I'm fairly convinced we'll get the release date this weekend, here's why.

Spike VGA, the only major event in the next few months, and best possible chance to announce the release date with maximum publicity.

http://twitter.com/blizzard_anz

The last 3 tweets by blizzard are building hype for something that's going to happen this weekend, an "update" What coul they possibly update us with this weekend that's worth hyping about?

The first of the three messages reads: Should have a nice update for everyone this weekend

Minutes later, another tweet is added: So most people are on the right track in regards to Diablo 3, more details to follow

Those 2nd tweet is really a follow on from the first tweet. What could they mean by "most people are on the right track"? They surely know about the speculation that they'll announce the date at the spike VGA.

I think they'll announce the release date at the VGA, and it'll be somewhere between mid january and mid february. Other things to consider that lead me to this guess - Blizzard have said that we might get the game a lot sooner than we all think, this was in response to the delayed release when people started saying that it'll end up being mid way through next year.

There's also a blizzard quote somewhere saying that Diablo 3 could have shipped in 2011 but they wanted a little extra time to get it just right.
    There's also one other thing, after what they just tweeted, it would be a major let down if they don't give us the release date at the spike VGA. That tweet is intended to build hype.
    I like your logic.
    I am hopeful that we will get a release date this Saturday
    Quote from DiabloSin

There's also one other thing, after what they just tweeted, it would be a major let down if they don't give us the release date at the spike VGA. That tweet is intended to build hype.

Are you trying to say that Blizzard is above over-hyping something only just to disappoint with the actual announcement?

You must be new to this.....
    Quote from DiabloSin

Just to keep it in perspective, it also wouldn't be the first time they hyped up(way out of proportion) some street art, so to speak. It could be a release date, it could be a new set of wallpapers on their website. I'm not getting my hopes up personally.
    AMMAGAWD SAIGN OF REALASE?!1

No but really, I agree with you, this weekend is going to be awesome!
    Treasure hunting... Treasure finding!!
    Yep. We are getting new wall papers! Yipppy!

So tired of this crap <_
    I agree with you.. wait its blizzard, nevermind I disagree with you. At least those tweets aren't from the master troll Bashiok
    Blizzard used to care about releasing Diablo III, then they all took an arrow in the knee...
    Quote from Ginobli

Are you trying to say that Blizzard is above over-hyping something only just to disappoint with the actual announcement?

You must be new to this.....

QFT
    The first tweet by itself about a "nice update" might not sound too special. But it's when you factor in the 2nd tweet that is really just a follow on from the first. "so most people are on the right track in regards to Diablo 3" I really don't know what that could mean for the update other than release date.
    Quote from falcompsx

Quote from DiabloSin

Just to keep it in perspective, it also wouldn't be the first time they hyped up(way out of proportion) some street art, so to speak. It could be a release date, it could be a new set of wallpapers on their website. I'm not getting my hopes up personally.

+1. It's such a huge disapointment when Blizz says were excited about a reveal, and then it turns out to be a lore update to the website......
    Blizzard will announce they are removing items from the game.
    This does make it seem like the best Buy release date on the CE pre-order of Feb 1st might make sense.
    Quote from DiabloSin

The first tweet by itself about a "nice update" might not sound too special. But it's when you factor in the 2nd tweet that is really just a follow on from the first. "so most people are on the right track in regards to Diablo 3" I really don't know what that could mean for the update other than release date.

It could just be the artisan update that we already know is coming. But a release date is also possible.
    Quote from Verity

Quote from DiabloSin

It could just be the artisan update that we already know is coming. But a release date is also possible.

I didn't think of that. I think you have just put the last nail in the coffin of a release date this weekend.
    Quote from haticK

Blizzard will announce they are removing items from the game.

Blizzard will announce they are removing the game from the game.

Part of me wants to see Blizzard completely pull the plug on Diablo 3.
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions."
    -Thomas Jefferson
    Quote from Brake Failure

Quote from Verity

Quote from DiabloSin

I didn't think of that. I think you have just put the last nail in the coffin of a release date this weekend.

That depends what blizzard meant when they said "a nice update by the end of the week". Depends if they meant weekend or weekday, they definetly won't update the website on the weekend.

You're also looking at only the first tweet, and ignoring the second tweet "So most people are on the right track in regards to diablo 3, more details to follow". These two tweets were moments apart and obviously directly connected. The meaning of the 2nd tweet is unknown, what is it that people are on the right track about in regards to D3 that has any relevance with an update coming by the end of this week?
    Blizzard knows that we derive immense entertainment value from guessing at their cryptic blather. They will give us exactly what they want, exactly when they want to, and we will love them for it.
    "Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions."
    -Thomas Jefferson

That's the release date speculation thread, and this is not a release date focused thread. This is discussing if we'll get the release date announcement at the spike VGA.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes