This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

Teaser at blizzard.com?

Poll: Looking Up or Down?

Looking Up or Down?

Looking Up or Down? - Single Choice

• Looking Up 33.3%
  • Looking Down 66.7%
    Some of the things I'm about to say are merely speculation, so don't take this too seriously:

Well... announcement teaser, press conference, +16 age restriction "due to the nature of some content".
    This means that a new game will most certainly be announced (so WotLK is excluded).
    Due to the huge amount of hints, rumors and the events in the last 8 years, it's extremely likely that Diablo III will be announced. Though there is still a very small chance that Starcraft Ghost may be announced (again) and have a Mature rating. Also, although very unlikely, project Hydra might not be Diablo, but a game of a new franchise. Either way, I don't think the new game will be the next-gen MMO, since (if I'm not wrong), Blizzard only started hiring people to their next-gen MMO project last year, meaning that it's probably in an extremely early development phase, so I think it'll only be announced by 2010, and then released in ~2014, probably when Blizzard is done with WoW expansions and content.

So my guess would be:
    Diablo III - project Hydra - developed by team 3 (announced in WWI 08, this saturday, followed by a press conference) --> Released around 2010.

Starcraft Online (next-gen MMO) - developed by team 4, still hiring more people --> Announced in WWI 2010, released around 2014, after Blizz releases the 4th and final WoW expansion (probably related to the Emerald Dream or the South Seas/Maelstrom --> one of these will be the 3rd expansion, and the level cap raised to 100 --> a common number for a level cap). WoW probably won't have that many subscribers by then, so they'll transfer a portion of WoW's resources to the Starcraft MMO.

Meanwhile, also around 2014, they release Warcraft IV, which started development in 2010, after the release of Starcraft II in Q4 2008/Q1 2009, and its expansion in Q1 2010.
    Warcraft IV continues the storyline and lore from where WoW left off, while preparing the storyline and lore for a possible WoW II.

BTW, Starcraft II and the expansion would prepare the storyline for the MMO.

Timeline:
    WWI 08: Diablo III announcement, WotLK and/or SC2 beta begins.

Blizzcon 08: WotLK and/or SC2 release date announcement, WotLK cinematic shown for the 1st time, possibly WoW movie details, Diablo III hands-on gameplay and footage shown also.

WWI 09: Starcraft II expansion announcement, again in Korea.

Blizzcon 09: WoW's 3rd expansion announced, possibly WoW movie info and/or footage.

Q4 2009/Q1 2010 - Starcraft II expansion released.

WWI 2010: Next-gen MMO announced (Starcraft, IMO)

Q2 2010 (June 29th :P) - Diablo III released.

Q4 2010/Q1 2011 - WoW 3rd expansion released.

WWI 2011: Diablo III's expansion announced.

Blizzcon 2011: WoW's 4th expansion announced.

Q1 2012: Diablo III's expansion released.

WWI/Blizzcon 2012: Warcraft IV announced.

Q4 2012/Q1 2013: WoW's 4th expansion released, followed by the last WoW patch cycle.

WWI 2013: Diablo IV announced.

Q1-Q4 2014: Next-gen MMO and Warcraft IV released.

WWI/Blizzcon 2015 - Warcraft IV expansion announced.

Q1-Q4 2016 - Warcraft IV expansion and Diablo IV released.

2021: Blizzard Entertainment achieves world domination. :o
    after watching the picture for so many times... has anyone mentioned townportal?
    Quote from "Watzit2ya" »
    lol... I think the only thing that everyone on this forum (except you) unanimously agree's up on, is that it is NOT anything Stracraft II related. Can you even provide any rational, or hell ill take Irrational thought as to WHY it would be starcraft 2? The picture, the style of art... everything about it, has NO link in any form to starcraft 2.

You sir, are the embodyment of fail.

Is this an SC2 forum? Why would there be discussion of how it is SC2 related? Just like the PC Action (twice) and PC Gamer, everyone freaks out about change, and it HAS to be about Diablo 3, since nothing else is begin developed by a bunch of other companies. Or the fact that Blizzard has two announced games in production. I'm just saying don't count your chickens before they hatch.

And if you ask me, the picture looks a bit like the crystals from SC that are collected for resources. But that's me not over analyzing a picture.
    Quote from "Dragoon_50" »
    Not at all...because it's so..perfect. Something like that doesn't get made my accident.

Actually it is most likely just an accident. People tend to see faces in almost anything because of how the human brain processes faces differently than other objects. The brain gives faces priority.

NYTimes article on it:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/02/13/health/psychology/13face.html?n=Top/News/Health/Diseases,%20Conditions,%20and%20Health%20Topics/Face&pagewanted=all
    http://www.myzufu.com/blizzard.html - refreshes blizzard.com every 60 seconds.
    Another hope that I have, is that same artist painted both pictures hiding his tag on both of them :D
    Quote from "Gromir" »
    Well, a User from WorldofWar.net found out, that the symbol in the picture is in fact a RUNE which can also be found on Frostmourne.
    http://www.worldofwar.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=6754&size=big

Now is my question: "What the hack is Frostmourne doing in DIABLO 3?" :P

We could also say it is a Shael rune. Someone pointed that out earlier and nobody paid much attention. To be honest, it resembles a Shael rune much better.

uhh check out the shael rune.
    http://www.lewt.com/diablo-2/uswest-ladder/runes/shael-rune/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Quote from "Archanoth" »

WWI 09: Starcraft II expansion announcement, again in Korea.

Blizzcon 09: WoW's 3rd expansion announced, possibly WoW movie info and/or footage.

Q4 2009/Q1 2010 - Starcraft II expansion released.

WWI 2010: Next-gen MMO announced (Starcraft, IMO)

Q2 2010 (June 29th :P) - Diablo III released.

Q4 2010/Q1 2011 - WoW 3rd expansion released.

WWI 2011: Diablo III's expansion announced.

Blizzcon 2011: WoW's 4th expansion announced.

Q1 2012: Diablo III's expansion released.

WWI/Blizzcon 2012: Warcraft IV announced.

Q4 2012/Q1 2013: WoW's 4th expansion released, followed by the last WoW patch cycle.

WWI 2013: Diablo IV announced.

Q1-Q4 2014: Next-gen MMO and Warcraft IV released.

WWI/Blizzcon 2015 - Warcraft IV expansion announced.

Q1-Q4 2016 - Warcraft IV expansion and Diablo IV released.

2021: Blizzard Entertainment achieves world domination. :o

whahah:P if its true it would be pretty cool haha:)

2+2=4
    Quote from "notdiablo3man" »
    Try going to www.worldofwarcraft.com, guys... Shows the same splash screen.

Not Diablo 3, yes WotLK.

Sorry.

or just to let people know about diablo3 is coming ?

2+2=4
    i don't think blizzard is just gonna use the whole Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft, combo for 20-30 years.

from a game developer standpoint, you gotta think blizzard will just think "I'm sick of these 3 fucking franchises...guys...lets do something new"

yes, there is a lot of diablo 3 potential, but the ice and light imagery from image is more related to Warcraft then the fire and dark imagery of diablo.

either way, it's safe to safe blizzard will be pumping out something new, and who isn't to say it's gonna be a new franchise starter, maybe something better then the hopes of our diablo dreams

Not Diablo 3, yes WotLK.

Sorry.

as someone said before, starcraft ghost and diablo.com also show it.... OMG ITS ALL 3 GAMES IN ONE!!!!!!!11!!!!!11!11oneoneone

www.biffexploder.deviantart.com ------------> relax while browsing through my photography / wallpapers gallery.
    Quote from "Watzit2ya" »
    Good example of why reading, even 3 pages back would help you from making yourself look like a complete idiot.

We have already noted that every official blizzard site is showing this image, so trying to pinpoint it to a specific game based on what site is hosting it is impossible.

Good game.

Lol, nerd rage ftl dude. By the way, try www.starcraft2.com

Not showing it. Relax =)
    Quote from name="biff exploder" »
    i think the tp would be more liquidy
    but it is still a painting...it doesnt sound that bad...
    I have a feeling that this picture is going to be BLIZZARD related, rather than specifically Diablo. There is obviously red throughout the image. So, it may lean in that direction either way...

But this: http://www.worldofwar.net/gallery/data/500/medium/Sword.jpg

Is way too friggin obvious. The day is early, and that one has already been noticed and figured out. They had to have expected it. So I think as things start to clear up, elements will be found that relate to all blizzard games.
    Northern Guerilla Reaver Unit
    www.clan-ngru.com

Not Diablo 3, yes WotLK.

Sorry.

like the sc2 teaser last year. sorry
    Quote from "Mothmen" »
    i don't think blizzard is just gonna use the whole Diablo, Starcraft, Warcraft, combo for 20-30 years.

from a game developer standpoint, you gotta think blizzard will just think "I'm sick of these 3 fucking franchises...guys...lets do something new"

yes, there is a lot of diablo 3 potential, but the ice and light imagery from image is more related to Warcraft then the fire and dark imagery of diablo.

either way, it's safe to safe blizzard will be pumping out something new, and who isn't to say it's gonna be a new franchise starter, maybe something better then the hopes of our diablo dreams

Why does Everybody KEEP ignoring/forgetting that it makes Sense too, because "Hell HAS Frozen over!"?

When we finished the last game, we exactly left at Frozen Tundra place!

People keep forgetting our circumstances in Lord of Destruction, it's a place that Freezes!
    Blizzard, please put back the single player offline mode!
    Well this is a pleasant surprise to wake up to in the morning.
    Dont know if anyone has said anything refrencing this, but with all the runes in the ice, maybe one of them resembles the runes used for items in Diablo 2?
    If it was easily solvable and could inconclusively be pinned to something then it wouldnt be a teaser and generate no real buzz, or confusion :\
    Versusee.blogspot.com <-- Come argue with me about games.
    Did anyone else see splash 2?
    Guys examine more closely at the ice itself. I see some red cravings or markings in there. Some sort of picture could be right behind the ice. or It's just hell breaking through..
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes