This thread was automatically marked as Locked.

Φ Graphics Discussion (New art style proposal to Blizzard)

Poll: which graphics should D3 use?

which graphics should D3 use?

which graphics should D3 use? - Multiple Choice

• Graphics similar to Baldur's Gate 2 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Diablo II 12.5% of Users - 2 votes
  • Graphics similar to Dungeon Siege II 6.2% of Users - 2 votes
  • Graphics similar to Elder Scroll IV: Oblivion 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Fable 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Final Fantasy XI 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to God of War 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Guild Wars 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Heroes of Might and Magic V 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Neverwinter Nights 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Sacred 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Titan Quest 6.2% of Users - 1 votes
  • Graphics similar to Warcraft III (when you scroll the mouse wheel) 0% of Users - 0 votes
  • Graphics similar to World of Warcraft 0% of Users - 0 votes
    1st person: See from your own characters viewpoint
    2nd person: See from the viewpoint of another character in the game
    3rd person: See from the viewpoint of something completely outside the game.
    Personally, i want Oblivion graphics...but gameplay like WoW.
    The Vampire Lives Eternally. It Was Promised Eternal Death.
    Eh...I am way too used to Diablo II graphics. An upgrade wouldnt hurt though my feelings might hurt as well. :D
    Those before me shall quiver in my wake as I unleash the fury within!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If you want WoW gameplay Bat-Wing, go play WoW. Blizzard now has an RTS (2?), MMO and an RPG. Let's leave it that way. All they need is a platformer and a shooter. They have Lost Vikings though.
    Quote from "Sofawall" »
    If you want WoW gameplay Bat-Wing, go play WoW. Blizzard now has an RTS (2?), MMO and an RPG. Let's leave it that way. All they need is a platformer and a shooter. They have Lost Vikings though.

I dont think they are missing much due to Lich king and SC2.
    Those before me shall quiver in my wake as I unleash the fury within!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    They have enough cash, that's for sure.
    Quote from "Sofawall" »

Well, when i meant WoW gameplay..i meant the whole third person-ish, view type thing. And besides...a battle between Heaven and Hell interests me more than the everlasting battle of the Alliance and the Horde. And the Diablo classes are much more interesting.
    But you see, if you persist with the idea of a Diablo MMO, you will get lynched.

We want Diablo style action. Diablo MMO? Ok, just make D3 first, then D4 immediatly after the MMO.

As for WoW viewpoint, how will we break our mice with hack-and-slash like that?
    Quote from "Sofawall" »
    1st person: See from your own characters viewpoint
    2nd person: See from the viewpoint of another character in the game
    3rd person: See from the viewpoint of something completely outside the game.
    What does that have to do with video games? They don't function by normal human roles.

I mean, you can say that almost every game is an RPG because you are playing a role of a character but we are not calling FPS RPG's...
    So you define the 3 viewpoints. Remember, all viewpoints fit into those 3 somewhere.
    So does FPS, TPS, hybrids, racing games, and more and more and more fit into RPG.

The problem is, having only those 3 viewpoints for games is NOT USEFUL. If you say that a game is 3rd person it will mean a TPS/quest/whatever. If you say top-down it means isometric RPG/isometric RTS. I mean if you just leave 3 viewpoints it's just going to be organization for the sake of it.

It's like canceling out 2.5D.
    Quote from "Sofawall" »
    But you see, if you persist with the idea of a Diablo MMO, you will get lynched.

We want Diablo style action. Diablo MMO? Ok, just make D3 first, then D4 immediatly after the MMO.

As for WoW viewpoint, how will we break our mice with hack-and-slash like that?

True...i completely forgot about the clicking for attack
    Ok...then i change my mind. An oblivion mixed with diablo 2 would be great. (For gameplay)
    I don't understand the first point Equinox, sorry.

And they all have to fit there somewhere. Haven't you noticed that RPG, FPS, Platformer etc. are all just organisation for the sake of it?
    They fit where they fit. Each distinguishable style of view (top down, etc.) and each distinguishable style of play (hack&slash, etc.) is made for the sake of organization, not logic.
    You just kinda argued my side there.
    Equinox, your argument is flawed... top down is third person... There you go... Now you can understand that... There's three categories... then there's sub categories... Top down is third person, you are not seeing it through the character itself... You not viewing through another characters eyes... Unless you say it's a bird's eye view... Then it would be 2nd person... I never would have thought of SM64 being 2nd person if you didn't mention it XD...
    FatBeanz#1200
    Give me a link that says:

"Diablo/Nox/Sacred/Titan Quest is a third-person..."

You are talking realistically. I'm talking game wise.

Or you can as well say: "Saving = savings" to an economist.
    You ask and you shall recieve:

The game is presented in third-person format very similar to Fallout, Baldur's Gate, or Planescape Torment. Not my favorite format, being a die-hard first-person person myself.
    http://www.justadventure.com/reviews/Diablo/Diablo.shtm

Apart from the fact it says it's a D&D style game, it does say 3rd person:
    http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25988794
    None of them are certified. Both are users just like you, if I cared for what random people say I wouldn't argue with you here because then it becomes a matter of opinion.

But I have never seen an official site which people go to and to which companies go label Diablo, Nox, as third-person.
    They are third person since you are viewing the game from outside the eyes of your character.

The end.
    Punchifying crotches since 1987.

Vote:
    http://www.diablofans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17929
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes