New Battle.net Mockup

What, no more Gem?? :D
    SEND IT TO BLIZZ MAKE A FORUM POST ON D3 GET THIS OUT THERE!!! THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!! Anythings better than whats there!! PLEASESZZEEE
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

Quote from drafty

What, no more Gem?? :D

I was thinking about it but it took long enough to do this... let Blizzard add it lol.
    SC2 Editor Tutorials: OnetwoSC
    D3 Channel: OnetwoD3
    Quote from DesmondTiny

SEND IT TO BLIZZ MAKE A FORUM POST ON D3 GET THIS OUT THERE!!! THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!! Anythings better than whats there!! PLEASESZZEEE

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4081810708?page=1
    Quote from Deadlust

Quote from DesmondTiny

http://us.battle.net...81810708?page=1

Hey I sent you a PM too, the link goes to the wrong post in this thread.
    SC2 Editor Tutorials: OnetwoSC
    D3 Channel: OnetwoD3
    Very nice, props to you. All I would add is that this screen should be what appears after you hit the "PUBLIC CHAT" button on the default screen. The screen when you first log in should remain as it is now as this screen looks very intimidating to a new/casual user and many people don't want to see public chat ever and they shouldn't have to.

But yeah, great work, I hope Blizz implements something like this.
    Let's talk about monks...
    not gonna happen...
    for some strange reason blizzard loves bad chat design, just ask the sc2 community ;/
    That's the kind of chat system I was hoping to see in this game, except seeing the chat windows on the right side.
    This is so legit.... good work.
    I like it! But I don't think the Battlenet feed is necessary. I'm thinking all that info can be displayed when you enter the chatroom, like it did back in the day.

Really great job man!
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    You did some good work there :o Really like it.

And I am with you, the diablo battle.net menu could get some.. tweaks, I really think its extremely bland as it is now.

And a small question in between, does anyone know if your first character pick will be Diablo 2 style? As in clicking one of the characters at the camp fire? Because I know for about 1.5 years ago when they showed the first 3 classes, it was like that. and so far in the beta I've only seen the 'bland' select from menu thingy.

But yeah, nice work mate!
    If you know anything about online chatting, a prominent chat window like this will never, ever happen - especially an unmoderated chat window. Oh the horrors.
    This post alone led me to create a acct on Diablofans just to say.. you NAIL IT! Love the idea that this would be the screen everyone boots into. Would love everyone booting into a general chat and going to other channels as they desire.

The look of the chat is spot on and hits on about everything I hear people like.

Great Job.. now hopefully Blizzard will listen.
    This looks amazing!

Saw this linked from the official forums and I felt compelled to come here and show my support. Great job mocking this up...it looks fantastic and would be a welcomed improvement to the antiquated chat system we've been shown in the current patch. I sincerely hope Blizz sees this and takes notice to how much it would be appreciated.
    I like it a lot, however it looks a bit cluttered with stuff. Maybe expand the chat aspect and have navigational tabs that take over your screen with the various thing like stats, or w/e and you can switch between the tabs. So everything is organized and on each screen your only focused on one thing. You know what I mean? Like the chat window is mainly focused on the chat aspect, can see peoples characters, expanded friends list, etc.

Somewhere are some tabs with things like stats, etc and you click on one and instead of the chat window you bring up the stats screen where the chat screen is no longer visable, all that is shown is the stats screen. You click on the chat tab and it brings you back to the chat screen. Anything that makes it less cluttered up would be great, still awesome work though.
    simply amazing
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Looks awesome! Better then what they have now!
    Great stuff, better than status quo.
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes