Diablo III Beta Impressions

Here, I will help you understand how you are speaking:

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

@lord jaroh

i cant believe i read all of that. but honestly the majority of your so called "polish" is merely your personal opinion

fact

that i dont know anyone who would really agree

opinion

with or even care

opinion

wither it was your way or the way it is now. people call it nitpicking because it doesnt need to be changed

opinion

and isnt an issue

opinion

and almost everything you said doesnt need to be changed.

opinion

sure the hit boxes is an issue

fact

but town portal placement? quest pop up? level up effects? seriously?

opinion

these wont be changed

opinion

because one super OCD anal retentive guy

opinion and insult

wants them "his" way.

opinion

so you should instead learn to embrace the way the game is because you cant change every minor detail and 99% of those things wont be changed before or after release

No thanks.

Thank you for your very insightful post.
    your calling everything ive said opinion when your entire post was also only your opinion? ya you sure showed me bud. im burned. lawl
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

your calling everything ive said opinion when your entire post was also only your opinion? ya you sure showed me bud. im burned. lawl

You are certainly right. However, I did not put forth my opinion as fact, nor did I presume to speak for anyone else but myself. I also gave reasons for my opinions for the most part. And what did you contribute?
    Quote from Lord_Jaroh

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

You are certainly right. However, I did not put forth my opinion as fact, nor did I presume to speak for anyone else but myself. I also gave reasons for my opinions for the most part. And what did you contribute?

really i said everything ive said is fact? lawl again

you contributed your OCD opinion almost no one agrees with about minor things that wont be changed or need to be changed. dont take that as fact, itll be released soon and 99% of what you want to be changed wont be. /sadface
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    I wouldn't confuse good design with hand holding. A basic principle of design is simplicity, and Diablo 3 shines in that respect. The elimination of the character sheet screen was a bit jarring, but in practice, the new home for stats is easier to use.

It think it was a bad move not to include at least one rune in the closed beta. Looking at the skills screen can make your options look pretty limited even at later levels, but I think runes will more than make up for that. The focus on a few identifiable skills is a bonus when there's a good selection of runes. But I understand that's not the goal of the closed beta.

The beta has me thoroughly impressed, despite. I find myself coming back to the same old dungeon over and over again with a few buddies.
    Quote from Huck

I wouldn't confuse good design with hand holding. A basic principle of design is simplicity, and Diablo 3 shines in that respect. The elimination of the character sheet screen was a bit jarring, but in practice, the new home for stats is easier to use.

It think it was a bad move not to include at least one rune in the closed beta. Looking at the skills screen can make your options look pretty limited even at later levels, but I think runes will more than make up for that. The focus on a few identifiable skills is a bonus when there's a good selection of runes. But I understand that's not the goal of the closed beta.

The beta has me thoroughly impressed, despite. I find myself coming back to the same old dungeon over and over again with a few buddies.

Yes simplicity is good for understanding, but there is simplicity and then there's http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FpigqfcvlM&list=FLh40ZwDHNeRs1-1UxOB2pVQ&feature=mh_lolz

I think he explains the "handholding" pretty well, and Diablo III does the "Mega Man! Mega Man!..." thing too often for my tastes.

I agree with your point about not including a rune. I think it would have made things more interesting to "see" what they were doing with the runes, rather than hearing them talk about "how awesome it is" and taking them at their word.
    Blizzard why do you think we are stupid ?
    Quote from Burzghash

Regardless, there's no good reason for forcing permanence on people..
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes