Not able to get US beta Invite because stationed in Germany?

I was just curious... For all my life I have always played on US servers for all blizzard games, wether it be Diablo, Diablo II, starcraft/broodward, sc2, and all the warcraft games. Now that I am stationed in germany due to being employed by the us army, I was wondering if one of the reasons contributing to the fact that i havent got a beta invite yet is because I am in Germany now? How can I opt in the for US servers, I dont want to play in Germany because of the fact I cant speak their language worth a hoot, and a secondary question is, When d3 finally does get released, am i able to download a digital US copy of the game come german time on release date or do i have to wait for eastern standard time?
    Upon release you will defiantly be able to play on US servers.

As far as beta goes, they plan on releasing EU invites in the near future. This first big wave went out to the US because that's where the only beta servers are atm. This is optimal for testing because it produces the least amount of lag and highest FPS on testers. It's just how they chose to go about it this round.

Not sure about the digital copy part. I would assume you can do the pre download in the weeks leading up to release like everyone else. You should be able to play with everythone on the US server at the same time, since I believe the time of the day at release only dictates when the server goes up, so no matter where you are you can connect at the same time. I believe ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Thanks for the information, Everything you stated makes perfect sense, It just stinks cause I have been trying to opt in for the us beta but every time i type in battle.net it automatically goes to eu.battle.net by default since im in Europe, Same with every other website, If i type in Google.com, it automatically goes to google.de and everything is in german, Thankfully i have a translator on google chrome so it automatically converts it for me, but its still kind of annoying.. So i guess for now its just impossible for me to opt in to the us beta.... :(
    Europe will likely be getting a beta really soon. If not hopefully the game isn't too far out. :) Keep your eyes peeled around here and we'll keep you updated.
    Whether it says us.bat.. or eu.bat.. doesn't matter as long as you have upon registration (this is actually the first field you are asked to fill in when creating an account) indicated that your country of residence is the United States. Then with a full game attached to your account you can opt-in the US beta. Btw if u type manually us.battle.net it doesn't switch automatically to eu.battle when you press enter.
    Quote from Daemaro

Europe will likely be getting a beta really soon. If not hopefully the game isn't too far out. :) Keep your eyes peeled around here and we'll keep you updated.

That made me think of putting a carrot peeler to my eye =O
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    well you wont be playing on "german" servers anyways you will be playing on EU servers and on those most ppl speak english anyways or at least they will try ;)

and btw you can change to us.battle.net on the bottom of the screen just click on "Europe -English(EU)" and after that choose <our country.
    Quote from Harmonica39

well you wont be playing on "german" servers anyways you will be playing on EU servers and on those most ppl speak english anyways or at least they will try ;)

and btw you can change to us.battle.net on the bottom of the screen just click on "Europe -English(EU)" and after that choose <our country.

Well another reason I want to play on US servers is because all my friends back home will be on US servers. So even if most speak english on the EU servers, it still wont be as fun without my friends.
    i get you point i would want to play with my buddies too.
    Quote from jeffalotus

I was just curious... For all my life I have always played on US servers for all blizzard games, wether it be Diablo, Diablo II, starcraft/broodward, sc2, and all the warcraft games. Now that I am stationed in germany due to being employed by the us army, I was wondering if one of the reasons contributing to the fact that i havent got a beta invite yet is because I am in Germany now? How can I opt in the for US servers, I dont want to play in Germany because of the fact I cant speak their language worth a hoot, and a secondary question is, When d3 finally does get released, am i able to download a digital US copy of the game come german time on release date or do i have to wait for eastern standard time?

Hey Jeffalotus,
    I too am stationed in Germany and feel like I should let you know a thing or two. First off, there is no US or EU beta at the moment. Its simply just a closed beta, and anyone can get in, although chances are higher for NA players. Also, the beta is an English client. Even if you receive a beta key while you are here in GER, you can easily download a version that you can understand. Retail may be different, but SC2 and WoW let me change the language so I assume it will be the same.

I know plenty of people that got lucky and hit the beta that work with me as well (including myself), so it is not too uncommon to see beta keys floating around for us overseas folks. Sheer, dumb luck, but I hope you have some too :)
    Of all things important in Online Gaming, there is one thing no game developer can "fix" - it's community.
    Quote from Ferret

Quote from jeffalotus

Hey Jeffalotus,
    I too am stationed in Germany and feel like I should let you know a thing or two. First off, there is no US or EU beta at the moment. Its simply just a closed beta, and anyone can get in, although chances are higher for NA players. Also, the beta is an English client. Even if you receive a beta key while you are here in GER, you can easily download a version that you can understand. Retail may be different, but SC2 and WoW let me change the language so I assume it will be the same.

I know plenty of people that got lucky and hit the beta that work with me as well (including myself), so it is not too uncommon to see beta keys floating around for us overseas folks. Sheer, dumb luck, but I hope you have some too :)

Send some of that dumb luck my way! Enjoy the beta and your time in Germany
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes