Level 1 - 60

Have they said anything about how long it approximately would take (In hours/days) to raise your character from level 1 to level 60?

With instant play, by the way.
    (It's funny because it rhymes)
    "A lie is just a great story ruined by the truth" - Barney Stinson
    Let me ask you a question, if they make leveling from lvls 1-60 very quick would that hurt the re-playability of the game? Would you rather have the character level to like 50 or 55 and fairly powerful and have the last few levels take a stupid long time?
    The only thing I remember reading/hearing is that atm the game is slightly longer than D2, but I can't remember if that is geographical size or gameplay time, or perhaps amount of regions.
    The time that it it took to roll a 1-99(?) now is drawn out to fills between levels 1-60.

You get to see significant growth in power of your char with every level - which is much better than the last lost system.
    Diii: Classix#2766; Daanlandjnr 60 baba Act2 Inf; DrDaanland 50 WD Act4 Hell; FApSsoso WZ Act1 Norm
    ~HardcoreClassic for Life ~~Clan LeFAp ~ HcC Europe since Beta Jul '96~
    GarGanTuaN highest d2 beta maul baba
    Supporter of GERBarb, first 99 char ever; Team player of GerMania first 99 sorc classic softcore 1.06
    jojo_LeFAp 93 necro HcC EU 1.08; jojojo_LeFAp 95 necro HcC EU 1.08; Daanland_LeFAp 94 s/s baba HcC EU 1.08
    Quote from Daanland

The time that it it took to roll a 1-99(?) now is drawn out to fills between levels 1-60.

You get to see significant growth in power of your char with every level - which is much better than the last lost system.

I'm not sure thats right. I think it's going to be more like 1-90. Blizz stated that getting to 99 is just ridiculously monotonous and takes way too long. So I don't think that 1-60 will include the time period it takes to get from 90-99.
    "I want to say something but I'll keep it to myself I guess and leave this useless post behind to make you aware that there WAS something... "
    -Equinox

"We're like the downtown of the Diablo related internet lol"
    -Winged
    Quote from AFd3
    Quote from SeanTocker

Have they said anything about how long it approximately would take (In hours/days) to raise your character from level 1 to level 60?

Let me ask you a question, if they make leveling from lvls 1-60 very quick would that hurt the re-playability of the game? Would you rather have the character level to like 50 or 55 and fairly powerful and have the last few levels take a stupid long time?

He just asked a simple question, and you answered him as though he said something completely different.

Quote from Umpa65

Quote from Daanland

I'm not sure thats right. I think it's going to be more like 1-90. Blizz stated that getting to 99 is just ridiculously monotonous and takes way too long. So I don't think that 1-60 will include the time period it takes to get from 90-99.

Actually I believe it might be more like level 1-70 since I doubt we will be having any more baal runs. Think of it as getting from 1-70 in single player.
    Yes, their view on D2 endgame is basically 80-90, everything beyond that is an achievement, not something you do for power, so that will be removed. It feels really weird to have it like that. On one hand I wouldn't have any practical use of the extra grinding from 90-99, but it is nice to feel that you are never really optimal and are always able to improve, even if that improvement is minimal and nothing I would actually do. Levels really present this non-perfection in the clearest way possible, something an achievement wouldn't be able to do.
    Well they said previously that D3 would be about the same length or longer than D2, and that by the end of Hell difficulty you'd be at level 60. However, in the Q&A, someone asked about how long D3 would be compared to D2, and they answered that they couldn't really tell as it depends on the random events you encounter. Like if you happen to get more random dungeon spawns instead of having it be a group of monsters that doesn't take as long, then the game would take longer to complete. I'd say that its still probably going to be about the same length as D2 just playing the game, without the grinding after level 90ish, and the grinding "endgame" of 90-99 would be replaced by their achievements and PvP, and whatever other ideas they have that we haven't been shown yet.

Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
    DiabloFans: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Live Chat
    I like the way Blizzard is taking this.

But let´s not forget the very likely level-cap increase with expansions.
    Alright, sounds awesome :b
    I don't recall ever having a char 90+, because the rest of the game seemed so pointless when the only thing to do was bossruns.
    "A lie is just a great story ruined by the truth" - Barney Stinson
    You actually get around 90 easy (depends on how many players you had in the game, or which /players you used in single player, and how many areas you skipped or skimmed through) when you kill Baal on Hell if you haven't been rushed. I find Baalruns boring, playing through the game is far more interesting.
    Quote from Umpa65

Quote from Daanland

even less, about 1-80 i think. but the game itself will be slightly longer than Diablo II and the hours of playtime aren't certain since random quests/events may make each playthrough longer/shorter.

Many thanks to Caniroth for the awesome sig!
    I think it -90 is just the perfect number. It actually depends on the character you're using.. Sorcs level up MUCH, MUCH faster then the other characters and melee character takes alot longer.

I think normal / nightmare playthrough should take around 15 hours each to be completed.
    Naturally Hell should take longer. I think 1 level every 2 hours is a good number for a high end. So the last 10 levels should take 20 hours, compelting 50 hours/play to get an 60 character.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    Quote from leftfoot

I like the way Blizzard is taking this.

But let´s not forget the very likely level-cap increase with expansions.

Noooooo! This would piss me off a bit.. loosing hard-worked-for items due to level increases makes me sad! But its a good way to keep the current characters fresh with more skills.... :o.. But on the other hand.. they already have a million skills.. Hmm.
    Quote from ansl
    Noooooo! This would piss me off a bit.. loosing hard-worked-for items due to level increases makes me sad! But its a good way to keep the current characters fresh with more skills.... :o.. But on the other hand.. they already have a million skills.. Hmm.

As much as losing gear sucks, I'm sure that if you've played a lot you'll have at least one fully geared character before the xpac. I'd personally gladly give up my gear for the opportunity to gear up again, not to mention get more skills/traits/areas etc.

When a games gets expended its a good oppertunity to level the game again.

the guys with all their pro gear will be on the same level again as the less fortunate who didnt get that one disired item.

it sucks for the guy who had it all max geared out but its a good oppertunity for 90% of the others to max gear themselfs.
    And i don't see why this the high end people will "loose" their items...
    OFc some items loose alot of value, but, as long as the new items aren't OP compered the the old ones, the old ones still is tradable. In diablo, sometimes, the best item is an low level depending on what you need. For example the nagelring, the angelic set, soj...

And this kind of itemisation is very likely to happen in D3 imo. Jay Wilsom said that people have to understand the random nature of the game: sometimes you get a very powerful item at low level, sometimes you get very poor item in high levels.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    I believe it is correct that a lot of items will lose their value because they are replaced by better end-game items, but I don't see why that would be a bad thing. Sure, you are no longer super wealthy in terms of end-game equipment, but remember that the same thing happens to everyone else. Technically you don't loose anything, no one does, you are just as wealthy as you were before compared to everyone else. Turn your equipment into gold and you have a good amount of money to continue your climb towards greatness with.

It is also likely that if a new set of items were to be introduced, that they wouldn't replace all of the old items. There would still be situations where the lower level items are preferred. High level items are often not much more powerful, but rather filled with a bunch of unnecessary bonus stuff. A level 60 staff could give 100% spell damage while a level 70 staff could give 100% cast speed, 10% more gold gain, 4% movement, etc. In total "power" it is much better, but in some situations you will do better with the lower level staff simply because it is better at a certain thing. italofoca gave a good example: SOJ, a level 29 ring that is very valuable. Another example is Raven Frost at level 45, valuable for its "cannot be frozen" modifier. The only really good high level rings are rares and crafted, and those don't grow on trees.
    Quote from Ophion
    Technically you don't loose anything, no one does, you are just as wealthy as you were before compared to everyone else.

We need to take into account that not only will the items be expanded in terms of the better gear now at level 70, but that new items will probably find their way into the game at level 60. We might be given better level 60 items which means your top-end gear at 60 isn't top end anymore and thus loses a lot of its value. When runewords came into D2, a lot of items lost their worth since, even though they were hard to get and finding that perfect stat item was super-rare, the whole item became inferior since these new runewords are even better and more easy to find than the perfect stat version of its predecessor.
    Yea but most of the time an xpac will come at a time when a lot of people are ready to move on, like you have a fully geared character or two or three, so its not like you have much left to do. New content beats gearing up imo, but i do enjoy the gearing up process, but I welcome chances to kinda start over and see new areas, and eventually gear up again. Plus, things like high-level gems and runes will probably carry over, as you can desocket them. So you obviously wont have to start completely from scratch.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes