New Battle.net Mockup

These are fantastic and so much better than what bliz are going with at present.

I'd choose V1 for it's diablo 2 feel or V4 for a contemporary Diablo feel. ;)

GJ
    This looks excellent! I've seen similar fan-made changes to SC2 UI and I belive it was sent to Blizz, however no changes have been made (as we can see in SC2). But send it, maybe you'll get lucky. @ v. 2.0 -> I'd change the size of buttons on the right side, they seem to big for me.

Edit : Fixed typos
    V4. Nailed it.

I like... thanks for the effort
    Me- Can haz beta key?
    Mod- NO NOOB BAHAHAHAHA! *goes to play beta*
    Me- /wrists
    I'm little bit torn between Ver. 3 & 4. Both have pros and cons, mostly doing with placement of certain elements. I.e. I prefer "skull of Diablo" at top instead of bottom. Either way both of those mockups are absolutely stunning and "must have" content for D3 :)
    Quote from OneTwoSC

Did you see Bashiok's post though? It's disheartening. I don't even play SC2 anymore, very likely related to Bnet's fault. It also means I don't recommend it to friends, like I did with War3 or WoW or D2 etc...

They are concerned with getting it out... that doesn't sound like Blizz. (Though gameplay wise it is ready...)

Yeah, but like I said, as long as we don't forget about this and keep it one of the "most wanted" post-launch features, I'm sure they'll work on it, specially if people who usually don't care about chat channels start enjoying them and finding useful information while chatting with others. I'll make sure to work on that.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Quote from OneTwoSC

Did you see Bashiok's post though? It's disheartening. I don't even play SC2 anymore, very likely related to Bnet's fault. It also means I don't recommend it to friends, like I did with War3 or WoW or D2 etc...

They are concerned with getting it out... that doesn't sound like Blizz. (Though gameplay wise it is ready...)

Yeah, but like I said, as long as we don't forget about this and keep it one of the "most wanted" post-launch features, I'm sure they'll work on it, specially if people who usually don't care about chat channels start enjoying them and finding useful information while chatting with others. I'll make sure to work on that.

Yeah for sure!

You know, I've said lots of times that it's actually the public game system that's more at fault, because auto-join means you have no idea what level players are in the game (other than min/max required), or how long it has already been running. On top of this, can't do things like "Join for Free Items!" if you have some to give away, or even other interesting non-quest reasons to host games. Basically we're taken out of the equation, and forced into a machine. It's quick, yes, but it's random. Luckily we have SOME form of chat channels now, so that we could do things like I mentioned, though you'd have to invite people to your games or whatnot...

But yeah, chat is easier to get people active into supporting, rather than my rant about the public game system...
    SC2 Editor Tutorials: OnetwoSC
    D3 Channel: OnetwoD3
    Really need to push this on blizzard, its infinitely better than what blizzard currently has.
    Quote from lekzor

Really need to push this on blizzard, its infinitely better than what blizzard currently has.

It is, but they don't give a fuck, quite simply.
    Quote from SFJake

Quote from lekzor

It is, but they don't give a fuck, quite simply.

Im sure they do, its their game afterall, anything that makes it better is going to be advantageous to them, just need to let them know about it, should post it on the main news page to let more people see it and know how awesome it is.
    wow. That looks great. Resembles the old Bnet interface which is a good thing in this specific case :D
    A hundred thousand worlds, ten hundred thousand wars. There is no respite, there is nowhere to hide. Across the galaxy there is only war.
    Nice one, I really like it!!! I have not tried the current interface myself, and chat is not that important to me. However I must admit I would rather be welcomed with what you have cooked up - instead of the current bnet interface.

Good job!
    Nice job on V.4! Glad I suggested it, works very well! :) The top bar with the game creation buttons alone makes it look a lot better than before too, and you found something relevant and chat-like to place on the right side and everything fits!

However, the skull seems to be a difficult element to include. Looks better in the bottom bar to me, but dividing 2 rows of characters looks a bit funny.

Quote from OneTwoSC

Yeah I was going to quote what he said:

We understand the requests, and have seen some of the creative suggestions, but we're in the home stretch and aren't looking to delay the release of the game further. Honestly speaking only a small portion of players will care if the chat channels are like they are, or if they're more like the huge screen-dominating feature in D2.

This probably means they did get to look at your stuff, right? :) All I care is that they're somehow aware, can't complain about what he said. It does sound like Blizzard, when they're trying to get the game out and have commitments to honor. :) We'll have more than enough time to insist on it after release. I'm sure you also would rather play the game than keep making successive mockup suggestions after each chat channel iteration that they could put out. ;)
    Quote from Nunc

Nice job on V.4! Glad I suggested it, works very well! :) The top bar with the game creation buttons alone makes it look a lot better than before too, and you found something relevant and chat-like to place on the right side and everything fits!

However, the skull seems to be a difficult element to include. Looks better in the bottom bar to me, but dividing 2 rows of characters looks a bit funny.

Quote from OneTwoSC

Yeah I was going to quote what he said:

We understand the requests, and have seen some of the creative suggestions, but we're in the home stretch and aren't looking to delay the release of the game further. Honestly speaking only a small portion of players will care if the chat channels are like they are, or if they're more like the huge screen-dominating feature in D2.

This probably means they did get to look at your stuff, right? :) All I care is that they're somehow aware, can't complain about what he said. It does sound like Blizzard, when they're trying to get the game out and have commitments to honor. :) We'll have more than enough time to insist on it after release. I'm sure you also would rather play the game than keep making successive mockup suggestions after each chat channel iteration that they could put out. ;)

Yeah I really wanted the cool Diablo head, but I think it did look better up top (though the top bar in V3 was gigantic lol)... and yeah I guess it is strange that it cuts up the avatars into 2 sides.

And yep I'm sure they saw it. They have to make sure links are not phishing and crap at a minimum. Well, let's hope the RMAH drives their team to keep iterating rather than calling it quits until an expac comes out. I don't want to see what happened with SC2 happen here. I wish I didn't have to get angry lol.
    I like V.3 and V.4 a lot. V.3 leaves more space open and looks cool. V.4 Just simply looks amazing. Hope it ends up looking like that.
    What is this thing called "real life?" Is that some sort of expansion pack?
    this is really awesome. blizzard, you should listen to your fans sometimes and implement their ideas. I mean, you're making the game for the fans, right?
    Looks great! V3.0 Is my favorite so far. Is seems the least cluttered to me.
    >Winning
    wow this looks amazing
    Quote from Eternox

Looks great! V3.0 Is my favorite so far. Is seems the least cluttered to me.

I like it too, I just wish I didn't make it so top-bar heavy, looking back now.
    Howdy all, just wanted to Register and post to say i agree this work looks better, like alot better.

Would prefer to have something like you have designed then the current system, as what u have done enables the feeling of community, and lets not forget the look at me im awsome factor in chat.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes