoolchin

I think on the user-end it'll be safe. I am curious however, if this will put a spotlight on Blizzard. I don't think I have to remind everyone about the PSN hacker-induced outtage, or the more recent Steam intrusion. To date, I don't think Blizzard have had these problems and in my opinion it lends huge credit to their security staff.

Yeah, you are right, but again WoW was nothing compared to this, I do know few people that can give you a monthly subscription for gold, something with refeeral system, i don't know how, but you can get as much as you can.
    And that is only WoW getting gold, selling it on sites for real money, yes it is some kind of a job, but this can be even more payable.
    I've gotten hacked 3 times in my wow career! then I got authenticator! Thank you authenticator :)

Grab it and you'll no need to worry ever again :)
    I doubt this is anything you will have to worry about. As long as you are responsible with your account details everything will be fine. If anything goes wrong on their end I am sure they will be insured in some way.

Let's just hope there isn't anyone out there with malicious intent anyway :D
    For Blizzard to implement a system of this scale would have taken considerable planning and a security system that's capable of handling all the issues that could arise. Does that mean it's 100% safe? No, no software ever is. That is why off the top of my head I'm sure there are smaller safe guards - such as how much money can be deposited and withdrawn each day?

Do not worry about the financial system, the likely hood of you personally getting attacked through Blizzard would be pretty slim. Making sure you safeguard yourself though through the use of an Anti-virus/firewall/watching what you download and sites you visit will also safe guard you against any possible intrusions.
    Quote from Kelji

For Blizzard to implement a system of this scale would have taken considerable planning and a security system that's capable of handling all the issues that could arise. Does that mean it's 100% safe? No, no software ever is. That is why off the top of my head I'm sure there are smaller safe guards - such as how much money can be deposited and withdrawn each day?

Do not worry about the financial system, the likely hood of you personally getting attacked through Blizzard would be pretty slim. Making sure you safeguard yourself though through the use of an Anti-virus/firewall/watching what you download and sites you visit will also safe guard you against any possible intrusions.

Well, they probably considered all security messures, after all they are developing this game for a long time. Btw i don't mean on end user getting hacked, i mean on servers getting hacked.
    As safe as blizzard can make it. If that is enough is still to be seen. Of course none of this is relevant if the user is incapable of keeping the most basic security protocols
    -------------------------------------------------------
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes