Are you planning on making lots of money?

I know many people are planning on "getting rich" selling items in D3. Which personally I think is ridiculous.

Are you one of these people?

How will you feel, after grinding inferno for a month and not finding anything of value?
    Personally, i will not, because i'll not be buying the game on release (will wait price to drops a little and see the rewieves) but i know a group of people who are preparing for that, and will hire programmers to do bots for them, depending if it's worth it.
    well i know it can be done when d2 first i had a friend that paid for a full pond and deck in his back yard by selling items on ebay and such. When it first came out all item were worth something to somebody and i feel the same for d3 cuse all items in d3 will have random properties making them that much more unique. blizz has done some changes to kind of push you back from being able to get great items at the beginning of the game like no pages of training until nightmare so you cannot craft at the beginning of the game and taking out breaking down white items to also slow the process down. i still think theres money to be made it will just take longer. Remember this is a game and everyone whats the best gear and well they will buy it if they have to.
    I for one will not be using the RMAH. The whole notion of spending real money to obtain virtual stuff is beyond my understanding. Seems like a lot of people will use it tough, and therefore the prices will stay low, so nobody will get rich selling stuff. Only ones getting rich will be Activision shareholders ;)
    Quote from Knapper3

well i know it can be done when d2 first i had a friend that paid for a full pond and deck in his back yard by selling items on ebay and such. When it first came out all item were worth something to somebody and i feel the same for d3 cuse all items in d3 will have random properties making them that much more unique. blizz has done some changes to kind of push you back from being able to get great items at the beginning of the game like no pages of training until nightmare so you cannot craft at the beginning of the game and taking out breaking down white items to also slow the process down. i still think theres money to be made it will just take longer. Remember this is a game and everyone whats the best gear and well they will buy it if they have to.

You can craft at the beginning of the game.
    I've seen how people can drop tons of money into Facebook tokens for less of a game because they can afford it and don't mind. If someone has the will to farm like mad for items, someone out there will be lazy and rich enough to buy it. I can only hope that I get lucky enough to sell a few items :)

I'm quite realistic though and expect the amount I can make from the RMAH will be minimal. If I can pay off the cost of the CE over the first 6 months of having the game I'll be very surprised (and very happy :D)
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    My thought is that it would be fun to earn back the money that you spent on the game eventually, or make enough to buy new expantions for it. Not sure how easy it would be, my guess is that most of us cannot pull it off, but it wont stop me from trying.
    i didnt mean that you cannot craft at the beginning you can but you can upgrade them until nightmare and the item you can craft at the beginning arnt going to be worth any value thats all
    Quote from Turh4ke

I for one will not be using the RMAH. The whole notion of spending real money to obtain virtual stuff is beyond my understanding. Seems like a lot of people will use it tough, and therefore the prices will stay low, so nobody will get rich selling stuff. Only ones getting rich will be Activision shareholders ;)

Ya...while the notion of getting "rich" may not be there...there's def a chance to make money each week, especially during the first...say 3 months or so. The fact that people will buy in game currency and gear has already been proved from past games (WoW and D2). Once I hit nightmare, I'm confident I can make 20-40/week from only 3-4 hours a day. It's simple economics.
    Quote from arnoldr45

I know many people are planning on "getting rich" selling items in D3. Which personally I think is ridiculous.

Are you one of these people?

How will you feel, after grinding inferno for a month and not finding anything of value?

Depends on how you define rich. I'm assuming your talking about the rmah. One could consider themselve succesfull (rich) after having sold 200$ worth of items while others wont be happy till they've collected no less then 2000$.

I for one will most likely not be using the rmah that much. We'll have to see how the playerdriven market will be like after release. If many ppl are selling on rmah but no ones buying, then it will be useless to post up items for sale in there. And posting items in the Gah will not give you any real money, it will make your 'rich' in a sense of 'ingame rich' (after all, if your a lvl60 with noob gear and you encounter another player who has all the best items ingame en one million gold, you would probably consider him to be rich ingame.

in short, im curious how the gah and rmah are going to be balanced by the player base. We'll see...
    Playing 8 hours a day will net a nice amount of items, but only people in eastern europe and asia who make fake account on EU/US servers will make anything of it, trying to match the prices they can put up while still making a living, will be impossible for us if we want to "get rich" :D
    I think that it is going to be pretty hard for a person to get rich with the game. Maybe a couple of people will make a bit more but for the most part we'll be making pocket change. The reason for this is most people want to sell and not buy, unless we have some really rich, lazy and slightly stupid rich people buying at exorbitant prices don't expect much.

Personally I won't be putting any money into the system. If I do find an item that will sell and I have a decent kit already I will put it up and then use those proceeds to maybe buy something.

I've got a feeling most people will be going about it this way.
    Nope. I'm not planning on using the RMAH at all actually. Maybe not even the gold one (I'll probably use it a little.. Or a lot..) I prefer grinding items as it gives me more out of the game. :P It's much more satisfying to find a really great weapon than buying it for gold, or real money. Gives me no satisfaction at all, kinda feels like buying a high level character. Conclusion: I don't like auction houses, I like grinding. :D
    US and EU "farmers" will be competing with "farmers" from poorer countries like in Asia or other places - this will drop the prices to almost "worthless" for US and EU players.
    No I have no delusions about making any sort of real income from the game. I'm planning on just treating real cash like SoJs used to be in D2, I'll use the money I can make from stuff I don't need to trade for other items that I am interested in.
    I'm willing to bet the first person to the top or max's MF will be making a more than pocket change :)
    I'm not planning to make money. If I make some money in game I'll spend it on items that I need, unlike the items I sold. Having a job is a good enough source of income.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    I'm just gonna enjoy the game. That means I play hardcore too :)

Also no RMAH in HC, besides I just wanna have fun in the game and randomly sell stuff that I don't need.
    Diablo 3 Hardcore: 60 Demon Hunter 60(7) Barb
    RIP:50 Demon Hunter 60 (5) Barb
    Quote from SantasNotReal

Quote from Turh4ke

Ya...while the notion of getting "rich" may not be there...there's def a chance to make money each week, especially during the first...say 3 months or so. The fact that people will buy in game currency and gear has already been proved from past games (WoW and D2). Once I hit nightmare, I'm confident I can make 20-40/week from only 3-4 hours a day. It's simple economics.

How can everyone make money each week, thats economically if not mathematically impossible as someone will have to buy the stuff so they wont be making money..
    I see no reason to not constantly have 10 auctions up, as there is no listing fee. If it all sells, awesome! If nothing sells, no harm done.

I'd love to eventually make the money I paid for the game back. That's honestly my only goal.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes