[Official] Release Date Speculation Thread

Quote from Eskhata

Ok, here's my guess.
    Source : http://www.diablofan...-bugs-reported/

I know it's a little (too much) conspiracy-like, but I can see a "hidden release date" in that blue post :
    5092 bugs. Well, who cares?... oh wait it's been written two times. 5092 + 5092. Mmhhh...
    Ok , here it is: (50) 9/2 + (50) 9/2 equals (100) 18/4. Do you see anything? February 9th, next blizzard conference call date.
    And it leads to April 18th , release date!!!!!!! Now what's that (100) for? I think it's something like "hell yeah, 100% sure it's our release date!"
    K k... I know the way out :)

Peace!

Don't want to be a dick but 9/2 + 9/2 isn*t equal 18/4.... sorry bro :/
    But good guess anyway
    Quote from Eskhata

Ok, here's my guess.
    Source : http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/216299-congratulations-5000-forums-bugs-reported/

I know it's a little (too much) conspiracy-like, but I can see a "hidden release date" in that blue post :
    5092 bugs. Well, who cares?... oh wait it's been written two times. 5092 + 5092. Mmhhh...
    Ok , here it is: (50) 9/2 + (50) 9/2 equals (100) 18/4. Do you see anything? February 9th, next blizzard conference call date.
    And it leads to April 18th , release date!!!!!!! Now what's that (100) for? I think it's something like "hell yeah, 100% sure it's our release date!"

Peace!

Very optimistic lol.

I read that post as it took 5 months to find 5000 bugs, then cheers to 5000 more(or at least 5 more months of beta). :(
    Quote from Sirrio

Quote from Eskhata

Ok, here's my guess.
    Source : http://www.diablofan...-bugs-reported/

Peace!

But good guess anyway

5092 has nothing to do with 50 (9/2) either. 50(9/2/) is actually 450/2 = 225.
    Quote from Sirrio

But good guess anyway

No problem mate, but I didn't want to be "arithmetically correct" :D I added them separetely, one by one, like "(9 + 9) / (2 + 2)" , not as 2 fractions heheh :P

"We'll be cookin' on the road to Releaseville"
    Quote from Eskhata

Quote from Sirrio

But good guess anyway

No problem mate, but I didn't want to be "arithmetically correct" :D I added them separetely, one by one, like "(9 + 9) / (2 + 2)" , not as 2 fractions heheh :P

9/2 + 9/2 = 18/2 which is 9, so ya february 9th. WOOT
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Any chance blizzard will make the beta open to all prior to the release date? Maybe change it to a demo format? Not actually sure of the difference, but i think they used a demo for diablo 2.
    ok heres my calculation

jay wilson uses the loo 5 times a day during a normal work day, 5 x 6 = 30 (6 day week)

the diablo team have 46 parking spaces = 46

24 of them smoke = 24

12 of them wear white socks = 12

21 of them are women 11 of them go commando = 32

if you add all that it, it comes to 144

now if you multiply that by how many bugs are in the latest report which is 5092 you get a total of

now if u add em...... 7+3 = 10 3+2 = 5 4+8 = 12 gives us 10 5 12

now if you subract the amount of diablo games from the 2nd number.......5 - 3 = 2

add that 2 to the 1st nimber 10+2 = 12

and if you fit it all together...well my friends i give you

12 - 3 - 12

hehehehehehehe
    Quote from Afro_DemonHunter

Any chance blizzard will make the beta open to all prior to the release date? Maybe change it to a demo format? Not actually sure of the difference, but i think they used a demo for diablo 2.

nope. zero. they've commented and said they will not do an open beta and the demo will come AFTER release... :/
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    @FreddyBenson

You totally owned my calculations :D I give you credit for that...

"We'll be cookin' on the road to Releaseville"
    Quote from JaundiceBunny

So i just went to Daeity's (yeah yeah whatever) site and found this:

This isn't made up:

US (NEW) - http://us.battle.net...10_21_2011#blog
    EU (OLD) - http://eu.battle.net...en/blog/3170106

Also this on the EU forums: http://eu.battle.net...opic/3269839265

All the articles are globally released, meaning everyone is suppose to be the exact same. The difference is still there...so no early release for us?!?!?!

Edit: And since I'm not a web aficionado, I can't get the initial US one before the change to 100% confirm it.

A tweet from Bashiok about it (http://twitter.com/#...705098294833152):

Why the change? http://i.imgur.com/1PSnh.jpg Legal aspect or do you need more polishing time ?

That change was made a few months ago. No reason. Just a better idea to not have it in print all over the place "just in case".

This is probably nothing...

But what still confuses me is that the EU one is still the same...
    According to jeuxvideo.com the game will be released at March 28 ( http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/2012/00056085-une-date-de-sortie-pour-diablo-iii.htm ). Still I think it's pure speculation, I'll only believe any date given by Blizzard and only Blizzard. Still it's still on Q1 interval
    Quote from killer0178

According to jeuxvideo.com the game will be released at March 28 ( http://www.jeuxvideo...-diablo-iii.htm ). Still I think it's pure speculation, I'll only believe any date given by Blizzard and only Blizzard. Still it's still on Q1 interval

I've also saw that, but not official if it isn't from Blizz themselves! :Thumbs Up:
    hey guys

Freddy's girlfriend here (my pc not on and lazy to log into my account)

the day of announcement is just over the horizon

ive been a user on this website for many years , good to see some old faces are still here, been playing D2 since live not like freddy, hes a newbie and thinks he knows the game cos he reads forums :P i will show him what hardcore really is.....i havent been on fans.com since last summer, i got bummed out over certain delays

freddy has been passing info on to me by giggling or laughing at trolls and suspect release dates, i usually say 'yeah, we shall see'........but the last couple of days have caught my eye

dont like the changes one bit, ok some dont affect my style of play or what i want to get out of it...i want a badass female demon hunter who will kick the god holy shit out of any man / demon that stands in her way
    some are part of diablo I, II, now they are gone :boom:

but hey, who are we to complain, diablo 3 is its own game, its own breed, it has to lose old ways to move on to the future

as for release date, i really have to agree with freddy and some of you guys march looks very likely

once the game is live i will ponder coming back to the site, i dont like blogs or forums anymore, too many negative people out there

so to rid the world of it, im sending a force of T-1000s to destroy any troll that lays amongst us :ban:

so yes comrades, i will see you on that faithful day, keep your heads up, February is gone be great month :kitty:
    Quote from JaundiceBunny

I've also saw that, but not official if it isn't from Blizz themselves! :Thumbs Up:

Not only is it unofficial, but it may well piss them off enough to move it out a few weeks while finding a way to punish the leaker.

Remember the potential blizcon in vegas?
    Quote from Gheed2010

Quote from JaundiceBunny

Not only is it unofficial, but it may well piss them off enough to move it out a few weeks while finding a way to punish the leaker.

Remember the potential blizcon in vegas?

doubt that would happen, would it? i cant see them doing that over a website saying a date, if that was the case then we on the forums are delaying it with our random dates /shits hits the fan

but i dont know about vegas, what happened?
    Quote from FreddyBenson

IIRC, someone at the vegas convention center (which is huge, has a monorail stop the strip, and would generally be an awesome place for a bcon) leaked a potential schedule. (Here's the speculative part:) Someone in Irvine got pissed, and realized that the entire thing would be much harder to control than doing it a few miles up the 5 in Anaheim, and killed it. They probably also didn't shed tears at the idea of the leaker getting in trouble.

The thing is, with digital downloads, Bliz has more leverage than ever, excepting the REAL big dogs like Target or Walmart, I wouldn't be shocked to see them freeze out a retailer for the week of release if they did a big, obvious leak. Of course, if Vegas is hard to control, imagine trying to keep a leash on retailers in Asia or Europe...
    Quote from Gheed2010

Quote from FreddyBenson

IIRC, someone at the vegas convention center (which is huge, has a monorail stop the strip, and would generally be an awesome place for a bcon) leaked a potential schedule. (Here's the speculative part:) Someone in Irvine got pissed, and realized that the entire thing would be much harder to control than doing it a few miles up the 5 in Anaheim, and killed it. They probably also didn't shed tears at the idea of the leaker getting in trouble.

The thing is, with digital downloads, Bliz has more leverage than ever, excepting the REAL big dogs like Target or Walmart, I wouldn't be shocked to see them freeze out a retailer for the week of release if they did a big, obvious leak. Of course, if Vegas is hard to control, imagine trying to keep a leash on retailers in Asia or Europe...

a schedule at a convention center VS. releasing a game globablly.

ya i can see where those are similar. blizzard would totally freeze out a retailer and delay profits out of spite. what company wouldnt? thats just smart business
    Quote from WishedHeHadBeta

thats just smart business

Almost as smart as taking a dozen years to make a sequel to a monster hit. Or buying a studio just to close it a year later. Or selling out to a guy like Kotick. Or totally missing the sweet spot of a title's popularity with a movie version because of creative control issues.

Yet the bumblebee flies.
    Quote from Gheed2010

Quote from WishedHeHadBeta

thats just smart business

Almost as smart as taking a dozen years to make a sequel to a monster hit. Or buying a studio just to close it a year later. Or selling out to a guy like Kotick. Or totally missing the sweet spot of a title's popularity with a movie version because of creative control issues.

Yet the bumblebee flies.

yea because those things again are comparable to freezing out a retailer out of spite. they arent 12 year olds. lol
    just realised that february is in a couple of days

few things are gona happen

lots of people will be frothing at the mouth waiting for any news to come in

the trolls become more unstable as another month has passed

Fake dates are gona rise up everywhere

blizzard will give us snipets of news that will just give the right amount of information that will drive us crazy (in a good way)

PIZZA & BEER MONTH!!!!!!!!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes