LIVE Level 1 Naked SK Kill; No potions

Shoutout to Bashiok for tweeting this =]
    https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/168274131354255360

Edit: NOT LIVE - I managed to do this on the stream and have now turned it into a youtube video =]

Hello everyone!

I'm back with the latest video which is a Skeleton King kill using a level 1 character with no items and no potions.

I did commentary throughout the whole video so the only thing I'll say here is I hope you enjoy it if you decide to take a look! =]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDYi9P5fZrw

Edit:
    What do you guys think of this boss having attacks that are all very slow and somewhat predictable?

That is really the only thing that allows me to control and react to him so much.

You can contrast this with a boss like Duriel who does a ton of attacks fast and unpredictably...
    Which do you prefer?
    He just did it!

Witch Doctor, level 1, no weapons, not even starting dagger, and no potions. Took just about 20 mins.

Had a really close call but he ended at 100% HP.

This is funny because it's right after Blizzard brought up the issue of early Act 1 being just tutorial/farming level and not being representative of later difficulty. See just how much with this kill!
    Bumping for video posting!
    Challenge accepted!

but grats anyway ;)
    Hehe ,good job.
    Nice try.
    Quote from Gallows

Challenge accepted!

but grats anyway ;)

Dooooooooo it!!!
    Nice one :)
    Good effort!!

Did you start from the start, that would be epic!
    Quote from Wrothmor

Good effort!!

Haha well I'd be pretty high level by the time I'd finish... would take hours!

I'm gonna tweak your idea a bit and use it though... thanks for commenting!
    Quote from Wrothmor

Good effort!!

It should actually be quite possible to do an entire run naked, from level 1, while doing all quests! Just takes some skill, patience and practice as shown here.

This goes to show to all the people that were "done" with beta that there's still a lot you can do by artificially increasing the difficulty by reducing your relative amount of HP and damage to enemies.

At least 3 months to burn till release so might as well use the time practicing a bit. :)
    This is not even a boss. I don't see why it's wrong, that someone killed SK at level 1 on normal.
    Quote from Deventh

This is not even a boss. I don't see why it's wrong, that someone killed SK at level with no items on 1 on normal.

Well he does have 1805 hitpoints and my DPS was 3.
    I personally think it's possible only due to the design of his attacks and there is no problem with it but it is very surprising that it is beatable.
    I really like this boss design. In D2 only a feel bosses played this way (mostly Diablo and Mephisto - Ball a little). If you coulnd't beat a boss in D2 you could blame your gear. This is not the case in D3, cleary ;D

I image that in inferno if you're somewhat skilled and patient, like this armada guy, bosses you beat you. Surely you will need certain gear to survive unavoidable attacks, but a doubt you will ever have enough resistance to survive a slow and predictable boss attack.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    Wow, Bashiok tweeted this pretty quickly, just noticed it: https://twitter.com/#!/Bashiok/status/168274131354255360
    Personally I believe he should be dodging all your attacks, you shouldn't be able to hit him. But that's just me.
    "When men are most sure and arrogant, they are commonly the most mistaken, and have then given views to passion, without that proper deliberation and suspense which can alone secure them from the grossest absurdities"
    Quote from LordRayken

Personally I believe he should be dodging all your attacks, you shouldn't be able to hit him. But that's just me.

no such thing as hit rating in D3. THANK GOD. phew that was such an annoying mechanic
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from LordRayken

no such thing as hit rating in D3. THANK GOD. phew that was such an annoying mechanic

Yeah I think I agree, it didn't add much.
    What do you guys think of this boss having attacks that are all very slow and somewhat predictable?

One of many bosses. All bosses can't be Kratos unleashing upon you.

If players start killing SK at level one with a melee character then I might be concerned, well even then I would't. Many players died to him at the start so for being a first act boss. He did his job. Analyzing every attack of mini-bosses won't be happening,,,

Also, another aspect of the fight is him summoning adds, adds which he ends up killing himself and gives you health globs. If they truly were very slow and predictable, you wouldn't need to grab 'em.
    Black Swordsman
    Quote from Armada

That is really the only thing that allows me to control and react to him so much.

You can contrast this with a boss like Duriel who does a ton of attacks fast and unpredictably... Which do you prefer?

I prefer having a mix of both. Have some be predictable so you can reliably plan for their attacks, and some be unpredictable so there's variety and extra challenge.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes