Disappointment in Blizzard

I have been a firm supporter of blizzard for a countless number of years. I have loved everything they've done for the world of gaming and the products they have released for our entertainment. However, the amount of time fans and supporters have waited for a new product is getting borderline outrageous. This conflict in Korea with the gaming board is obviously holding the game back. It's absolutely absurd for blizz and company to try and deny this fact and continue to string along the very people that make the company stay afloat and progress in the gaming industry. It's high tide that we (the little people) get recognized and get, at the very least, a date for release. This way we can have some semblance of peace knowing D3 is well on its way to making it to our hard dive. Give us what we want blizzard, stop jerking us around. I think we have endured enough.

Sincerely,
    Gamer in distress -_-
    They cant give you a release date, when they dont know themselves when the GRB will approve their money hogging schemes.
    I love them for their awesome games, I hate them for their horrible PR and their approach to community.
    well, the game is not done yet.

Bashiok states that the Korean matter is not the hold back of the game. The game servers need work, some major systems still need work, and overall polish is always something they can use time on.

Its just not done yet.

I have followed blizzard as well for 10+ years, I have been checking internet all the time since 2008, where the game was announced.

just accept that blizzard is not done with the game yet, and that they will release it when they are done.

you say you are disappointed in blizzard. I can only say for myself, that as a fan of their games, and letting them inspire even my career choice of being a developer myself, I am stoked that the game will come out soon.

Let's be glad and celebrate that the game is soon to come, instead of demanding a release date. If they give you the date you demand, before they can set a date they believe in themselves, it's probably not gonna be the correct date.

I am proud of blizzard that they dont give us a date until they are sure they can follow through. Once a date comes, we can all be happy, knowing that the date WILL be the date

have a nice day :)
    Quote from Nanthao5

I love them for their awesome games, I hate them for their horrible PR and their approach to community.

What about thier PR is horrible? They host BlizzCon to tell us all what they are doing, and they have multiple paychecks rolling out to people who inform us of what they are doing, and answer all the questions we have, unless the answer is confidential.

In my mind, blizzard makes awesome games AND have an awesome approach to the community.
    I hear ya. I'll b honest I have not been a fan of diablo or any blizzard game for very long. Maybe a few months and it is already driving me nuts with this drama about the release or not to release. Can't imagine all u people who have been waiting since d2. U must b an inch away from blowing ur heads off hah. I hope it comes out Q1 like they said and not b pushed back. ALSO HOW DO U START A FORUM DISCUSSION???
    Nice username OP.
    Quote from GR1MJAW

I hope it comes out Q1 like they said and not b pushed back.

Let's repeat for the 1000th time: EARLY 2012. They have never said Q1.
    Quote from Arnull

Quote from GR1MJAW

I hope it comes out Q1 like they said and not b pushed back.

Let's repeat for the 1000th time: EARLY 2012. They have never said Q1.
    Bashiok did. He corrected himself afterwards, but only because he doesnt want to be hated if the game is released month or two in Q2. But as he said, Q1 is more literal ;)

I have been a firm supporter of blizzard for a countless number of years. I have loved everything they've done for the world of gaming and the products they have released for our entertainment. However, the amount of time fans and supporters have waited for a new product is getting borderline outrageous. This conflict in Korea with the gaming board is obviously holding the game back. It's absolutely absurd for blizz and company to try and deny this fact and continue to string along the very people that make the company stay afloat and progress in the gaming industry. It's high tide that we (the little people) get recognized and get, at the very least, a date for release. This way we can have some semblance of peace knowing D3 is well on its way to making it to our hard dive. Give us what we want blizzard, stop jerking us around. I think we have endured enough.

Sincerely,
    Gamer in distress -_-

If you've been a fan of Blizzard for a countless number of years then you know that Blizzard will never give out a release date unless they absolutely know when it's come out. If they were to give a release date and then have to delay it, that would piss people off more than not giving a release date. Once they announce the release date it'll be set, I can't think of the last time they had a specific release date and not delivered.
    so you are dissapointed in a company that not only ships almost totally bug free games and only takes a little longer to do so and also doesn't make you pay for now maps(dlc) in games like sc and provides free servers and map editors.

and not to mention they modify their games according to what feedback they get from their community.

do you think it's good for a company to hold back games and do that to annoy you?

you want some cheese with your whine?
    Well Q1 or early 2012. I just hope they don't push it back is what I'm trying to say. SERIOUSLY HOW DO U START A DISCUSSION?? I want to talk about what kind of mice r good for diablo??
    i feel that most of the wining comes from kids who dont understand the economics of it.... hurry up to please fans and put out bad game = bad/slow sales now and for future releases.... make them wait a few months while we finish up everything we need to = impatient people now but once game comes out it flies off the shelves because you buy it, tell your friend how good it is so he buys it and his friend buys it etc... please just calm down.
    Tupac 4ever and always
    gamma11 > east

Quote from GR1MJAW

Well Q1 or early 2012. I just hope they don't push it back is what I'm trying to say. SERIOUSLY HOW DO U START A DISCUSSION?? I want to talk about what kind of mice r good for diablo??

Don't start a discussion with "Disappointment in Blizzard" as a title. Try "What are the chances Diablo III gets pushed back?" Or something that won't incite flames.
    I am pretty disappointed in Blizzard as well. At first, I believed Bashiok's post about the game not being ready and he explained how they are adding new content. However, he contradicts his previous post every day. If the game was almost by the end of 2011, I don't see why it will need to take longer than Q1. Also, he states the game will be release by the end of Q1 then he said that it was a mistake and he meant early 2012. If the game was in its polishing period, it shouldn't take more than 2 or 3 months to release it but it seems more like they are still implementing new systems. Following his post on release and system updates, I expected a system to be implemented that is causing major delays. To me, it seems like the rune system is probably causing the most problem but in the end it is only a guess. If so, I agree with the delay because its such a intregal part of the game. I don't care about a release date but, at the very least, Bashiok should try his best not to contradict himself and explain why the game is delayed. Without an explanation, it is no wonder people believe it is the RMAH issue in South Korea. Even I find it suspicious the game is now being pushed to early 2012 after the GRB delayed its decision.
    Blizzard is awesome.
    I would rage a bit if they announced 2013 tomorrow but i would still respect them.

There aren't many games that i can play for months.
    There are maybe 5 games that i played for years.
    Most of them are from blizzard.

They actually have the balls to release a game when its ready.
    I hope they never give in to the public demand.

Blizzard is one of the few remaining companies that seem to put their heart into the development and actually sell quality products.

It does hurt often if you are following the game closely. I have been watching diablo 3 closely from the end of 2009 maybe. I know the feeling but be honest with yourself. You want Blizzard to be Blizzard.
    Way to QQ and not offer anything to actually talk about other than QQing about how life isn't fair and Blizzard should release games when you think they should.
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    Yup. Blizzard is the last bastion of hope in an industry increasingly giving into the crowd who seems to be obsessed with getting the same game once every year, and getting it right away. (Madden, Call of Duty, etc.)

I absolutely adore Skyrim, but Blizzard would never have released a game with some of those bugs, particularly the game breaking ones. (Helms that max your life at level 1, bugged sneak mechanics, and I could go on and on.)

I think Blizzard does an amazing job.

As for the comment that this time is just too much....

Well, you obviously HAVEN'T been playing Blizzard games for years. I remember Diablo II. I remember very distinctly WAITING for Diablo II. And that was a different animal altogether. There's a reason they don't announce things and often keep many of the iterations of game mechanics secret. And I think Diablo II's development really led to that.
    Host of the Void Zone Podcast
    Director, Writer, Producer @
    http://outofthevoidp...ns.blogspot.com
    omg... we get it. You guys are so disappointed in Blizzard...you've been a fan since Bashiok was born; you named your son Griswold; you've been waiting soooooooooooooo long for a release date, and if they don't announce a release date within the next 15 minutes, you're quitting all Blizzard games FOREVER.

Please shutup with it all. No one cares. They are developing the damn game, and they will release it when it's done. You're not special.
    I have been a firm supporter of blizzard for a countless number of years.

Considering Blizzard's age this is really more of an enditement against your country's educational system...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes