Rune sistem of Diablo 3 overloading the sistem. Rumor or fact?

Ya overall I like it, but like I said I'm worried about that fact that if it is a 'scroll of learn level 7 rune' then these scrolls will diminish in value greatly over time, they'd need to make the scrolls themselves useful somehow, other than to learn a rune, even if it's just salvaged as a blue item.
    Quote from FreddyBenson

i posted this podcast in a diff thread yesterday, but at thispoint i dont care
    her mag has already made its mind up on D3, when it is finally released she told me that her mag will not give it favourable review cos of the sheer delay on it, infact there will be a article on about taking advantage of coustomers next month

so ye dont care

Without trying to come off as "demeaning", I think you and your cousin are having trouble understanding game development on a fundamental level.

The developer makes the game, putting forward millions and millions of dollars by todays standards. This investment is a level of commitment that no regular person, neither you nor I, should take lightly. If a game is near the end of the development cycle and need some reiteration, it is not within any fan's right to say whether or not it is justified.

At what level is Blizzard taking advantage over customers? Just by sheer definition, none of us are customers at this point. Blizzard has not taken anyone's money for this product yet. All pre-sales are done by retailers who don't even have a hold of the copies yet. In other words, its the retailers who are sitting on your money, not Blizzard.

In my own personal opinion, a negative review (due to bias) will do a gaming mag more harm than Blizzard. If anything, you have shed light on a publication that is not to be taken serious. How can someone already formulate a journalistic review without actually reviewing the final product? If I want a serious review, I'll avoid your cousin's magazine like the plague.

Hope you won't mind sharing what the name of the publication is so that I may loathe it indefinitely and stay away from it.

BTT: At this point, the rune system is completely open-ended. Blizzard claims to have a shippable version ready if necessary. Its hard to imagine that any reiteration of the runestone system thereafter won't completely change it to something we have no idea of how it will work as a mechanic.
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    Quote from Entity

Honestly I don't see this happening. It's just too much work to be done this late in development, they're already hard pressed to get this game out by cutting systems completely. No way they'll completely revamp the runesystem, i think. That said. I'm pretty sure item runewords are not coming back. It would cause too much confusion. They've even stated Runes will only be used for skills. So that's out of the question. As for the concept I think it's a terrible Idea. The reason they removed as much shared stash as they did was because there was too much item hoarding, they cut it back so you could item hoarde just not as much, so if you wanna sit and hoarde runes, then they're going to let you do that, whereas if I want to sit and hoarde short sword of the bear, I can sure as hell do that. By the logic in this theory, nothing should be an item anymore and everything should be a scroll to use, because If I want I can just go and hoarde Tyrael's might 500 times, and well I created an over abundance so now blizzard has to make it so tyraels might is just a scroll that will become an item once used and I can never take it off anymore. Level 7 runes won't be a cake walk to find just like Tyraels might won't be, the low level runes are supposed to be dropping like candy they want people to try the skills, it's the point of them. just like they'll probably drop a short sword of the bear or whatever affix you want hundreds of times. Just because there is an over abundance of a shit item doesn't mean they should remove them from being items, In fact they just recently ADDED more useless items to the pool so it makes finding those Blues and yellows rewarding.

I have to agree, I think they will stay drops, just feels cooler. Also, don't some recipes require dust of rune stones? That would give a sink for the low level, high dropping ones.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    If hoarding runes is a problem due to inventory space, why aren't gems an issue?
    Quote from Alcovitch

If hoarding runes is a problem due to inventory space, why aren't gems an issue?

you need low level gems to make high level ones, by combining. It's an item sink that makes you hoarde them until you need them then theyll all go away and just take up one slot, plus you could just make gems stackable. Same with runes really I don't see why they'd have to change them from being an item really.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Quote from FreddyBenson

i posted this podcast in a diff thread yesterday, but at thispoint i dont care

even game magazines dont care anymore, my cousin works for a game magazine in the states, she says that nearly all of the gaming mags and online game mags views D3 becoming a joke

her mag has already made its mind up on D3, when it is finally released she told me that her mag will not give it favourable review cos of the sheer delay on it, infact there will be a article on about taking advantage of coustomers next month

so ye dont care

But you care enough to post 1000000 post a day on these forums. Yeah, you're gonna buy it anyway.
    Quote from Snaks42

I have to agree, I think they will stay drops, just feels cooler. Also, don't some recipes require dust of rune stones? That would give a sink for the low level, high dropping ones.

Not anymore, all the recipes have changed, none require rune dust.
    Quote from Entity

Quote from Alcovitch

you need low level gems to make high level ones, by combining. It's an item sink that makes you hoarde them until you need them then theyll all go away and just take up one slot, plus you could just make gems stackable. Same with runes really I don't see why they'd have to change them from being an item really.

Yep. It was just a bit of sarcasm on my part. What you said is what i meant.
    Quote from TheWeirdOne

Quote from FreddyBenson

Quote from TheWeirdOne

Quote from FreddyBenson

dont call me a throll, im just stating what game sites and mags are already saying!!!!

That's nice, evidence?

hahahaha, thats what i love about the internet, people demand you show them EVIDENCE!

well no i will not, go look for youself, go to IGN and look for yourself, dont reply to any of my comments again thankyou

K troll, go disprove to me that DIablo 3 is the greatest game eva and blizzard refuses to release because they are actually attempting to kill gamers with excitement and summon Diablo with their souls.

Oh you can't THAT MUST MEAN IT'S TRUE HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

PS: People tend to demand evidence when you make a claim, it's all part of that whole thing were you know, you can't make shit up.

I'm loling with the commentaries. No i'ts not Diablo. Blizzard isn't realising Diablo because the other part is loyal to Warcraft ad wants too summon Lich King, this will result in an epic battle!
    I like the current system and hope it doesn't change too much. Having different runestone levels dropping in their respective difficulties (Level 1-2 normal, 3-4 Hell, and Level 5 inferno) makes the more sense to me than other suggestions/interpretations in this thread. Then again, Blizzard has introduced some changes out of left field before and I've warmed up to them. Looking forward to the next unveil re: runestones. =]
    Complete D3 Coverage [YT Channel]:
    http://huntersc.tv
    We had a similar discussion just few days ago. http://www.diablofans.com/topic/34199-is-the-runestone-sytem-at-risk-of-being-cut-or-simplified/
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    Quote from FreddyBenson
    Quote from TheWeirdOne
    Quote from FreddyBenson
    dont call me a throll, im just stating what game sites and mags are already saying!!!!
    That's nice, evidence?
    hahahaha, thats what i love about the internet, people demand you show them EVIDENCE! well no i will not, go look for youself, go to IGN and look for yourself, dont reply to any of my comments again thankyou

hahahaha, thats what I love about the internet, people make claims about something then attempt to convince others it is true, but then when asked for evidence they shout, "LOOK IT UP YOURSELF YOU LAZY FUCK! I may be trying to convince you guys what I'm saying is factual BUT I AM NOT GOING TO PROVIDE ANY SOURCES!" Don't make any threads on diablofans again thankyou
    My HC Barb Build: Wreckitar
    http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/diablo-iii/1217808p1.html
    Quote from Doomscream

We had a similar discussion just few days ago. http://www.diablofan...-or-simplified/

Sorry bro. But doesn't have the same link, doesn't it?
    Quote from Frocharocha

Quote from Doomscream

We had a similar discussion just few days ago. http://www.diablofan...-or-simplified/

Sorry bro. But doesn't have the same link, doesn't it?

I am not saying, "double thread bla bla bla", but it has a few things brought up as well. It's worth a read. I will lay my thoughts here as well shortly.

About the GameSpy aricle. GameSpy have become the crappiest gaming media ever.
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    I would expect that in typical Diablo III design iteration, they will decide that rune abilities are gathered automatically when you level and all runes are available through a skill like inscription by level 30 or so. Just water the game down even more.

If we let them continue they may decide that all loot drops are removed except for set items, uniques and crafting materials since "that's all people want to use anyway and it will make itemization and balancing of classes and boss fights richer and deeper"
    Quote from Doomscream

I am not saying, "double thread bla bla bla", but it has a few things brought up as well. It's worth a read. I will lay my thoughts here as well shortly.

About the GameSpy aricle. GameSpy have become the crappiest gaming media ever.

I think the thread is ok, every other post you actually have someone talking about the rune system. Some people had a cup of cynicism before posting here, others came here hoping for the most awesome reiteration of the mechanic to come to light. Its the bread and butter of these threads, something you can read and get into a discussion about. There are a few people who shared a decent amount of thought within their posts here in this thread. The discussion of how the mechanics could end up looking, and how the stash space ties into it is actually interesting to read up on.

Unfortunately, in general, you have a lot of the negatively minded people post the same few sentences for any topic that seems to be hot for a few hours. Rune system? Gonna be watered down. Difficulty? Gonna be watered down. Loot hunting? Also gonna be watered down. Don't get me wrong, people can have whatever opinion they want. I just wish they'd share more insight as to why they think its "watered down". Only few come up with feedback other than "release the game already", many forgetting that the team working on improving the systems are the same ones who came up with the basic mechanics to begin with.

In its own right, the GameSpy article is ok. Sure, it differs from my opinion, but the author actually went on to ask questions to the readers so that they would actually form their own thoughts as they read. For all intents and purposes, the author of that article may as well have posted a thread on this site with that exact text, and we'd be having a few pages of active discussion. Anything baring official previews or reviews on D3 is nothing but an opinion at this point. If it invokes readers to respond to the actual content of the writing, its ok in my book.
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    sYstem.

S-Y-stem.

Sry.. that was really bugging me.. it's spelled "System".
    Guts/Gatts/Gattsu (Male Barb) - Berserk Reference
    Doomwolf (Male Demon Hunter)
    Kainé (Female Monk) - Nier Reference
    Quote from Obliteratus

sYstem.

S-Y-stem.

only reason i checked this thread was to see if someone would correct that. lmao
    (this build was before D3 launched... looking back on it now - i had no idea what i was doing)
    Quote from Obliteratus

sYstem.

S-Y-stem.

That made me laugh.
    I had to scroll up to check the spelling of the word
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes