Free diablo 3

Quote from Molster

Quote from phoenixed

I REALLY hate to rain on peoples parades....
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

My Account is years and and I thought within good standing. Heck I even just paid a month so that I'd become eligible to this promotion. Opened a ticket and hopefully get this resolved. Until than look into and see if you are even eligible.

yeah that just means you have a locked account, aka it was probaly hacked at some time...

So because something silly has happened I get punished. Oh fantastic... if that's what the GM say's I want a refund and I won't even play D3 or SC2 anymore. Like wtf.
    Quote from Peace

Quote from Molster

Quote from Peace

Ew.

They're really trying to squeeze as much money out of D3 as they possibly can, aren't they? It sickens me that they have to pull this maneuver just to bribe people into maintaining a WoW subscription. Personally I have nothing against WoW, but when it takes large hits from SWTOR, Blade and Soul, and GuldWars 2 I'll be jumping with joy.

They're treating Diablo 3 as a tool, and that upsets me.

why? they are one company... this is what a company should do. They fact they that came up with this idea is very impressive.

It isn't impressive. It's actually an extremely obvious business decision. They turn Diablo III into a gimmick to attract a dying WoW subscription base, and then smother the news with a new cinematic and lore video. It's a dirty trick, and you can't deny that.

No, its not a dirty trick, its a fantastic and smart idea. Its getting people like me, who were done with wow to pay or a FULL YEAR, it was the push I needed to keep playing, thats not dirty, thats smart on them. If we didnt want to keep playing, we still wouldnt.

Hands down its a smart move, and no "dirty". Use a high profile product to increase profits... uhh... thats the point of a company.
    Wow isn't dying as much as people would like to believe and this is a good opportunity to get a package of two things you want. If you don't like it, don't pay for it.
    Quote from phoenixed

Quote from Molster

Quote from phoenixed

My Account is years and and I thought within good standing. Heck I even just paid a month so that I'd become eligible to this promotion. Opened a ticket and hopefully get this resolved. Until than look into and see if you are even eligible.

yeah that just means you have a locked account, aka it was probaly hacked at some time...

So because something silly has happened I get punished. Oh fantastic... if that's what the GM say's I want a refund and I won't even play D3 or SC2 anymore. Like wtf.

what are you talking about? if your account was hacked it was used for illega ingame actions... so yes they would close it. the will simply re-open it once they know your in control, just chill =P
    I'm not a WoW player and I plan to buy just Diablo III.

But when I checked my account and have seen D3 at the top I almost fainted.

Then I realized it was not the beta and really fainted.

Evil Blizzard.
    Quote from Molster

Quote from phoenixed

Quote from Molster

Quote from phoenixed

what are you talking about? if your account was hacked it was used for illega ingame actions... so yes they would close it. the will simply re-open it once they know your in control, just chill =P

If they do ... you are a god to me. Thank you Authenticator!
    Quote from pikke

I'm not a WoW player and I plan to buy just Diablo III.

But when I checked my account and have seen D3 at the top I almost fainted.

Then I realized it was not the beta and really fainted.

Evil Blizzard.

Yeah I agree. that did suck =P
    Quote from Molster

Quote from Peace

Quote from Molster

Quote from Peace

Ew.

They're really trying to squeeze as much money out of D3 as they possibly can, aren't they? It sickens me that they have to pull this maneuver just to bribe people into maintaining a WoW subscription. Personally I have nothing against WoW, but when it takes large hits from SWTOR, Blade and Soul, and GuldWars 2 I'll be jumping with joy.

why? they are one company... this is what a company should do. They fact they that came up with this idea is very impressive.

It isn't impressive. It's actually an extremely obvious business decision. They turn Diablo III into a gimmick to attract a dying WoW subscription base, and then smother the news with a new cinematic and lore video. It's a dirty trick, and you can't deny that.

No, its not a dirty trick, its a fantastic and smart idea. Its getting people like me, who were done with wow to pay or a FULL YEAR, it was the push I needed to keep playing, thats not dirty, thats smart on them. If we didnt want to keep playing, we still wouldnt.

Hands down its a smart move, and no "dirty". Use a high profile product to increase profits... uhh... thats the point of a company.

I don't think you understand. This move isn't brilliant; in the world of business, this move was commonplace. A high-school student interested in business could've pulled this one off.

You yourself admit to "keep playing" simply because you want D3 for free. Now they've gained a WoW subscriber. It's as simple as that. They're going to milk D3 for all its worth just to play the numbers game with competing MMOs. It saddens me that they need to exploit one of their own games to do so, especially a game that's generally regarded as the "tertiary option" of Blizzard games. They're throwing D3 in free like a salesman throws in an extra car wash after your 5th visit, and frankly that's just sad.
    The final test of the Serpent's Form takes place in "The Pit of 12 Vipers." The initiates are not told about the 13th.
    Quote from Peace

Quote from Molster

Quote from Peace

Quote from Molster

Quote from Peace

Ew.

I don't think you understand. This move isn't brilliant; in the world of business, this move was commonplace. A high-school student interested in business could've pulled this one off.

You yourself admit to "keep playing" simply because you want D3 for free. Now they've gained a WoW subscriber. It's as simple as that. They're going to milk D3 for all its worth just to play the numbers game with competing MMOs. It saddens me that they need to exploit one of their own games to do so, especially a game that's generally regarded as the "tertiary option" of Blizzard games. They're throwing D3 in free like a salesman throws in an extra car wash after your 5th visit, and frankly that's just sad.

And you just said that a highchool stude would know this move...so then why is it sad?

Im sorry but people are just going to QQ over anything...

Its fantastic..its doing what they need it to do. no one at all saw this coming, so no, not anyone would have that of this.
    Quote from Peace

Quote from Molster

Quote from Peace

Quote from Molster

Quote from Peace

Ew.

I hate to break it for you but Blizzard isn't a non-profit company, they don't do games because they want to spread joy and rainbows, they do it to earn money!

They earn more money if they can get people to buy another year of wow instead of only buying D3 alone.
    Molster,

I understand you are excited about this offer, but just deleting my post because I criticize Pandaren ain't cool. This topics ties WoW and DIII together in this thread. So in this thread, you shouldn't just delete people's posts because they mention critical viewpoints relevant to the decision making on WoW subscriptions. This is in fact directly related to your thread. I'd consider that abuse of mod-powers.

tyvm.
    if this approach lead to more money and part of those money are reinvested in game developing....well, that's fine with me.
    Nice one Blizzard. Giving WoW players to play D3 for free while Diablo fans that do not want to play WoW no deals. This is just lame. I was just starting to get back in the mood to play D3 after getting the bad news in August but now I am again angry with Blizzard.
    Go go go Blizzard! It was nice move from them. Getting so low and making one of their biggest franchise free just to make more subscribers on this dying game...
    I don't think anybody is disputing the fact that it is a good money-making strategy from Blizz. This is pretty much undeniable I believe.

It rather has to do with the value of the diablo series in fans' eyes. We've waited so long for this, that D3 thrown as a freebie- accessory to WoW- is somewhat of a veiled insult to many diablo fans.

This game was supposed to stop the world from ending in 2012.
    It was supposed to help you get that multiple orgasm you've heard so much about.
    It was supposed to help you pass your exams without studying.

But now alas none of these great things are possible. It's just WoW's bitch like we all suspected it was but didn't want to admit.

*Dramatic scene over*

Logically speaking, it shouldn't really affect anybody though. Those looking to play WoW will have a great deal and the rest can just buy the game as they meant to do in the first place.
    Quote from Nekrodrac

This game was supposed to stop the world from ending in 2012.
    It was supposed to help you get that multiple orgasm you've heard so much about.
    It was supposed to help you pass your exams without studying.

But now alas none of these great things are possible. It's just WoW's bitch like we all suspected it was but didn't want to admit.

/tears

I agree with the rest of what you said, too. Personally, it won't make a difference to me. I'm going to buy the game just as I was before anyway. And all the people who were going to continue to play WoW get a free game. The only people it really makes a difference with are the ones who were on the fence with WoW and now have an extra push to pay for more WoW time.
    I really hope that one will be able to download the game prior to the actual release. It would suck to have to download it at release and then sit there for hours downloading and then installing. Anyone know how it was done with Starcraft 2?
    Quote from Mance_Rayder

I really hope that one will be able to download the game prior to the actual release. It would suck to have to download it at release and then sit there for hours downloading and then installing. Anyone know how it was done with Starcraft 2?

once you have done this, the text changes to "pre-download is not released" so.. looks like you will be able to.
    I think most TRUE Diablo fans will buy the game to have it in their hands and collector's edition as well, because as i know this deal is giving you only a digital copy of the game.
    ANy1 else thinking:

"Fuck that, I preordered Skyrim"

?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes