Name In Game!

Babarian (Male) - HUNK
    Monk (Female) - Tifa
    Wizard (F) - Alexstrasza
    Demon Hunter (M) - Illidan
    Witch Doctor (M) - VonLikiTiki
    The name of my chars is info on a need to know basis. And you don't need to know...

One cannot simply judge the archangel of justice.....
    Quote from ApeironPrime

The name of my chars is info on a need to know basis. And you don't need to know...

All right then, we didn't ask for it. You should feel free to reply if you'd like.
    Keep on posting awesome names!
    Barb - Cleaveland/CleaveItch

DH - Hawkeye_Pierce/Trapper_John

Monk - Yonnie_Den

WD - DrGuano

Wizard - Izzard/Wanda
    "What else do you do with dark and sinister forces but play with them?"
    Barb (male): Wunderbarb or Barbmitzvah (havent decided yet)...or if im feeling less funny, something like Agravayne
    Monk (male): Funk or Punk
    Witch Doctor (male): Bennylava, Obama or Bob
    Wizard (female): November or Izzy (named after d2 sorc Isabel
    Demon hunter (female): Scarlet (and then trying to dye atleast one item red...just like when ur wearing that DH excl armor that gives the nice red cape
    Cicela - Female Wizard, a name that I randomed in WoW when I first started playing on vanilla launch day, and have used for female spell casters ever since in any RPG

Saljen - Male Monk, my gamer tag in most everything

Those are the first two characters I'll make, and I tend to make few characters very well instead of many characters not so well, so these two will last me a long while I think. I'll likely build a Demon Hunter next, but no idea what I'll name her yet (likely female, because they look soo much cooler than male DH's)
    So here we are, one week, 7 days, 168 hours left untill we will begin our journey in the sanctum of Diablo III.
    So one last post with the names untill this post will be locked.

Keep on spamming with your great names!
    WhaleJizz - Barbarian
    SealJizz - Witch doctor
    JizzLobster - Wizard

That's all I plan to play.
    My main character will be a male Demon Hunter named Lazarus.

I've used that name (mostly on Blizzard games) for several years now. I used to go by Lazarus@USEast on Battle.net but my account expired while I was in jail. Now someone else has that name, but I don't really care.

Yes, I named myself after Archbishop Lazarus from the original Diablo.
    Jurassic World – 2015
    i recently thought of new names for my characters, since its one-word names only. so my new list will be (in order of being played first):

mo - male - Belukha / Garmuth (haven't decided yet)
    wd - female - Umajh
    dh - female - Zharu
    wi - female - Syr
    ba - male - Yudrig
    Planing on giving away a free key of "Retail game" When it comes out, for the one with the greatest in game name! :)
    Kisara >>> Wizard
    Kasai >>> Demon Hunter
    Sakai >>> Monk
    Amaya >>> Wizard
    or
    Vampiric Amaya - My IGN for Guild Wars >>> Witch Doctor
    Sure thing! When Diablo III launches, your character name will be visible to you in a variety of locations including the character selection screen and game menu. For other players, your character's name will only appear within your player profile, as hover text the friends list, and when your character participates in quest dialog. In every other context, your BattleTag will be shown.

Also, just to clarify, your BattleTag identifier (the numbers appended to the end of your BattleTag nickname) will only be visible in the "Add Friend" dialog and on a player's profile page. When you're just playing normally in a group, your BattleTag nickname should display

So Bashiok basically lied then?
    No, but we did miscommunicate, and that's our bad.

To help clear up that confusion, the current design is something we feel pretty confident in. Even after carefully reviewing all of your feedback and analyzing the pros and cons of the system, we found that BattleTags are a better way (overall) to personally identify individuals from game to game, even if they change characters.

It helps players build up street cred, or even the opposite type of experiences where you'd want to avoid another player entirely -- something that would only be possible with an account-wide nickname. As a result, we felt that confusing BattleTags with character names in Diablo III was detrimental to those types of benefits.

We know that some of you may disagree with that approach, and that's totally fine. We just encourage you to give BattleTags a chance when Diablo III releases so you can see how the system works in the actual game environment. You might find that you actually like it! Or, you might not, and we'd love to hear your feedback either way. :)

No, but we did miscommunicate, and that's our bad.
    Specifically mine. Sorry. :\

To reiterate what Lylirra said, this is the initial implementation and we're very open to feedback once the game launches and everyone has had more time to mess around with things. Just hold up, give it a chance, and then let us know how it's working out for you after release.

I guess instead of coming up with a creative name for each of my characters, I'll instead randomly smash my keyboard with my fist to generate a name.
    Character names will still be displayed in a number of locations, and more to come, including the website. I'd highly recommend you not do that.

Thought that I need to post it here, since this topic is about in-game names.
    4 Days till Release! Yay!

Keep posting wonderful names people!
    I'm not 100% sure on my names yet... I have ideas rolling around though.

DH will probably be called Jaelzadeon.

Witch Doctor = Tenebris

Barb = Praetorian

Not sure what to call Wizard and Monk. I really want to use the name Scharnhorst, because it's such an awesome name. Anything could change by the time I make my characters. They will also all be female probably, otherwise I would be using the names Dmitri, Viktor and Vinzent.
    DH - Bleu
    Wizard - Singularity
    Monk - Sunburst
    Wd - Voodoo (I'm sure many ppl will name their WD this, I just really like it =P )
    Barb - Krux
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from JizzLobster

WhaleJizz - Barbarian
    SealJizz - Witch doctor
    JizzLobster - Wizard

That's all I plan to play.

Da fuks wrong with you
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from GeNMaKB

My main character will be a male Demon Hunter named Lazarus.

I've used that name (mostly on Blizzard games) for several years now. I used to go by Lazarus@USEast on Battle.net but my account expired while I was in jail. Now someone else has that name, but I don't really care.

Yes, I named myself after Archbishop Lazarus from the original Diablo.

I was thinking older...like...the guy that Jesus resurrected from the dead...but hey haha that's me.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war." --Plato
    I only have my WD name picked so far and he shall forever be known as Voodude. Usually I would name a character after a skill type but I know if I name my wizard Fierydeath that I will probably end up using ice spells and look like an idiot.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes