Rare and Champion Loot > Boss Loot

Poll: The magic drop chance on Rares and Champions is greater than Bos

The magic drop chance on Rares and Champions is greater than Bos - Single Choice

• Indifferent (I don't care. Just let me play!) 17.1%
  • Bad (Why?) 12.6%
  • Good (Why?) 70.3%
    I voted yes

The game is properly gonna be awesome looking thrue out the entire game, so it will be nice seeing it ALL in sted of just the path down too loot bosses like in D2, now you can enjoy the game and get good loot
    Social life, we had a good run! But it's time for a break, i'll miss you
    I like this change, it was so boring to rush to a boss kill it then leave. This will be much more interesting just doing runs of full acts.
    It's a good thing as long as the quality of the loot doesn't have a higher ceiling. I want everything in the Inferno difficulty to have the chance to drop the very very best loot. I don't mind that Champs and Rares have a better chance to drop. :)
    If every boss in inferno had the same drop tables, and there would be no waypoints nearby making you walk through dungeons at least 20min to reach em would be better. You actually know where you're walking towards, you have an actual goal instead of just walking around randomly searching for champions.

Quote from Daemaro

I like this change, it was so boring to rush to a boss kill it then leave. This will be much more interesting just doing runs of full acts.

+1
    Quote from Daemaro

Very much this.
    The question isn't why do I kill. The question is, why I don't kill everybody.
    Quote from venom1stas

Good because bossfights favour single target dps builds since 99% of your dps will go on one tartget.
    Champion and rare fights will often occur in pack mobs in random cirtumstances which means there can never be an ideal spec to farm items.

yeah .. boss fights never have any minions/add its just pure 1 target .. NOT

come on in ever yboss fight theres shit of high lvl mobs & rares ... its gives u bigger chance to get a rare IF u go & kill a boss cos there must be at least 1 near the boss (i mean end act bosses)
    >> I'm not a psychopath I'm a high-functioning sociopath
    I voted bad. Although all of us are voting in the dark on this, with no idea how it actually plays out, and I'd definitely reconsider my opinion on this if it's enjoyable.

The main reason I voted bad was because bosses seem to have been much improved from previous Diablo games, mechanics wise. If they put all this effort into making interesting and engaging boss fights that actually required strategy, I would think you should get the best loot from them.

If they are dead-set on this though, I would love to see some cosmetic things you could get only from Inferno mode bosses (such as dyes, ornaments for your banner, etc).
    I voted good, coz gearing up in d2 say barbarian for top pve frenzy takes a shitload of time farming bosses for runes and very rare uniques, i hope good drop from champions will reduce farming time from 1 year to 3-4 months

And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell. Ten fathoms deep on the road to hell...
    I have a thought on this.
    Blizzard's philosophy is letting people kill whatever they want in Inferno to get good loot, last I checked.

This is counter to that philosophy.

Hear me out: Sure this is a step towards that philosophy by making people able to do things other than boss runs, but it is still contradictory to the philosophy in truth - just on the opposite end of the spectrum.

Why? Some people out there LIKE boss runs. This is making them completely UNABLE to perform the action they enjoy and still get good loot. So it is actually restricting some people from doing what they want within the game.
    Lead Content Author, http://www.tgr-net.com
    It's nice because you can farm items wherever you want.
    you're not bound to Boss-Locations.
    Honour - Respect - Fast Fists
    I'm just thinking if bosses have a LOWER % chance to drop good items, AND are harder to kill, why would anyone bother?

I am worried MFing will involve no main boss killing at all, which is very lame (to me).

I am all for killing champions and getting good items, my favorite places to MF in D2 were The Pits, CS, The Mausoleum, cows, ect...I also liked killing bosses though. I feel like if they make champions have a higher % chance to drop better items, it won't be worth it to do boss runs.
    Easy, Lucky, Free
    God, yes. I've done so many Baal and Mephisto runs that if bosses still dropped the best loot, it'd be a huuuuuge flaw in the game for me, ruining a lot of enjoyment.
    i dont think boss runs are completely out of the loop...
    ..many people still will do them, cause if they know that there is a % to find good loot, even if small, they will go after them since they know bosses are in fixed places, contrary to the champions..
    ..so they can try lets say, 3 boss runs, to have one sucess...
    on the other hand they champions appear random, so they dont know exactly where to find them...
    if the bosses had same % drop with champions, nobody would waste time wandering around for to find a champ... they would all go to the place they know for sure they find the boss, even if the boss is more difficult to kill...
    thus, i believe its more balanced if the bosses have lower % for good loot than champs/rares!
    Quote from Vagelis4VP

i dont think boss runs are completely out of the loop...
    ..many people still will do them, cause if they know that there is a % to find good loot, even if small, they will go after them since they know bosses are in fixed places, contrary to the champions..
    ..so they can try lets say, 3 boss runs, to have one sucess...
    on the other hand they champions appear random, so they dont know exactly where to find them...
    if the bosses had same % drop with champions, nobody would waste time wandering around for to find a champ... they would all go to the place they know for sure they find the boss, even if the boss is more difficult to kill...
    thus, i believe its more balanced if the bosses have lower % for good loot than champs/rares!

Well in D2 they where kinda in fixed places, well atleast I can mention alot that was.

We don't know how many and where they will be. But if it's a little like D2, they will be way easier too find and less time comsuming then boss rung. But then again, you could properly run into some on youre way to the boss....
    Social life, we had a good run! But it's time for a break, i'll miss you
    I think the random locations of the champions offsets the chance at better loot. So you'll still either go to the bosses and maybe get lucky on the way, or run around areas looking for champs and better loot, but maybe not find one.

If the bosses have the best loot AND predictable locations, then there is really only the option to run straight to them, if you want to maximize yer drops.
    Terrible.

Fightning boss is more fun because his well scripted and have half decent AI. Rare monster are random mindless bots with super powers.

Not to mention the fact that Rare monster looks all the same (as long as they have the same proprieties) while bosses tends to be completly different fights.

After playing D3 for a while, fightning Leoric and the event just before you fight him is the only thing that kep me going. I simply can't imagine myself playing that game to kill illusionist champion bats or stuff alike (to poor AI to be fun).
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    If you look at the beta... and they've said that things are toned DOWN a lot for the first act... you can typically run into 2-3 SETS of champion/rare monsters per 'dungeon'. Sometimes 5-6. I doubt that people are going to have 'trouble' finding champions since they're probably going to be MORE common at higher difficulties since they want to make it easy for us by reducing the numbers of nearly everything for act 1 normal.
    Lead Content Author, http://www.tgr-net.com
    I also think they went in the right direction, by us havinng to loot champion/elite, not as repetative as boss runs, different locations for champs, different abilities on them, i think it will be way more fun this way, and it will keep the game fresh, by not doing all the same runs all the time....
    I think their system is perfect. If bosses drop better loot than normal mobs, and rares spawn randomly and drop better loot than bosses, you may as well pick an area a ways before a boss and search for rares all the way up to the boss, then kill the boss since it's a guaranteed chance at better drops (just not quite as good as the rares you were looking for on the way).

Makes perfect sense to me.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes