This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

Teaser at blizzard.com?

Poll: Looking Up or Down?

Looking Up or Down?

Looking Up or Down? - Single Choice

• Looking Up 33.3%
  • Looking Down 66.7%
    In the Goetia, Belial is said to be very respectful. Belial is also the demon of lies and guilt. As a Prince of Hell, he commands 80 Legions of Demons and is specifically the Prince reigning over the Northern Reaches of Hell. He controls the element of earth and reigns over the Earth demons.

In early Christian writings, Belial was identified first as an angel of confusion and lust, created after Lucifer. Paradoxically, some apocrypha credit Belial as being the father of Lucifer and the angel that convinced him to wage a rebellion in Heaven against God, and that Belial was the first of the fallen angels to be expelled.

Kinda goes with the diablo story pretty well....

Father of Lucifer, angel convincing himt o wage war against heaven... First expelled fallen angel.
    Versusee.blogspot.com <-- Come argue with me about games.
    Dunno if this is anything, but if you open http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/master.css
    there's a line with
    /*.tundra {background:url(_images/04.jpg) no-repeat 0 0} */

http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/04.jpg
    Quote from "worthydaydream" »
    Did anyone else see splash 2?

lawlz. zomg, the hidden image has been found!
    Belial is connected with lies/deceit
    Serpent is also connected with Lies/deceit.

Although, I DO NOT see Belial as a Serpent though.
    Blizzard, please put back the single player offline mode!
    Quote from "Watzit2ya" »
    If it was easily solvable and could inconclusively be pinned to something then it wouldnt be a teaser and generate no real buzz, or confusion :\

Oh, so now people can have an opinion other than "it must be Diablo 3". Quit floppin, or quit bitching about people having their own ideas or opinions.
    This was not realized by me, but I keep seeing this being reposted and reposted, so I made this photo below, and this thread to show everyone, that this symbol is not solely associated with WoW and only WoW, as it has a even closer resemblance to a common rune found in Diablo II. The Shael rune.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll296/jlane564/proooofz.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Eh, I don't think so.
    if it is the symbol on the sword from WOTLK ... on the sword i see 6 symbols .. this being the first as in topmost. 6 days including today till Saturday ... =(
    Quote from "SithDiablo" »

Listen... doing some researches...

Found connection between Belial & Serpent!

There can be no concord with Messiah and Belial, (the serpent or a person possessed with his spirit), the god of Gnosticism. There were sons and daughters of Belial:
    • "Certain men, the children of Belial, (adherents of the serpent's Gnostic religion) are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods (of Babylon), which ye have not known (Deut. 13:13)."
    • "Count not thine handmaid for a daughter of Belial (the serpent's religion): for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief have I spoken hitherto (1Sam. 1:16)."
    Hmmm???
    The symbol resembles a shael rune but it doesnt look exactly like a shael rune
    Kinda, it looks closer to it than that rune on the sword, but why a shael?

Fuck you, I'm a dragon.
    Quote from "SithDiablo" »

Well it connects pretty easily. Medusa for starcraft was Kerrigan, but hindsite is 20/20

Hydra is a serpent, Serpents represent lies and deceipt dated back to the bible, Belial = lord of deceipt and lies, and is the guardian of hells gate.

Belial seems like the most likely canidate for a diablo 3 villain, and who better to corrupt tyrael than the original fallen angel...
    Versusee.blogspot.com <-- Come argue with me about games.
    I see a red Diablo looking pentagram behind the ice. Mostly on the right mid

similar to this though more red

Quote from "Siaynoq" »
    Eh, I don't think so.

You just don't like me. :D, You can tell it does not resemble either of the runes 100%, but I do believe it is closer to the Shael rune.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    04.jpg looks funny like this :))
    Ask yourselves this: Is that image meant to be from the bottom view of whatever it is (with the light of day coming through those cracks) -OR- Is it from the top down with the light emanating from another source. (a stone, perhaps--- hehehehe)

what if it's not ice, but water?
    POSTING ON THIS SITE SINCE 2011

DIABLO 3 ">SPOILERS
    (Will be updated often)
    I hear ya on that silver...there is definitely some kind of elaborate design behind the ice in red.
    Ok, I just played around in photoshop and I'm pretty sure I've found Diablo in the background, or any other demon with 2 horns.

Look at the original first and follow up with the steps, I'm sure you'll see him aswell.

Original: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/5thDiGiTaL/ice1.jpg
    1st: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/5thDiGiTaL/Diablobg2.jpg
    2nd: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/5thDiGiTaL/Diablobg3.jpg
    3rd: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v155/5thDiGiTaL/Diablobg.jpg

Now go and look at the original again, and you'll probably be able to still see those horns, or atleast you can say they're:
    1. Not circles.
    2. Definately not part of the ice as it's not edgy but rounded.
    3. Spaced about precisely far enough to fit in a face while not making the "horns" too big or too small.
    yeah its closer to the shael rune, but its not proof
    Quote from "Watzit2ya" »
    Well it connects pretty easily. Medusa for starcraft was Kerrigan, but hindsite is 20/20

Hydra is a serpent, Serpents represent lies and deceipt dated back to the bible, Belial = lord of deceipt and lies, and is the guardian of hells gate.

Belial seems like the most likely canidate for a diablo 3 villain, and who better to corrupt tyrael than the original fallen angel...

In a Christian context the serpent signifies the Devil and his minions who were “...cast out into the earth...” (Revelation 12:9). Andrew Collins' book From the Ashes of Angels (2001) refers to the Testament of Amram, an apocalyptic fragment from the Dead Sea Scrolls. Amram, the father of Moses, perceives in a dream a Watcher called Belial. This creature is “terrifying in appearance, like a serpent...” and “his visage [is] like a viper (below images)...” As an appellation of Satan, the name Belial from II Corinthians 6:15 suggests a figure who is lawless, worthless, or reckless.

I think Belial & Serpent DO actually connect, very well! BINGO!!! I am Convienced Hydra HAS to be Diablo 3!!! And, that Serpent/Belial is important to the Plot of Diablo 3. :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes