what will your follower be?

Poll: what follower will you use?

what follower will you use? - Single Choice

• my weapons are my followers 12.6%
  • my friends 29.8%
  • Enchantress 13.6%
  • Scoundrel 13.1%
  • Templar 30.8%
    Templar. Seems pretty freaking amazing for hardcore!
    Your deeds of valor will be remembered
    Quote from Moxx

So instead of actually discussing how this isn't specualation, you attack the guy behind the arguement instead. This is called an ad hominem, and as I'm sure you know, is a logical fallacy. That means that I'm right and you're wrong, which in turn testifies to the vastness of your intellect and my total lack of same, right?. Lol. There'll be no negating the truth tonight dude, you lose and I win. Go lift some more steel, because you can't compete here.

speculating on what is better is speculating. choosing what type you want isnt speculating, its your personal choice based on your preference of play style, that is all. you would speculate on your own play style? of course not. GJ at proving nothing
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Templar or Scoundrel

i will be playing barbarian and id guess more healing and sutch never hurt endgame. but if i find i lack some dmg and controll i will chose Scoundrel. even if i already hate hes face
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    Quote from Moxx

So instead of actually discussing how this isn't specualation, you attack the guy behind the arguement instead. This is called an ad hominem, and as I'm sure you know, is a logical fallacy. That means that I'm right and you're wrong, which in turn testifies to the vastness of your intellect and my total lack of same, right?. Lol. There'll be no negating the truth tonight dude, you lose and I win. Go lift some more steel, because you can't compete here.

Speculation-
    1. To speculate
    2. Guess
    3. A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.

Seeing as we know the abilities of all the `followers based on the characters we plan to use we can come to a conclusion of which follower we want to use. Of course eventually it will become apparent which follower is best out of all of them.

Also about 90% of this forum is speculation until Diablo 3 finally comes out, so all you're adding here is negativity and bitchyness. You negative Nancy.
    Quote from Designation15

Quote from Moxx

Speculation-
    1. To speculate
    2. Guess
    3. A message expressing an opinion based on incomplete evidence.

Seeing as we know the abilities of all the `followers based on the characters we plan to use we can come to a conclusion of which follower we want to use. Of course eventually it will become apparent which follower

Also about 90% of this forum is speculation until Diablo 3 finally comes out, so all you're adding here is negativity and bitchyness. You negative Nancy.

his 'awesome' rep and user rating says it all. hes a very angry troll, i dont think ive ever seen moxx post something posative or supportive, nor post an argument without being angry/rude about it.
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from WishedHeHadBeta

speculating on what is better is speculating. choosing what type you want isnt speculating, its your personal choice based on your preference of play style, that is all. you would speculate on your own play style? of course not. GJ at proving nothing

Naw bro, naw. You just don't get it.

You're right that speculation on which follower is best for various things is, indeed, speculation, but why do you exclude the rest? Answer this for me please. Your logical rundown on how this isn't speculation is still missing, too.

You may have a sound idea of what playstyle you prefer, most of us do, but you still don't know how Diablo 3 plays, especially since you don't even have access to the damn beta (judging by your name). So let's say you can't get enough of swinging big heaving things at people, you're the barbarian type. That's a fact based on past experience with other similar games, but you have no experience with diablo 3. So even though you know you love to swing heavy things at people, you can't safely assume that you will continue to in diablo 3, nor can you safely assume that this and that follower will suit your fetish for heavy things, because you don't have experience with any of them. You can assume things, and make educated guesses, but you just cannot know.
    And that's only part of the problem, because the game is still subject to change too. So what you seem to think you know today maybe completely different tomorrow. I don't think that needs to be explained in greater detail, but it boils down to the fact that you can't state facts based on things you have zero direct experience with. The beta doesn't count here.

GJ at proving nothing

Right back at ya brotato, why so mad tho?
    Ne frustra vixisse videar.
    Quote from Designation15

I didn't start the arguement, the guy with no beta access ever did. I just stated my opinion on it, and someone chose to start calling me names. Why is he not blamed?

his 'awesome' rep and user rating says it all. hes a very angry troll, i dont think ive ever seen moxx post something posative or supportive, nor post an argument without being angry/rude about it.

I've not been on these forums for very long, but my reputation is rising. I'm not in the least bit angry (you are though, with all the name calling you have to resort to), I just love to argue. If you have never seen me post anything "posative" or supportive, then you either have very selective memory or you just want to portray me in a negative light, I know the last one is true, but the first probably is too.
    Quote from Moxx

Quote from Designation15

I didn't start the arguement, the guy with no beta access ever did. I just stated my opinion on it, and someone chose to start calling me names. Why is he not blamed?

By adding nothing but negativity and saying "Hurr all speculation durr useless thread" you are adding nothing to the conversation. Would you go to a physics lab studying the possibility of string theory and tell them that their work is useless because it's all "speculation"?
    I like all 3 followers equally. If you like to do lots of damage without defensive skills you can use the templar or enchantress. If you use alot of defensive skills you can use the scoundrel. It all depends on your playstyle. I don't mind at all when the follower goes back to town when you join real players since they are better then followers. If I don't have any friends online I'll defiently use the followers.
    Quote from Moxx

Naw bro, naw. You just don't get it.

You're right that speculation on which follower is best for various things is, indeed, speculation, but why do you exclude the rest? Answer this for me please. Your logical rundown on how this isn't speculation is still missing, too.

You may have a sound idea of what playstyle you prefer, most of us do, but you still don't know how Diablo 3 plays, especially since you don't even have access to the damn beta (judging by your name). So let's say you can't get enough of swinging big heaving things at people, you're the barbarian type. That's a fact based on past experience with other similar games, but you have no experience with diablo 3. So even though you know you love to swing heavy things at people, you can't safely assume that you will continue to in diablo 3, nor can you safely assume that this and that follower will suit your fetish for heavy things, because you don't have experience with any of them. You can assume things, and make educated guesses, but you just cannot know.
    And that's only part of the problem, because the game is still subject to change too. So what you seem to think you know today maybe completely different tomorrow. I don't think that needs to be explained in greater detail, but it boils down to the fact that you can't state facts based on things you have zero direct experience with. The beta doesn't count here.

your acting like people dont know how to play diablo. its a dungeon crawler ARPG. they all play slightly different but its the same type of game and you do the same things, pick skills and click click spam attack. thats like saying "oh you dont know how your going to play the new halo cuz its new" yes because every halo has played SOOO differently then the last right?

your logic is irrational and illogical. your trying very hard to make this about speculation when it clearly isnt. you shouldnt have to try to point out speculation, all speculation is very obvious, you can say its very obvious to you, but why not anyone else? guess everyone's dumb but you moxx? lol
    Quote from Designation15

By adding nothing but negativity and saying "Hurr all speculation durr useless thread" you are adding nothing to the conversation. Would you go to a physics lab studying the possibility of string theory and tell them that their work is useless because it's all "speculation"?

I'm not the only one adding negativity, the guy with minus beta access is too. Why are you kissing his ass? Like I stated previously, he started this arguement, I did not. Why is it I am doing everything wrong and it's completely fine for him to be condescending and calling me childish crap, you hypocrite.

I would not interfere with scientific endeavors ever, and your comparison is flawed. The scientific method will document and discover, add knowledge. Speculation doesn't do that, it's just imagining how things might be. Educated guessing is not science.

Quote from WishedHeHadBeta

your logic is irrational and illogical. your trying very hard to make this about speculation when it clearly isnt. you shouldnt have to try to point out speculation, all speculation is very obvious, you can say its very obvious to you, but why not anyone else? guess everyone's dumb but you moxx? lol

My logic is illogical, what? All speculation is very obvious? Clearly not at all to you. I've made my point but if you wont listen, I don't know how to help you. All you've been doing so far is attacking me and not my argument, and you are unable to back up anything you say. That logical rundown is still missing, something you continue to just ignore because you can't supply it.

This is my last response here, because this has gone far too off topic. If you want to discuss this further, send me a PM. I know neither of you will do this, because getting the last word will be too satisfying for you, but the offer is there.
    Quote from Moxx

This is my last response here, because this has gone far too off topic. If you want to discuss this further, send me a PM.

Smart move, and thank you.

Please everyone... do not reply to this here, PM if you wish to, lets get this back on topic ^_^.

I myself really cant answer this yet... until I see how everything plays out. I never was a fan of a NPC helping you out in this kind of game (hated them in d2.) So only time will tell, but even If I do, I have to agree with what others have said, will depend on what class im using for sure.
    Quote from Molster

Quote from Moxx

This is my last response here, because this has gone far too off topic. If you want to discuss this further, send me a PM.

Smart move, and thank you.

Please everyone... do not reply to this here, PM if you wish to, lets get this back on topic ^_^.

I myself really cant answer this yet... until I see how everything plays out. I never was a fan of a NPC helping you out in this kind of game (hated them in d2.) So only time will tell, but even If I do, I have to agree with what others have said, will depend on what class im using for sure.

This is you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeKTtkH_8Tc&feature=watch_response
    I really don't like mercs, hirelings, or "followers". The only game I think that has pulled it off for me was dungeon siege 2, but that game is kinda off in it's own wonky little world.

I would much rather just have a stronger character with either more abilities or higher stats, it makes your character feel more powerful, more is left to the direct control of the player rather than the stupid UI of a pet.

That's where I stand. I think the merc should eat a giant dck in the higher difficulties, or it should come at the cost of something to your character because it's just more screen clutter for me. I haven't been a fan of pokemon for a decade.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    Probably scoundrel, when i'm not playing with my brother.
    Melee + Templar - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/follower#1100
    He will stay close and help in extreme situations. I feel that melee characters need a melee friend in battle.
    Demon Hunter + Scoundrel - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/follower#!0101
    Just DH and a half in the game =)
    Witch Doctor and Wizard + Enchantress- http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/follower#!!0011

Also I feel that having a Templar with the non-melee characters will feel like he's a pet - "Go fetch, boy!". I'm going to choose my follower according to the class I'm playing with... as above -> Barb, Monk - Templar // Demon Hunter - Scoundrel // Witch Doctor, Wizard - Enchantress.
    I didn't play with Merc in D2, but I will give them a chance in D3.
    I'm also curious if the follower active skills will be activated by the player or the followers themselves? Does anybody know?
    The cause and the cure.
    FOR all my all game life ..for blizzrad!!!
    I'm going to speculate that I will use the Templar with my wizard.... oh wait, that's not speculation, I'm DEFINITELY going to do that.
    Changed my mind.
    If you do receive some sort of bonus for not going with a follower (which I do recall them considering), I will go without one.
    I did earlier choose the templar for their healing but I am one of the few that think that the barbarian will not have survival issues. So, I rather increase my damage output and go with enchantress reflect missiles, powered armor, focused mind and scorched earth. I would go without one but without the incentive of a bonus, I feel like it would be a bad call for hardcore nightmare / inferno.
    Black Swordsman
    Hi, first post here :)
    I really like the templar. Heal sounds good.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes