Wtf... just take more away from us

Quote from KageKaze

Quote from jrc1337

im saying everyone gets the same thing. everyone picks from the same thing. everyone will be pro. i would rather people find runes that are different level so that you need to farm inferno for high lvl runes instead of BOOM lvl 30 i get max level rune woot

So wait... If everyone gets the same thing, then the person who wins would be the one with the better skill or better team, right? Isn't that the whole point of playing against other players? Why should one piece of loot based on 100% luck make or break a player? Also, there's still tons of gear out there to get that can help make or break a build, not to mention just because everyone can CHOOSE from the same thing doesn't mean they WILL be the same thing.

Coming from a competitive background, I can tell you I would much rather win knowing it was my ability rather than a some artifact I found.

Totally. In terms of PvP I much prefer Guild Wars style to WoW. Based on skill rather than gear.
    I dont get it. The game is a sequel. A SEQUEL. Meaning, it's not the same game. Of course they are going to change major things. Go play D2 if you're still stuck on it
    insted of some stuff, you farm for other stuff now. I don't really get why this is a big deal.

Also, why is it dumbed down? Farming stuff was intelectually challenging?

and what does "Mfing" mean? xD
    They should make the runes unlockable with the use!
    I mean, the more you use a skill against monster the more "skill points" you get. When you have gathered enough of theese skill points you can unlock one rune!
    In this way is too much easy playing with all the skill free...

*hits things with axe*
    Your axe skill has increased to 2!
    *hits again*
    Your axe skill has increased to 3!

Where do I remember this from...

Mfing = mother fucking

But I think they meant magic finding ;o
    Quote from dense111

insted of some stuff, you farm for other stuff now. I don't really get why this is a big deal.

Also, why is it dumbed down? Farming stuff was intelectually challenging?

sorry- Mfing is magic finding. pretty much exploring for items
    Quote from Veggie50

They should make the runes unlockable with the use!
    I mean, the more you use a skill against monster the more "skill points" you get. When you have gathered enough of theese skill points you can unlock one rune!
    In this way is too much easy playing with all the skill free...

*hits things with axe*
    Your axe skill has increased to 2!
    *hits again*
    Your axe skill has increased to 3!

Where do I remember this from...
    LOL
    Sometimes simple is better, this is one of those times.
    The question isn't why do I kill. The question is, why I don't kill everybody.
    Quote from jrc1337

i think the new skill change and runes are BULL. they are DUMBING THE GAME DOWN just to release it? thats stupid imo. first off they took out the thing that everyone loved in diablo2, MF'ing for runes ( also jewels) and ways to be unique. i loved the idea to MF like crazy to get different level runes to make you stronger and better in PVP. Now they are GIVING YOU ALL THE RUNES!? thats pretty stupid. they are taking everything out to make yourself unique. so now if im a max level barb PVPing the ONLY thing that makes me different from another max level barb is the gear? one thing changes us? everything is given to you now, no thinking required. just make the game rated 5 and up. Also not to mention they can just buy the gear from the AH now. so wheres all the customization going? maybe patch 14 they will let us buy legendary items for gold to make us all the same.
    sorry for rant >

I think You missed point... They try to make all skills usefull so there will be tons of different build and all of them will be great and unique.. I think the idea is great but we will see if they can handle it coz probably no one could do that before in any other game :)
    ps. Sorry for my bad english, it's just not my native language.
    I'll be honest, I got bored of doing MF boss runs after awhile. It was fun in short bursts but had so many issues. Especially back when anyone could pick up the loot, so many good items lost that way.

I like the new system where I can choose where I want to go once inferno hits. I also like that if I have a build I want to make and test, I don't have to spend hours trying to find the right rune just to find out it's not really what I wanted and have to start all over again.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    I just realised these posts are waaaay more interesting to read if I read "mf" as "motherfucking" ^^

"I love mf'ing"
    "Mf boss runs"
    "everyone who hates mf'ing is noob"

=P
    That system makes sense to me. You can argue it's too much like wow if you want but I'd also like to hear why it'd be a bad thing. Wow did a great many things right, despite its many flaws.

To elaborate, what if you had to spend a bunch of time using a skill with a rune to rank it up 1-5 or 1-7. If you don't use it, it doesn't progress. All runes unlock at the same time per individual skill, instead of one every 5 levels. It would take some thought/planning if you didn't want to waste time, though I expect over time all the skill runes would be maxed out anyways.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    I dont think Blizzard is taking away anything. If there taking anything aways its actually the HASSLE. You no longer have to waste countless hours farming mobs to get RANK 7 of X RUNE. Imagine the drop rate is low and every drop will always be the rune you didnt want. Your only other option is going to be the RMAH (no-one will sell it on the gold ah when you can make real cash) and demand will be so high that costs will be high to. So its actually a real benefit to be able to play the game to the maximum, since skills are instrumental to the game.
    Does anyone else find it funny that people are complaining about things being taken away from them? Especially since they never had it to begin with, all the things that we datamined were never meant to be seen, hell most of the beta was never meant to be seen..Blizzard is doing something wierd this time by giving so much detail.
    I just want a little bit of tenderness :(

I'm fairly positive blizzard will think twice before revealing their train of thought/progress for the changes they make to a game that hasn't even been released in the future.
    *sings a tail of promisses and percieved loss of selfentitled brats* :D
    Yeah, it was a lot better when you literally had to find all 4200 runes.

That's worse than pokemon. Pokemon at least have a good chance to spawn in certain places. 4200 runes would take months of nonstop grinding.
    Quote from Veggie50

*sings a tail of promisses and percieved loss of selfentitled brats* :D

*stays awhile and listens*
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    Quote from jrc1337

i think the new skill change and runes are BULL. they are DUMBING THE GAME DOWN just to release it? thats stupid imo. first off they took out the thing that everyone loved in diablo2, MF'ing for runes ( also jewels) and ways to be unique. i loved the idea to MF like crazy to get different level runes to make you stronger and better in PVP. Now they are GIVING YOU ALL THE RUNES!? thats pretty stupid. they are taking everything out to make yourself unique. so now if im a max level barb PVPing the ONLY thing that makes me different from another max level barb is the gear? one thing changes us? everything is given to you now, no thinking required. just make the game rated 5 and up. Also not to mention they can just buy the gear from the AH now. so wheres all the customization going? maybe patch 14 they will let us buy legendary items for gold to make us all the same.
    sorry for rant >

You are also two different human beings playing the game. I cant really tell that I had to think extra in diablo 2 just be cause the runes dropped from monsters. Did you?
    The AH is just a way to have some controll of the market over items. Hopefully there will be less sites that selles items due to it. I'd say, I rather have it in game than out side of the game. We will all be unqiue in one way or another.

Cant say that anyone was unique in diablo 2.
    And dont give me that "but we had more spells and could pick around as we like" Crap. NO, noone ever used hydra anyway? There was ALOT of spells in diablo 2 that never was used. Waste of spells I say!
    SoEasy#2174
    Runes were items in diablo 2. One of the founding concepts of diablo 3 is that runestones change the way skills work, skills which you have to choose over others to use, thus the customization system. This is the new "skill tree". They got stuck on the idea of runes being items because they were used as items in diablo 2 and they wanted to launch d3 and claim they had many more item types than d2's launch.

This tells me they want to have more items in the game, but want to get the core systems correct instead of wasting time trying to make something that shouldn't be in the game work. Keep in mind d3 will have two expansions and will have a team working on patches. I expect to see more item types (among other selling points) at that point in time.
    You know that's amuses me? How some players tell me that they played Diablo 2 for years, just solely based on the fact that they somehow loved MF runs and the grind.

You know what I think Diablo 2 boiled down to? Baal Runs. That's basically it. You farmed the end of Act 5 for exp and farmed certain bosses for gear, just to progress to the next difficulty. But, oh wait, once you got to Act 5 Hell, you basically just did more Baal runs. Ok, so later on you had Uber Diablo and all of that, but that's about it?

Still, I enjoyed Diablo 2, because it improved upon an already awesome game, a.k.a. Diablo 1. I also enjoyed it because it was really a god damned game design success and also a game with great artistic direction and great music as well. Of course, I also loved it for the story, even though it didn't have a bit of a cliff hanger ending. Blizzard had a great way of having enjoyable cliff hanger endings. If you don't agree with me that Diablo 2 was just plain better than any of the PC games back then, you are daft. Diablo 2 still holds itself as the king of the genre over 10 years later.

I didn't enjoy Diablo 2 because of the Baal run end-game. I enjoyed it because I had fun making multiple characters and trying new things, seeing if they were viable or not.

To all of those people that tell me that they enjoyed Diablo 2 because of the MF grind, you're probably going to love Diablo 3. You're going to enjoy it, because you seem to enjoy any games with grind and lack of quality content supplemented with actual replayability. Even if Diablo 3 sucks, you're still going to like it as long as Blizzard patches more items for you to grind for! It's a win/win for you!
    Some people tell me I'm going to hell. I just let them know that I've already packed my bags!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes