[Official] Release Date Speculation Thread

Quote from Corpsie

They are still doing stress testing, they are putting the fans blood vessels to the test.

I give up, See y'all in June.

Yeah, see you tomorrow Corpsie :D
    Maybe you should read my edit GHHB. And I never made a bet with you. If anything, you should give me money for thinking we had a bet.
    I don't always burn. But when I do, I use hellfire.
    If it's Mike Morhaime who directs Bashiok and Jay to play with us like this, I really think he should change his name to Mike MoreHype...
    Quote from AceWombat

If it's Mike Morhaime who directs Bashiok and Jay to play with us like this, I really think he should change his name to Mike MoreHype...

mikes a billionaire, he doesnt care much about his customers anymore

back in 2005-2007 he was a big voice at blizz, now you hear from him once or twice a year
    Right, but there has to be someone on top who's pulling the strings... Mike fits ;p
    Quote from AceWombat

Right, but there has to be someone on top who's pulling the strings... Mike fits ;p

ofc he has the say in things, but when it comes to communications bash is the manager & jay is the diablo boss, they are responsible for what they say, and should know better

ok dont get me wrong, have a laugh with your coustomers is good, but when things get serious, dont keep the fire burning
    I can't believe there's not been more said about the tweet from Jay last night saying "We're doing stress testing on the servers which is what is causing that. It should not be there in release."

In Most cases stress testing comes very very late (think of all the MMOs that have a stress test weekend and how soon release is after that), if they're genuinely at the stress testing stage it's fairly safe to assume that the game is 'finished' now. I'd be suprised if there isn't an announcement on the release within the week unless something goes very wrong.
    Quote from Drkclone

Maybe you should read my edit GHHB. And I never made a bet with you. If anything, you should give me money for thinking we had a bet.

pffffft. lies. ill get my money one way or another clone!

u said you'd give me a grand if we got the release date this week :D
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    jay just tweeted some good tweets, im useless at linking indivdual tweets

1) he said that he just finshed playing INFERNO 4 player co-op and died alot

thats great news that we will still get our asses kicked

2) in response to a presons question abut tuning, they said its a sign of delay, in which jay said its not a delay its what you do at the end

hope that clears a few things up for people, lets all be friends agin and hug :)

https://twitter.com/#!/Angryrobotics
    Wow.. soon as he's allowed to say.. my tinfoil hat is frimly in place now.. no announcment till after panda tour
    yep looks like they are at the end aka doing last tunes for inferno thats some good news
    I just mean, I was under the immpression that they would announce as soon as they knew. With this:

"you'll know as soon as I'm allowed to say. And no, I'm not allowed to say when that is."

Seems like they do know, and are supposed to hold it for a bit for some reason. Aka panda tour
    Quote from snowhammer

I just mean, I was under the immpression that they would announce as soon as they knew. With this:

"you'll know as soon as I'm allowed to say. And no, I'm not allowed to say when that is."

Seems like they do know, and are supposed to hold it for a bit for some reason. Aka panda tour

i totally agree.
    Quote from snowhammer

I usually try not to hype myself from stuff like these but it could mean that April 17th is still a very plausible possibility.
    Quote from snowhammer

yep could be

they prob had a big meeting last month after the share holders meeting about when to announce it

after two hours of discussions mike prob just said

" say it after we talk about MoP, not before as we want to focus on MoP for a week"

p.s "do not tell anyone that the game will go live on april 29th"
    Quote from Gnarf

Quote from snowhammer

I usually try not to hype myself from stuff like these but it could mean that April 17th is still a very plausible possibility.

yep i think is still possible they just dont wanna steal the spotlight from pandas with d3 announce thats pretty good theory :)
    Quote from Gnarf

Quote from snowhammer

My thoughts exactly :)
    http://diablo.incgamers.com/

german warehouse
    Quote from FreddyBenson

Quote from snowhammer

yep could be

they prob had a big meeting last month after the share holders meeting about when to announce it

after two hours of discussions mike prob just said

" say it after we talk about MoP, not before as we want to focus on MoP for a week"

p.s "do not tell anyone that the game will go live on april 29th"

if that is the case why is D3 taking the backseat to WoW. WoW is old news it has had its time in the sun. It's like having to wait for the bloated fat guy to go through the door before you can... I think they know that D3 will outshine MoP
    TBH bud they have to threat each game equally

it wouldnt be good if it was like the Macintosh team vs the Apple II team
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes