Cool LIttle Details

Hey Guys,

I thought I would start a thread to list some of the cool/minor details which you might overwise miss in gameplay videos etc.

Overall Game Stuff
    • Your Gold is shared across all characters, you also do not deposit gold in your stash
    • Your stash is shared amongst all characters automatically
    • Your Stash has 14 slots. You can buy an additional batch of 14 for 2,500g. On the current UI there is visually space for a total of 5 batches of 14 slots. This implies you can have up to 70 slots,
    • there are however 5 tabs of which 1 is active, so if each of these tabs allows for the purchase of up to 70 more slots, that would be a total of 350 slots per account. I assume that for each of the 5 tabs, the price for an additional 14 slots gets more and more expensive
    • You loot 'Page of Training' randomly, 5 become a "Book of Training" each book of training can be combined with gold/matierals to partially level up your blacksmith
    • Flying Mobs will actually fly up/down walls and such to attack you, which is a nice minor detail
    • If you have a spell that say, will hit up to 4 targets and you use it on 3, it will likely also destroy a nearby random object, such as a stone statue
    • You can use AOE spells to destroy large groups of barrels
    • There are popup windows (Like the "Killed 20 mobs!!" for destroying lots of objects at once
    • Your Blacksmith is shared amongst all your character, i.e. when you unlock the blacksmith on your second character (by questing early on), he is already whatever level your previous character got him too, and has all the same recipes.
    • You can SKIP! yes! on any in-game cutscene simply hit escape, you can then skip it and jump straight into the action, on any quest blurb, simply hitting the 'X' will stop them talking and give you the quest objective immediately!
    • When you choose to join someone else's game, say for example a friend who is a much lower level than you, your character temporarily resets his questing progress, you will share their quest objectives (as if its your first time there too) and can help complete quests by clicking on items etc. You even get the Gold/XP reward (but not any items)
    • Public games persist as long as someone's there, if I create a private game though it is mine, and at the point I choose to leave, everyone else will get kicked out too
    • When your follower or a party member dies, you can click on them to resurrect them, this takes a few seconds but they are resurrected at full health. Players must be clicked on within X seconds or they respawn at the most recent checkpoint
    • Your designed Banner is shared across all your characters (or at least copies over as the default, I haven't tried editing it)
    • You can inspect other players in your game by clicking on their character icon on the top left, the inspected player gets a message (e.g. "Baron Samedi is inspecting you")
    • Almost everything within the dungeons are destructable, chairs, piles of books etc, you can't target them or such, but setting off an AOE of any kind will generally destroy anything nearby.
    • You can loot link items just like World of Warcraft
    • Items you can't use are marked with a red X, items you aren't big enough for with a blue padlock
    • scraps (and possibly other materials) stack in piles of 100
    • you can buy back items previously sold to merchant like WoW

The Blacksmith
    • Once you get the Blacksmith, he can craft a small selection of low level Armor and Weapons, as well as repair your items
    • Whilst dungeoning, you find "Page of Training", mostly on bookshelves but also off mobs, corpses, chests, everything. These stack to 5(max) then can be right-clicked to turn into a "Book of Training"
    • When at the blacksmith, he has a 'level' tab, in here you see an experience bar and reagents required in order to level him up
    • For example, you use 1 book of training, a handful of the lowest level crafting materials and, 250g to train him 1/5 of the way towards level 2.
    • Each time you do this, he learns a few more recipes (2-5 I think)
    • When you train him the 5th time (end of the XP bar on his UI), there is a massive flash and his camp upgrades, (the stands for the armor laying on the ground improve, his furnace gets better etc).
    • It seems to take 5 Books per level, however the gold needed each time goes up drastically. I believe 1>2 was 250g, I honestly can't remember 2>3, but on 3>4 now its like 3,000g, so it becomes very expensive fast to upgrade him.
    • You can carry as many pages/books as you like, the pages only stack to 5 before rolling over to a new stack.
    • The "Book of Training" just went from 1x2 to 1x1 sized too.

Beta Specific Stuff
    • There seems to be no limit to how much you can level your BS in the Beta, mine is lvl4 and can now make loads of items I can't use
    • When crafting items with random properties, its already possible to craft one with a gem slot (Which sucks, since there are no gems in the beta
    • Level Cap is 13
    • The Skeleton King (last boss of Beta) will only drop a rare item (i got 2 in one go run) if its you're first time there (not sure what happens if you take a friend who's been there before). This may or may not be beta specific
    • Currently the only way to trade is to drop stuff on the floor, D1 Style
    • There's no sign of the dye mechanic in the beta
    Quote from Baron Samedi

Your Blacksmith is shared amongst all your character, i.e. when you unlock the blacksmith on your second character (by questing early on), he is already whatever level your previous character got him too, and has all the same recipes.

Welcome and thank you for this confirmation, been waiting on this quite some time.
    Updated with loads more stuff and broke it down to game/beta specific lists, if people like/want more please comment otherwise I'll give up :)

p.s. if there are any tiny details etc you'd like to know please ask!
    Hey, Baron (l33t machinima maker?)!

So, you will need 3 characters with each profession to be independent on everything?
    So this is the only way to upgrade your blacksmith. Finding pages/books of training? How many on average to level up to the next level? Is it minor increases kind of thing or major increases in what they can craft?

How many levels are there for the Blacksmith to level up? If this is only 3/4 of Act 1 and your BS is level 14... WOW! They potentially cap at lvl 60 as well?

How's the crafting? Is it actually worth using or would it be better just to find better loot? Also is it a gold sink? Or are you finding gold to be just as plentiful and useless as in D2?

PS. THANKS for all this awesome info :lol:
    Quote from Soulmate

Hey, Baron (l33t machinima maker?)!

So, you will need 3 characters with each profession to be independent on everything?

You don't actually have the profession yourself (you're too busy out and about murdering demons to stand around and craft swords), so you early-on acquire the services of New Tristrams Blacksmith, and it is infact him you help train and level up.

I assume in later acts you meet the other artisans and do the same with them (don't have a clue though, just speculation)
    i just can't wait to play... great post though!
    Great post man! :D
    Quote from emyln

So this is the only way to upgrade your blacksmith. Finding pages/books of training? How many on average to level up to the next level? Is it minor increases kind of thing or major increases in what they can craft?

How many levels are there for the Blacksmith to level up? If this is only 3/4 of Act 1 and your BS is level 14... WOW! They potentially cap at lvl 60 as well?

How's the crafting? Is it actually worth using or would it be better just to find better loot? Also is it a gold sink? Or are you finding gold to be just as plentiful and useless as in D2?

PS. THANKS for all this awesome info :lol:

So far:
    • Once you get the Blacksmith, he can craft a small selection of low level Armor and Weapons, as well as repair your items
    • Whilst dungeoning, you find "Page of Training", mostly on bookshelves but also off mobs, corpses, chests, everything. These stack to 5(max) then can be right-clicked to turn into a "Book of Training"
    • When at the blacksmith, he has a 'level' tab, in here you see an experience bar and reagents required in order to level him up
    • For example, you use 1 book of training, a handful of the lowest level crafting materials and, 250g to train him 1/5 of the way towards level 2.
    • Each time you do this, he learns a few more recipes (2-5 I think)
    • When you train him the 5th time (end of the XP bar on his UI), there is a massive flash and his camp upgrades, (the stands for the armor laying on the ground improve, his furnace gets better etc).
    • It seems to take 5 Books per level, however the gold needed each time goes up drastically. I believe 1>2 was 250g, I honestly can't remember 2>3, but on 3>4 now its like 3,000g, so it becomes very expensive fast to upgrade him.

I've found it pretty useful so far, because all the items he crafts has random attributes, you can score some pretty neat items. I've also found 1 rare recipe for a belt, which is very nice (But you also need a rare crafting material to make them)
    Thanks for the info! =) keep it updated if you find new stuff etc.
    Isn't this like... the first person posting here who actually plays the beta :P?

Thank you very much for registering specifically to share this information with us. :)
    1 more question. The stash size. Blizzard keeps saying is big. But... to a pack rat like myself, how big is it? Any chance of a screenshot?

Also, does it show how much it costs to upgrade it?
    Quote from emyln

1 more question. The stash size. Blizzard keeps saying is big. But... to a pack rat like myself, how big is it? Any chance of a screenshot?

Also, does it show how much it costs to upgrade it?

answered up top :)
    Quote from Baron Samedi

When you choose to join someone else's game, say for example a friend who is a much lower level than you, your character temporarily resets his questing progress, you will share their quest objectives (as if its your first time there too) and can help complete quests by clicking on items etc. You even get the Gold/XP reward (but not any items)

What about the other way around? I've seen some people say that if you join a game from a more advanced player, it's status would overwrite yours. So you would lose the quest you didn't do? You can't even go back there to do them later?

Currently the only way to trade is to drop stuff on the floor, D1 Style

Well, that sucks. It'll probably have something in the final game because I want to trade without the auction house also. Even if I want just to see someone else's items, I don't think they'll just hand them over so I can see them.
    Quote from Roger

Quote from Baron Samedi

When you choose to join someone else's game, say for example a friend who is a much lower level than you, your character temporarily resets his questing progress, you will share their quest objectives (as if its your first time there too) and can help complete quests by clicking on items etc. You even get the Gold/XP reward (but not any items)

What about the other way around? I've seen some people say that if you join a game from a more advanced player, it's status would overwrite yours. So you would lose the quest you didn't do? You can't even go back there to do them later?

Currently the only way to trade is to drop stuff on the floor, D1 Style

Well, that sucks. It'll probably have something in the final game because I want to trade without the auction house also. Even if I want just to see someone else's items, I don't think they'll just hand them over so I can see them.

For your first question I don't know, I'll see if I can find out :)

For the second question, I'm pretty certain this is a beta only thing, wow-style though, you can link items in chat (I did this intuitively, will add it to the bullet list)
    Great thread, +rep :)
    Quote from Baron Samedi

answered up top :)

Thanks! you're awesome!
    hehe I almost fell out of my chair when I saw 14 slots in the stash. But then its really 70 slots, but you have to upgrade. No wonder they said too much gold would not be an issue.

Can you imagine, each 14 slot costs more than the previous, and this probably carries over to each of the tabs.... holy cow the final tab is going to in the millions to upgrade.
    Awesome post :) I'm excited.
    Cool Shelf!
    Thanks for this. I'll try to think up some specifics that I'd like you to check out :)!

Regards
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes