New Battle.net Mockup

Quote from Nunc

Well, what other options would there be for character at center?

If you make the game buttons proportionate enough with the space you use for chat (you can take up all vertical space, no problem), they might blend naturally enough. I think less backgrounds/panels fit better with the vivid landscape - the more you show of it the better, so some gaps between buttons would help the chat interface to "breathe". And it would also compare better to the game buttons. I just like that idea and would like to see you make it work! :)

Did you get any inspiration from the new banner customization screen yet? It also has banner on center now and looks pretty decent.

Yeah definitely valid points. I need some time away from it to get a stronger vision.

And no I haven't seen it I think?
    SC2 Editor Tutorials: OnetwoSC
    D3 Channel: OnetwoD3
    Here:

And profile:

I mentioned "inspiration" for a reason, maybe something about the layout and placement helps you organize things more logically.

Also, if you look at the banner screen and how it goes all the way up on the left: that could be chat. And how the line art on the center right is (the lines above and under the box): that could be where the similar art for the quest would be (with the other buttons underneath or between them).
    Hmm thanks for the images. I'll definitely think about what could be done...
    Wow, this is amazing..

thumbsup :o

If you don't have a beta key yet, hope you get thrown one for the effort! :D
    Quote from Nunc

Well, what other options would there be for character at center?

If you make the game buttons proportionate enough with the space you use for chat (you can take up all vertical space, no problem), they might blend naturally enough. I think less backgrounds/panels fit better with the vivid landscape - the more you show of it the better, so some gaps between buttons would help the chat interface to "breathe". And it would also compare better to the game buttons. I just like that idea and would like to see you make it work! :)

Did you get any inspiration from the new banner customization screen yet? It also has banner on center now and looks pretty decent.

Also I wanted to agree with this about 'breathing'. I may or may not try and do V4, either under the goal of more landscape or the complete opposite (ie more like D2) using your banner suggestion.

The thing about Blizz's current design is that it's very easy to make programmatically. Every button and view is anchored so if someone is running 2560x1600 or 1024x768 it doesn't matter because every button and view and frame anchors to adapt. My designs are less conducive to that, but anything can be done with money and time :D
    Quote from OneTwoSC
    Also I wanted to agree with this about 'breathing'. I may or may not try and do V4, either under the goal of more landscape or the complete opposite (ie more like D2) using your banner suggestion.

The thing about Blizz's current design is that it's very easy to make programmatically. Every button and view is anchored so if someone is running 2560x1600 or 1024x768 it doesn't matter because every button and view and frame anchors to adapt. My designs are less conducive to that, but anything can be done with money and time :D

Hope to see something like this next, then! :)

Hehe you do deserve to get paid for this, otherwise you'll have to find the time! Each time you try, the more enticing ideas get sent to Blizzard or at least make the community demand for more now that they actually see what it could be like! :P

Quote from Mccormick

If you don't have a beta key yet, hope you get thrown one for the effort! :D

He does have one, check his YT channel. :) I'm still dry...
    WOW, now this is amazin
    Version 4:
    By all that is holy, that V4 is downright awesome.
    You may be laughing at me because i'm different,
    but i'm laughing at you because you're all the same.
    Please place the chat gem as a black soulstone in bottom screens Diablo forehead.
    This is just awesome. Pure awesomeness! This should have been the battle.net 2.0 look!
    Quote from atumre

Please place the chat gem as a black soulstone in bottom screens Diablo forehead.

I actually tried but it was kind of strange with his glowing eyes AND the gem there... too much going on.
    you just won op
    V4 is amazing, they better hire you as a layout designer. No need to do all the artwork, you command the arty workers how YOU want it to look! Cause mate you have the best ideas ever
    I think your work is very well done, but I must admit I don't like it :( Your mockup looks like diablo 2. I want something new, and the way it is right now is very simple and clean.
    suggestion : make a POLL :)
    Mother of god O_O those last few versions are good :Thumbs Up:

In the light of more recent news, some might be discouraged that this is possible, but if you support this, don't let the idea die and the developers forget it (specially in their official forums). That's what the SC2 community did, and they got their chat channels.
    v4 looks awesome.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Mother of god O_O those last few versions are good :Thumbs Up:

In the light of more recent news, some might be discouraged that this is possible, but if you support this, don't let the idea die and the developers forget it (specially in their official forums). That's what the SC2 community did, and they got their chat channels.

Did you see Bashiok's post though? It's disheartening. I don't even play SC2 anymore, very likely related to Bnet's fault. It also means I don't recommend it to friends, like I did with War3 or WoW or D2 etc...

They are concerned with getting it out... that doesn't sound like Blizz. (Though gameplay wise it is ready...)
    v4 just kicks ass! :Thumbs Up:

what happened to blizzard's creactivity?

did you know that n.net2 ui lead designer-director was an ex xbos360 designer, and has no sense of pc ui!?
    dont put concol guys to lead pc developers! you suck is reeults!

blizzard wake up!
    No More Auction House!
    My faith is restored to them :Thumbs Up:
    Now just give us and a offline mode like sc2 B)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes