No Town Portal?

From the press conference with Jay Wilson:
    "11:32: There won't be a town portal system, as they are a "horrible" combat exploits and design clashes. Instead they are using way points."

My question:
    What are the two scrolls in this screen shot?
    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/9409/runep.jpg
    “One thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse”
    --Jack Handy
    one is scroll of identity.. no idea what the other one is... maybe there is a "town portal" just a massively long cooldown like in wow.
    Maybe a recipe scroll in all likelihood, what with the information we've gotten about crafting.

Join the Irish Mob. We like almost everybody. Read Pants are Good. It's funny. You'll like it.
    Also read Wintendo, as DINGBANG is attempting to play through 764 SNES games in a back catalog.
    Actually there are 3 scrolls there. One is the scroll of identify (red), but the other two (shiny golden and black with gem) are unknown.

My guess is that one is a recipe and the other a type of powerup scroll. If you read the caravan FAQ you will see this line:

"The mystic creates scrolls, potions, magical weapons, spell runes, and charms, and can also enchant items."

It would be weird to even mention this if the only scrolls are the identify ones. I bet the shiny one is some kind of temporary powerup.
    Meh sucks. I loved the town portal system. Diablo 1's town portal system was the best. I loved the waiting screen you had to look at as it was loading.
    Respectful is a strong word...
    Quote from Irrational

Meh sucks. I loved the town portal system. Diablo 1's town portal system was the best. I loved the waiting screen you had to look at as it was loading.

yeah, except when it got stuck.. it did that alot.
    Did you like the Diablo 2 one? Act 2, Tal"Rasha's Chamber?
    Find any Diablo news? Contact me or anyone else on the news team.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes