New Battle.net Mockup

Quote from overneathe

It is quite popular on Battle.net. :)

It even has a blue reply in it: http://us.battle.net...244?page=21#412

Excellent. Fingers crossed that it keeps popping up from time to time to remind them that it's there. While there are things that are nice to be improved on from D2, this interface is not one of them. Bring it back!
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    +100 Internets
    I still fail to see how this would improve the game. So you see 50 games called act 3 alkaizer run and 50 games called "watch me poop" and "goldselling.com". How does that make things any better?

The chat thing is "ok" but why on earth would you want to see other peoples characters?
    Quote from Melt

I still fail to see how this would improve the game. So you see 50 games called act 3 alkaizer run and 50 games called "watch me poop" and "goldselling.com". How does that make things any better?

The chat thing is "ok" but why on earth would you want to see other peoples characters?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you did not play D2.
    Seeing other people's characters is awesome. Adds a lot to the whole community.

You say named games don't make things better? Then envision this situation: none of your friends are online. You wanna do some MP key runs, so you join a public game at whatever MP you desire. First game, it's just general farming (not what you want); the second one, same thing; third one, a couple of dudes are fucking about and the other one's AFK.
    You really don't see how named games would help you in this situation?
    Quote from maka

Quote from Melt

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that you did not play D2.
    Seeing other people's characters is awesome. Adds a lot to the whole community.

You say named games don't make things better? Then envision this situation: none of your friends are online. You wanna do some MP key runs, so you join a public game at whatever MP you desire. First game, it's just general farming (not what you want); the second one, same thing; third one, a couple of dudes are fucking about and the other one's AFK.
    You really don't see how named games would help you in this situation?

I did play D2. If you want to see other people's items (whatever your motivation might be) inspect their characters... Why would you waste that space with models of people's characters? There is a reason why it seems so dumped down. That's because it is sooo much more appealing and RPG (= Roleplay as many people seem to forget) than epeening each other as soon as you log in. Or are you one of those that were sad because there were no "armlength" and "boobsize" regulators during character creation?

Imagine this scenario: All of your friends are offline and you want to make keyruns. You start searching for games but 95% of those games are called "allkaizer run 365", "duelling", "derp derp penis" or "Just afking". The one game you do find has an undergeared idiot that wants you to give him items and so you just log of disappointed.

How to make it better? You type in the allchat: Wanna have some fun doing Keyruns at Mp5!! You chose 3 people that reply and bäm you are in it. And guess what?! That system is already in the game!! I agree when you say it needs improvements but go and take a look at the bnet changes of Heart of the swarm. Clans and groups are likely to come to diablo as well.

To me it just seems people are 45+ years old and scared to adapt to new technology. Instead of asking themselves why that shit got outdated they just want it back, because new = evil!
    This is exactly what D3 NEED to make the game more social. D1 and D2 had it and it gave a lot of overlooked (by the dev) benefit to the game.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes