Diablo 3 Voice Actors

I'm the only one who thinks the voice acting and dialogues in beta cheesy?
    Quote from ErU

Get real, folks, the diablo you all knew is dead, a few years ago i said right here in this forum that D3 had a pretty good chance of being blizzard first bust (i was flamed to death ofc), and what you know, its not even beta and its already looking that way.
    Yeah they are kinda bit cheesy yes ErU. Since they did such a great work with starcraft 2 I was kinda expecting a bit more from blizz with D3 but I guess they got kinda sloppy on that department :(
    I'm really sad to hear that Ed Trotta is not coming back as the voice of Tyrael! :(

Meh, I guess they'll hire some 'celebrity' to do the voice. This is the same what happened with Sarah Kerrigan in StarCraft II!
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

Quote from killer0178

Yeah they are kinda bit cheesy yes ErU. Since they did such a great work with starcraft 2 I was kinda expecting a bit more from blizz with D3 but I guess they got kinda sloppy on that department :(

To me, this is an obvious sign that the game is being rushed.

That's a first for Blizzard..
    Quote from ErU

Get real, folks, the diablo you all knew is dead, a few years ago i said right here in this forum that D3 had a pretty good chance of being blizzard first bust (i was flamed to death ofc), and what you know, its not even beta and its already looking that way.
    Voice acting is fine IMO.

SC2 have far more cheesy lines. Yet we have too see more D3 dialogues in retail.
    Thought I'd mention: I'm almost 100% sure the Wizard voice actress is the one who did Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender. (I like her acting in the beta so far, btw, if my opinion matters).
    The female barb almost sounds exactly like the female monk. I can understand putting an accent on the monk but the barb as well? It really doesn't suit her IMO.
    The voice acting, especially for the female voices, are cringe worthingly bad.

All the males voices seem to be decent and okay... but the females one suck major ass..

Female monk is cheesy, so is the DH and the WD..

the wizz and barb are okay
    Quote from Raen

Thought I'd mention: I'm almost 100% sure the Wizard voice actress is the one who did Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender. (I like her acting in the beta so far, btw, if my opinion matters).

Really? I thought she did a pretty good job on Azula, whoever it was.
    The strong must rule if we are to survive.
    I can hear Brian George (Gheed/Drognan/Alkor in D2) as one of the Lore givers in the streams I've been watching.
    Quote from Raen

After searching for that voice actor which is Grey DeLisle I also found out that she also did Nova from Starcraft 2 and listening to her quotes now I'm almost certain that she is the voice of the wizard. Thx :) I knew I had heard her voice in some blizzard game although it was similar to the female blood elf.
    Quote from MasterFischer

The voice acting, especially for the female voices, are cringe worthingly bad.

All the males voices seem to be decent and okay... but the females one suck major ass..

Female monk is cheesy, so is the DH and the WD..

the wizz and barb are okay

The only one I found weird was the DH, the monk I loved it and the witch doctor was similar to Jamaican accent which I found out quite interesting, first thing it came to mind was Calypso from Pirates of the Caribbean
    Bashiok just confirmed Dominic Keating is playing the Templar.
    Paul Eiding voices Mayor Holus in D3.
    He sounds so much like Pepin the Healer.
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    does anyone know who voices lachdanan in his lore speeches?
    The male Barbarian sounds a lot like Idris Elba. For those of you who don't know the guy, he played Heimdall in Thor.
    Rísta - ráða
    Fá - freista
    Biðja - blóta
    Senda - sóa

Quote from ComMcNeil

I am still interested to know the answer to this. He is my favorite voice so far.
    Live Free, or Die
    "The most successful people recognize, that in life they create their own love, they manufacture their own meaning, they generate their own motivation." - Neil deGrasse Tyson, February 29th, 2012
    The Obsidian Order
    Diablo.IncGamers.Com
    Quote from Doomscream

Lani Minella - Adria and Wirt. She also was the Medivac Pilot from SC2 and numerious other characters from WoW: WotLK including Sindragosa and the Succubus (the Warlock minion).
    Oh god...

On other news, absolutly love the Male Demon Hunter voice acting, anyone have a clue who voiced him?
    Quote from Siege_Valgore

Quote from ComMcNeil

I am still interested to know the answer to this. He is my favorite voice so far.

I'm probably bumping this thread from the depths of Oblivion but I thought I'd say the voice sounded really familiar to me.

Karl Hanover is a possible candidate.

The voice is almost a dead ringer for the voice of Atlas from Bioshock. If anyone knows who actually did it, do say so I'm curious to see if I'm right or wrong.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes