For people who got the annual WoW deal...

I'm actually quite curious. A lot of people got the WoW deal in which you promise to pay for WoW for at least a year and in exchange you get Diablo 3.

Somehow people who did this feel that Diablo 3 having a late release (whether in Q2 of this year, Q4 or even 2013) somehow infringes their rights. Now, I don't quite get it, what about the agreement suggested that Diablo 3 would have to be out by the end of your annual deal?
    Quote from Ramsey

what about the agreement suggested that Diablo 3 would have to be out by the end of your annual deal?

I do believe that would be nerdrage, sir.

People just complain because they feel entitled to something since they signed up for the annual pass.

Personally, I feel entitled to the beta 'cos I'm better than all of y'all.
    Good point Sir! Never though about it, but now that you are mentionning it... makes perfect sense.

LETS MILK THE COW TILL ITS DRY! THEN and only then will we release Diablo 3.

Looks like a good buisiness strategy!

But even with that said, ill have to admit I am still very excited about D3. We will get it.... someday!
    It's not like we can get Diablo 3 then cancel the annual pass, so either way you get what you paid for, free diablo 3 when it is released.

If it comes before, or after the annual pass 1 year mark, makes no difference unless you planned on trying to cancel it and keep the game for free, which Blizzard has already stated won't happen.
    It doesn't make much sense for people to complain about it (like complaining about not being in beta).

If they are paying for a year of WoW regardless (and there's no commitment to speak of anyway...), there's no impact. So, if you don't like WoW anymore... stop paying/playing it NOW... if already registered for a longer then month period, well, annual pass has nothing to really do with that.

The only impact would be if they were going to only play WoW up until D3 comes out, AND they planned to get the D3 CE, AND D3 comes out after 8 months since they signed up for the pass. Then, there wouldn't be any negative anyway, they would just be losing (well, not losing, because they would still be getting 4 free months of WoW... but they wouldn't be using it...). So even they they still haven't lost anything. But that's just bad planning anyway, because that would have happened no matter when the game was released.
    Maybe they make another super offer like:

- Get an annual pass for WoW and you get Diablo 4 for FREE when its done in 2179 for your grand grand grand children.
    Quote from Burzghash

Regardless, there's no good reason for forcing permanence on people..
    You also get gurenteed access to the MoP beta...people need to sop complaining...it's starting to get old.
    I just want a little bit of tenderness :(

Quote from Ramsey

I'm actually quite curious. A lot of people got the WoW deal in which you promise to pay for WoW for at least a year and in exchange you get Diablo 3.

Somehow people who did this feel that Diablo 3 having a late release (whether in Q2 of this year, Q4 or even 2013) somehow infringes their rights. Now, I don't quite get it, what about the agreement suggested that Diablo 3 would have to be out by the end of your annual deal?

Its essentially a pre-order. Idk of anyone claiming the release date infringes on their rights, and if they did, well it makes no sense at all.

I am actually more concerned about when MoP comes out than D3. I, like many, will renew my account to play the new xpac. So the faster MoP is released the less time I am paying for cataclysm.
    Do you want to get scammed? Perhaps a nice keylogger?
    "Just google "diablo 3 gold guide" and magical rainbow covered demons will assault your eyes."
    The only 'rights' that people have are the ones specifically stated in the agreement they made by accepting the offer made by Blizzard. I have not (and don't plan to) read the fine print of the deal, but I am 100% certain that it never states anywhere that the free copy of Diablo 3 will be provided before the year of WoW game time expires because that would be disadvantageous to Blizzard who are the ones making the deal to begin with.

Entitlement is the reason that people feel that they should get things.
    They are complaining that on the official US page they changed it from "when the game launches early next year" to "when it launches". The fact that it said "early" and since most people think Q2 isn't "early" it's considered fraud. But the FAQ states:

Official Blizzard Quote:

When will I receive Diablo III?
    Diablo III will be available to download via your Battle.net account when the game is officially released in your country of residence.

But this page has been updated on the 9th of Feb, so don't know whether it once said "when the game is officially released in your country of residence early next year" or something along those lines.
    Quote from JaundiceBunny

They are complaining that on the official US page they changed it from "when the game launches early next year" to "when it launches". The fact that it said "early" and since most people think Q2 isn't "early" it's considered fraud. But the FAQ states:

Official Blizzard Quote:

When will I receive Diablo III?
    Diablo III will be available to download via your Battle.net account when the game is officially released in your country of residence.

But this page has been updated on the 9th of Feb, so don't know whether it once said "when the game is officially released in your country of residence early next year" or something along those lines.

A quote on a forum isnt part of the contract you signed....Who cares what it said? Ohh idiots, thats right.
    "Just google "diablo 3 gold guide" and magical rainbow covered demons will assault your eyes."
    If you ask me, we ALL are a bunch of idiots, wasting our lives playing video games, when we could be out exploring the world...I would gladly sit on my ass wasting my life, I don't care how long it takes to get out, as long as I get to enjoy it for a years to come.

Quote from Aerisot

If you ask me, we ALL are a bunch of idiots, wasting our lives playing video games, when we could be out exploring the world...I would gladly sit on my ass wasting my life, I don't care how long it takes to get out, as long as I get to enjoy it for a years to come.

The purchase price of Diablo 3 could be a fraction of the hotel room price for one night on a trip to Europe, and with that purchase price you get unlimited entertainment. It's actually quite fiscal to play video games compared to going out to bars every night, going to restaurants, or doing pretty much anything else that doesn't involve sitting in a park under a tree watching grass grow.
    Quote from Aerisot

Everything is a waste of time.
    Nothing matters in the end.
    If i did this deal i would be rather happy in fact, getting D3 after the deal ends so that my time is not wasted in the game. I don't get the fuss about this.
    Quote from Aerisot

You also get gurenteed access to the MoP beta...people need to sop complaining...it's starting to get old.

Ever since Blizzard announced this, people have complained, called it an evil method for them to steal their money. Back then I didn't get why people moaned, and today I still don't get it.

It's like signing a deal with Audi to pay off one car, and part of the deal is to get the latest model when it's released. How are people being shammed if they get what they're paying for? And how is Blizzard stealing from them when they're getting something for free? Best of all is, this isn't being forced onto anyone, it's an option for WoW players who also want to get D3, or WoW players who are on the fence about D3. This is obviously a marketing strategy, but if this blows your mind then clearly you've never turned on a television before, because add breaks are filled with marketing deals to get people to buy more while paying less.

It never fails to surprise me just how eager people are to start complaining about anything and everything, even when it's a good thing, or something that doesn't affect them. Somehow they'd still act as if it's the worst possible ailment that the universe has conjured up just to personally ruin their existence.
    1 million free copies of Diablo 3 have been given away to WoW players.
    Would D3 players get WoW for free too ? Just saying ...
    Quote from rawerpower

A better question would be: Do you really want WoW for free?
    Quote from Azjenco

Quote from rawerpower

A better question would be: Do you really want WoW for free?

For buying the collectors edition, and having it delayed I wouldn't mind a MoP beta invite, I'm not expecting it, nor will I complain if I do not recieve one.

I just foresee a lot of problems with this entire deal, like someone will buy the CE and try to upgrade there free account and it royaly screws them over, I can see it now...by the masses.

Quote from rawerpower

1 million free copies of Diablo 3 have been given away to WoW players.

D3 players don't pay that same amount.. WoW is a subscription, yes, it's that simple.

Also, people who purchased the Annual Pass and cry over it are braindead monkeys, nothing more, nothing less. Blizzard isn't scamming anyone, and if you feel or think you're being scammed, you really need to go back to school, because really you're dumb.

Sorry, there's really no nicer way to say it: it's the simple truth.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes