Praise to Bashiok

Quote from "Equinox" »
    There are posts that are not that yet Bashiok also makes fun of them, that's all. He makes his own judgment and I don't agree with it. Some posts were also mysteriously deleted with Bashiok throwing around nasty comments.

If there's something wrong with a post, it's best delete it altogether. Bashiok's attitude is pointless. I don't like assholes. I don't care if they're right, they're assholes regardless.

Bashiok is not there to make posts that are "fun to read" if you ask me. Given the horrible mess battle.net forums are, he's not improving the situation, merely adding to it. He behaves like a troll half the time. Remove his blue status and just look at his posts from the perspective of the average user.

Bingo. He usually does f*** all about spammers or trolls, until the front page is full of them then he somehow realises.

You just have to look at the interview Medievaldragon did with him. In the video, he's got this constant smirk that makes me want to slap him silly. And he chews his bubblegum the same way that douchebag knowitall kid from your school does / did. You know which one im talking about theres gotta be at least one in every school! THAT GUY!
    What ever happened to Medeivaldragon... best reporter ever...
    I've never seen that video though, do you have a link ?
    Quote from "Sixen" »
    "One in every 10 million people can potentially have a headache from this pill." God forbid she is the 0.000000001% of having a headache.
    Quote from "Zhar" »
    What ever happened to Medeivaldragon... best reporter ever...
    I've never seen that video though, do you have a link ?

Here you go

http://www.vimeo.com/1252784
    Remember folks, no one is required to praise Bashiok here (which seems counter intuitive to the title of this thread), but if anyone just comes out and says he is an asshole without really articulating why, your posts will be deleted for flaming.

Don't be lazy and just call people names. State your reasons.
    Quote from "Equinox" »
    There are posts that are not that yet Bashiok also makes fun of them, that's all. He makes his own judgment and I don't agree with it. Some posts were also mysteriously deleted with Bashiok throwing around nasty comments.

If there's something wrong with a post, it's best delete it altogether. Bashiok's attitude is pointless. I don't like assholes. I don't care if they're right, they're assholes regardless.

Bashiok is not there to make posts that are "fun to read" if you ask me. Given the horrible mess battle.net forums are, he's not improving the situation, merely adding to it. He behaves like a troll half the time. Remove his blue status and just look at his posts from the perspective of the average user.

Most of your post is every constructive. Not regarding to this thread. is your IQ 125+?
    If you ask me, Bashiok is awesome. He is a breath of fresh air after compared to the constant seriousness of the other Blizzard CMs. Sure, you could say his posts are sometimes immature and he has a cocky attitude, but all his serious posts are well constructed and filled with information. The rest are just fun. Its not his fault he doesn't have more information to give, I much rather him spend the rest of the time having fun rather than fading away and making a random post once a month. This way he is at least more involved in the community rather than just appearing when he has something to give.
    I haven't read enough of his posts to really say (and I'm not in the business of really caring that much) but I think we could get someone a whole lot worse.
    To people who think Bashiok is rude to people, have you read even half the posts where people indignantly ask their questions and never say please or thank you to Bashiok? I've often merely witnessed Bashiok using defensive minimalism against many of these irate and anonymous users who voice their concerns and demand responses.

Frankly I don't know how he puts up with all these people with their strange sense of entitlement. Perhaps he was the wrong person chosen for his job; I could easily see that.
    Obviously you clearly suck-up on bashiok siaynoq. (not mean to offend). And those you dislike Bashiok can say the opposite. Each person have their opinion on the devs. But if you look at all the post he posted, how many of them useful and explain what the topic creator have asked? Half of all the post; he post provide information while the other half is no different than trolling. See devs tracker in our forum.

P.S You might wanna provide infomation on you post to support your opinion siaynoq.

BTW don't take literally with the word "half" as that was intend to be figure of speech.
    Quote from "Ryukenden" »
    Obviously you clearly suck-up on bashiok siaynoq.
    Wrong. On a personal note, I don't even like Bashiok. But I admire him for sticking it to so many people who would wish to do the same to him.

Quote from "Ryukenden" »
    P.S You might wanna provide infomation on you post to support your opinion siaynoq.

Nah. I don't feel like digging through all of his threads to prove you with evidence to support my opinion. I've always read Bashiok's posts as they've been released on the dev tracker and have long been at this conclusion. Feel free to ask all these other people here though to provide some textual support for their claims. I'm sure they'll so just jump on that.
    Quote from "Siaynoq" »
    but if anyone just comes out and says he is an asshole without really articulating why, your posts will be deleted for flaming.
    Are you implying that calling people assholes with reasons is permissible?
    Quote from "Siaynoq" »
    Don't be lazy and just call people names. State your reasons.
    I already gave my reasons. I have my own definition of what an asshole is. May not compare to yours. If you have issues with the flame question, change the term "asshole" to "negative person". I merely find the previous one more descriptive, not necessarily offensive (many people are assholes and proud of it).

I am not sure how many more people referred to Bashiok that way but there is my excuse.
    You did not specify of whom your comment was about.
    Quote from "Siaynoq" »
    have you read even half the posts where people indignantly ask their questions and never say please or thank you to Bashiok
    People have no reason to do that, Bashiok is being paid for what he does, and gratitude is something people have the right to express, but are not required to. And, Bashiok can do whatever he wants, his right. Doesn't mean I have to approve of it.

You may dislike all those "people" all you want but they're still people and we still have to live with them, hence my belief that nasty replies to them do not improve the situation. I think Bashiok is being much more offensive to them than I am being to Bashiok when he can't even hear me nor do I have any authority whatsoever.

Or am I getting too philosophical?
    Quote from "Ryukenden" »
    Most of your post is every constructive. Not regarding to this thread. is your IQ 125+?
    No, I am merely trying to be a half-Vulcan.

j/k dunno never took an IQ test, but, uhh, thanks. :P You'll regret saying this.

Oh, and here's a random example of why I am not fond of Bashiok: http://diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19318
    Quote from "Equinox" »
    Are you implying that calling people assholes with reasons is permissible?
    Implying? I thought what I said was explicit. I can tolerate people calling other people assholes if they can at least explain why.

Quote from "Equinox" »
    You did not specify of whom your comment was about.
    Rest easy. Not everything is about you. I was advising all members replying to the thread after I had deleted and edited some posts to refrain from mere name calling. Name calling, as I said, is tolerated to the extent that one explains their reasons for doing so. People here are afforded much tolerance to flame as much as it is technically against the rules. I'm merely trying to show people where that line is.

Quote from "Equinox" »
    People have no reason to do that, Bashiok is being paid for what he does, and gratitude is something people have the right to express, but are not required to. And, Bashiok can do whatever he wants, his right. Doesn't mean I have to approve of it.
    That's true. And I've worked in the service industry for a long time. No one has to say please or thank you to me. But that doesn't mean I have to approve. No more than you have to approve of Bashiok's disposition. I'm glad we're in agreement here that even Bashiok can do whatever he wants, as you so stated. So we all reserve the right to act however we want, while also maintaining our right to approve or disapprove of how we're all acting. That is a huge relief.

Quote from "Equinox" »
    You may dislike all those "people" all you want but they're still people and we still have to live with them, hence my belief that nasty replies to them do not improve the situation. I think Bashiok is being much more offensive to them than I am being to Bashiok when he can't even hear me nor do I have any authority whatsoever.
    So what are we even arguing about here? I already acknowledged he probably isn't the best person for his job. Silly goose. You are a silly goose for not recognizing that I stated Bashiok isn't the best person for that job.
    Quote from "Siaynoq" »
    Implying? I thought what I said was explicit. I can tolerate people calling other people assholes if they can at least explain why.
    Does that apply for all other staff members?
    Quote from "Siaynoq" »
    Rest easy. Not everything is about you.
    I'm glad to hear that.
    Quote from "Siaynoq" »
    So what are we even arguing about here?
    Semantics.
    Quote from "Siaynoq" »
    You are a silly goose for not recognizing that I stated Bashiok isn't the best person for that job.
    If you say so. I believe this conversation is over with the conclusion that I am a silly goose.
    may his blades not chip and shatter.

reference to DUNE.
    Quote from "Equinox" »

Oh, and here's a random example of why I am not fond of Bashiok: http://diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19318

That is spot on. Keep in mind this is the person who is basically representing Diablo 3 on their behalf in anything which is not Blizzcon or WWI related. Newcomers to the Diablo universe look at him and go 'This is how Blizzard treats fans. By placing a wacky cocky troll nerd on an internet-fueled powertrip in our favorite forums'

Fan-friggin-tastic choice!
    I don't really get what is so bad about that thread. He gave a good answer to a serious question. The last FFFFFUUUUUU- thing may have been unnecessary but is still funny.

In case you didn't get it, he wasn't just screaming FUCK and cutting it short so he didn't get in trouble. It was a reference to pictures like this.
    I still don't remember when did the job of a blue person became to be funny. If people have to go to battle.net to read something funny, I can suggest you a few webcomics or maybe a comedy series. I am annoyed that blue posts are no longer reliable, that I can't view every blue post as a feasible, serious reply by Blizzard personnel, simply because Bashiok is out there.

For instance, this is one blue post in an entire thread devoted to level 1-200:
    "No... no... the post numbers would jump around if that was the case.

I'm worried and frightened. "

Reply to an offtopic comment about someone being banned. People actually keep track of Bashiok's posts but half of them are just stuff that shouldn't even be there.

Karune ftw.
    Quote from "zurayth" »
    I don't really get what is so bad about that thread. He gave a good answer to a serious question. The last FFFFFUUUUUU- thing may have been unnecessary but is still funny.

In case you didn't get it, he wasn't just screaming FUCK and cutting it short so he didn't get in trouble. It was a reference to pictures like this.

You dont answer your fans with an ignorant 'So?'

When Jay Wilson was cornered with various art direction questions, did he say 'So?' No he didnt. Because hes smart, professional and he doesnt chew bubblegum like a douchebag.

Im starting to wonder how Bashiok got the job. Someone must have pulled some strings.
    His posts are very reliable. If you don't have the IQ to discern the different between a serious post and when he is taking the piss out of something, perhaps you shouldn't be reading Internet forums for a game that is intended for a mature audience.

I didn't mean that his job was to be funny, however I still feel when he makes post like that, he becomes more of person and less of a randomly generated name with blue text that copies quotes directly from the design staff once a month. It gives a Blizzard CM more of a presence and personality in the community, which I would prefer to someone more serious, such as Karune.

EDIT: As far as the 'So?' thing goes, the person who asked the question was pretty ignorant. It doesn't matter which member of the Diablo team gave the answer, may as well have been Bashiok. Also, drop the bubblegum thing. Perhaps he was enjoying the taste and not using it as a subtle way to portray that the fact that he thinks he is better than everyone else.
    Quote from "zurayth" »
    His posts are very reliable. If you don't have the IQ to discern the different between a serious post and when he is taking the piss out of something, perhaps you shouldn't be reading Internet forums for a game that is intended for a mature audience.

I didn't mean that his job was to be funny, however I still feel when he makes post like that, he becomes more of person and less of a randomly generated name with blue text that copies quotes directly from the design staff once a month. It gives a Blizzard CM more of a presence and personality in the community, which I would prefer to someone more serious, such as Karune.

Perhaps you should stop making assumptions about my IQ, cause yours is clearly in the gutter. He's not supposed to take the piss out of anything, and thats exactly the point of my argument. Which you obviously fail to get as you've probably been suckling on some serious Bashiok titty. I'd take Karune over him any day. Thats the way a Blizzard representative is meant to be.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes