Incoming ''radical changes'' for Demon Hunter class (blue link inside)

Directly from the EU-it forums:

Stiamo cambiando radicalmente la gestione delle risorse del Cacciatore di Demoni, inclusi anche dei cambiamenti al livello di unlock delle abilitĂ , all'uso delle risorse ed altro ancora.

Translation

We are radically changing the resources management for the Demon Hunter, including changes to unlocking skills, resources management and more.

Source

http://eu.battle.net/d3/it/forum/topic/2679888421?page=1#3

_
    Loque
    http://diablogging.blogspot.com
    They're actually just changing the ingredients and the cooking time for their favourite dish: Demon Cacciatore.

Good find either way! ;)
    Lead Content Author, http://www.tgr-net.com
    I hope it doesnt take long, these drastic changes may push the game to 2012 :/
    4 split resource orb incoming!

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from Nanthao5

I hope it doesnt take long, these drastic changes may push the game to 2012 :/

Worst friday news/speculation Ive heard in weeks.

This is not good news for those of us actually dieing for a release date.
    I blame Sixen! ;)
    I look forward to these changes if they happen. I was not 100% satisfied with the resource management provided by the passives.
    Honestly, the Demon Hunter resource seems wonky. Not the split resource, but Hatred itself. You are just basically always out of it, and when are you out of it what can you do? There isn't a lot of decent management without forcing the hand of your build, as there isn't a ton of Hatred generators.

I'm hoping that they keep Discipline as is and create a Hatred generation/spend system, ala the Monk and the Barbarian.
    Quote from snowhammer

I blame Sixen! ;)

I have to say though.

DH was the last class I was going to play. It was completely underwhelming if you ask me.

And I'm a Rogue at heart Snow!

I hope they make changes that perks my interest more.
    It seems to me as if they unlock an AE skill earlier (might be enough to up Hatred generation though given FoK at level 4) and ensures that hatred generation is decent things should be fine. I obviously do not know if they are thinking more radical changes than that.
    Seems like they wanted to eliminate the endless sheets of multi-arrow waves tearing across a screen from D2 but cutting of the juice to run that skill means that there needs to be a LOT of bang for the buck when you can use those skills (have the hatred) - but in a ranged class sniping one mob for insta-death then having nothing to do for 5 seconds would just suck.
    Wow srsly ? I'm impressed. I didn't know that Blizzard would give a damn about this.
    Why not have hatred be able to use both resources? And let discipline stick to discipline only.

Keep the rest the same.
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    Quote from Dagget

Quote from snowhammer

I blame Sixen! ;)

I have to say though.

DH was the last class I was going to play. It was completely underwhelming if you ask me.

And I'm a Rogue at heart Snow!

I hope they make changes that perks my interest more.

Yeah, I've actually felt the same way. I wasn't sure if it was because ranged / trappy kind of classes aren't usually my cup of tea or if somthing else was off. Hearing you say it was your last too makes me think there was somthing off maybe though.. we'll see how this goes. I'm hoping they've had the change in mind for a while, so it won't delay things much. But then.. why did they announce the recource page and the class overview pages? Hrmm

Quote from Deventh

Wow srsly ? I'm impressed. I didn't know that Blizzard would give a damn about this.

Why would you say this? Blizzard gives a dam* about every part of their game. Thats the scary part, if they aren't happy with somthing, they'd delay the game another 6 months if they needed to.
    Quote from Deventh

do you have any sense of logic at all? why would blizzard not care about their game and character design especially? they dont just litter us with half-arsed characters that no-one's going to play. come on, you can do better than this.
    Ne frustra vixisse videar.
    Are they changing Hatred & Discipline? Or are they simply modifying the Demon Hunter's skills and passives to fix resource issues? Hopefully it's the latter, otherwise a 2011 release date just got thrown out the window.
    "She's an absolute. Why just this last week I was. Ok look. I'm. Just take my advice." -Ungrien
    Quote from soulzek

Are they changing Hatred & Discipline? Or are they simply modifying the Demon Hunter's skills and passives to fix resource issues? Hopefully it's the latter, otherwise a 2011 release date just got thrown out the window.

Not necessarily. A resource change really isn't that hard to code /test. All that is required for that are numbers. Its the art involved in skills and animations that takes time.
    People are so fucking cynical. They have almost EVERYTHING down with the game, a little reource management for ONE class isnt going to hold a giant team like the one behind D3 back for months. You people need to find something other than this game that isnt even in the closed beta yet to occupy yourselves with, youre fucking losing your minds.
    Ne frustra vixisse videar.
    I, for one, am quite happy with this change. I plan to play the DH first but Hatred management seemed to be an issue, to the point where I felt one of my active skills *had* to be used for hatred generation. (I went with the bat companion.) I would really like to see a hatred generation/use system similar to the monks, while discipline is kept the same.

Edit: As a side note I do not feel that this will impact the release date in any way, this should be a relatively minor fix compared to ensuring the servers are stable etc.
    I hope they don't change it too much, I liked the concept a lot. But I do think they need a bit more... not control persay... but resource related customization. I do like the way it works, a lot like Arcane power for Hatred.
    Lead Content Author, http://www.tgr-net.com
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes