For people who got the annual WoW deal...

Quote from Mccormick
    No no no, YOU don't get it. WHY would those people sign up for the AP if the release was imminent? All those people like wasting 13$ or whatever it is every month WHILE THEY WILL BE PLAYING DIABLO3?? If those people were convinced the release was imminent, then for damn sure they shouldn't have signed up, and instead bought it so they wouldn't be stuck with a subscription for ~9 more months.

I really think you have not thought this through.

Do you believe the AP was released from Blizzard because they thought they would make money from it? The obvious answer is yes. The only way they will make money from it is that they get more sub months from this plan than they otherwise would. Ok?

The player that planned to play WoW anyway and then Diablo 3 is hence a loss financially under the AP plan (since Diablo 3 is given away). You follow?

So the key segment is the player that planned to play Diablo 3 but not WoW so much and was close to ending the WoW sub anyway because 15 USD a month felt like a tad too much to chat with friends until MoP comes out. This person then feels - ok buying the AP results in 7 USD per month or so for chatting with my friends and keep in touch since I can back out the price for Diablo 3 until MoP. This sounds ok and signs up. This is the group that feels partially screwed - and I fully understand that.
    Quote from Mccormick

No no no, YOU don't get it. WHY would those people sign up for the AP if the release was imminent? All those people like wasting 13$ or whatever it is every month WHILE THEY WILL BE PLAYING DIABLO3?? If those people were convinced the release was imminent, then for damn sure they shouldn't have signed up, and instead bought it so they wouldn't be stuck with a subscription for ~9 more months. Now, if they DO want to be stuck with this subscription, then they have nothing to complain about. So basically in either case: they either have nothing to complain about, or they have theirselves to blame.

Because honestly, that's what it is. If they release later, you actually make more use out of your deal than if they release faster.

Yes "And the fact that so many people feel upset on the forums must be their fault. They are obviously all retarded teenagers that feel entitled." MOST DEFINATELY. That's really the world we live in, a world with, yes indeed, a lot of pretty dumb people. But not saying "uniqueness" is a bad thing :) it's OK to have dumb people around, without them, there wouldn't be "smart" people.

I subscribed to the AP. I wasn't playing WoW a ton at the time and wasn't planning to play a whole lot until MoP, but I was definitely planning to get D3. When the deal was initially announced, I figured that instead of canceling my WoW sub until MoP I could get the AP for basically the same money and still have access to WoW if I wanted to log in now and then. Access to MoP beta and Tyreal's Charger for my alts was a nice bonus.

With the delay, it still makes the same financial sense, but I don't really care about playing WoW right now and would much rather be playing D3. But when D3 finally releases, MoP beta probably will have started as well (or will be close to starting) so now I'll have 2 things I want to spend my time on while I have nothing to do right now.

For me its not that the AP is a bad deal now (and I don't think Blizzard is cheating anyone) but its definitely not as good a deal as I though it would be initially because of the delay and how that matches up with the WoW release schedule. The AP wasn't targeted at people who were definitely gonna stay subbed to WoW for the next 12 months (they are losing money on these folks), it was for the people, like me, who were considering dropping WoW to play D3 as a way to let them play both. With the schedule change it makes staying around in WoW to play both harder to justify.
    i signed up for the annual pass becauase i wanted access to the MoP beta and was gonna get D3 anyways. i didnt care at all about when either of them came out. lawl
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from Zaagazug

So the key segment is the player that planned to play Diablo 3 but not WoW so much and was close to ending the WoW sub anyway because 15 USD a month felt like a tad too much to chat with friends until MoP comes out. This person then feels - ok buying the AP results in 7 USD per month or so for chatting with my friends and keep in touch since I can back out the price for Diablo 3 until MoP. This sounds ok and signs up. This is the group that feels partially screwed - and I fully understand that.

Sure, and i'm telling you this group should've thought of that before subscribing to the AP. Nothing has changed about the deal ever in any case.
    If you're still playing wow then you've already admitted to being an idiot who feels entitled. I honestly have nothing else to say.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes