Two-Week Progress Report: Solo Torment VI Nephalem Rift

My friend Melkor sometimes uses a shield for T6. We ran a T6 Rift together recently so I might upload a video of that at some point. I believe he uses Coven's Criterion, the one from the A2 Horadric Caches that further reduces the damage you take whenever you block an attack.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    @Jaetch: What do you think about rerolling the Vit to Armor / AR on my shoulders + boots?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jamoose-2376/hero/11404596
    Ignore the bracers i forgot to swap back from nemesis.

And what do you think about the Triumv? I got one in stash with almsot similar stats but instead of vit it has 15% arcane orb.
    Last edited by Jamoose: 4/10/2014 2:41:15 AM
    @Jamoose - I would definitely, definitely, definitely drop the vitality on your shoulders and boots (considering you're already enchanting them). AR for shoulders, armor for boots. You have way too much life and could use more mitigation. I'd drop the vitality on your Triumvirate for bonus to whatever spender you're running. I'd prefer to keep vitality in the 2-3K range with total HP being around 200-300K or so. Less base HP, more mitigation for sustain, sufficient healing to keep that globe full.
    <address>Thanks to the gear video I discovered how amazing Aughild set can be.</address><address>But I still can't quite grasp why tal set is so amazing you would go for it. To me it seems to be a waste of a lot of powerfull legendaries, like andariel (+arcane) / moonlight ward and another cool belt like your string of ears or a WH if you can get away with it.</address>
    Hey Jaetch,

Thanks for your Gear Breakdown - helped me a lot - actually, i'm not at a such a bad place with my gear and heavily in the right direction.

However, i do have one question: you mention you would either go with SoH or TF - are you sure that SoH would be such a great fit for Wizards since we aren't able to trigger that poison dmg?

At the moment i'm running with a pretty good rolled gesture of orpheus and i wouldn't switch it for a SoH (maybe a TF, though)

But would the proc of the TF really compensate the 17% arcane dmg on that weapon?

Would love to hear your input - maybe some hints on my gear if you have any criticism

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/kruel-2464/hero/48186

Additionally: i do have an 70's Tal's neck in my stash and an andariels with arcane dmg (15% though) - would you recommend using that instead of 60's tal's head + moonlight ward? I'd like to keep the tal's 4pc.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Kruell: 4/13/2014 12:31:14 PM
    Quote from Rob64

So, whats this video from 4 days ago then? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlYDmxSPuf4
    Its a Wiz with meteor spam build somewhat 4 ApoC seems to be enough and facerooling stuff fast enough ( for me though) on T6

Look at his Gear -_- +131% Firedamage, WoH etc

Put a SoH / TF on a Barb, and you kill stuff in half the Time he does.
    Quote from Wyti
    <address>Thanks to the gear video I discovered how amazing Aughild set can be.</address><address>But I still can't quite grasp why tal set is so amazing you would go for it. To me it seems to be a waste of a lot of powerfull legendaries, like andariel (+arcane) / moonlight ward and another cool belt like your string of ears or a WH if you can get away with it.</address>

I'm not Jaetch, but in my opinion, Andariel has no defensive stats on a slot that can provide a lot of defense. It's a full offense helm due to the elemental bonus, but I think it's a trap to go for it. You can get so much vitality on this slot (750 vit max), and a socket that can give cd reduc or 23% life. It's huge.
    And Tal'Rasha can offset a litle bit the elemental damage loss on the andariel with its first bonus, that gives 5% elemental damage.

Moonlight is a melee-friendly amulet, he uses mainly range skills, moonlight is wasted if he's not facetanking. And Moonlight rolls with as, crit, and arcane dmg baseline, you have to roll intel on the amulet to have arcane dmg, crit, crit dmg, and int. Moonlight is a 700~ intel loss for ias. Not to mention a 70 all res loss due to the intel.
    Hey Jaetch,

Just wondering if the spec you are running is efficient on lower torments. Perhaps I should say are other skills/specs more efficient for plowing through t1-t3 until i find any set pieces you show in your vid. I have the Aughilds shoulders and bracers, as well as the Captains boots and pants. Im running string of ears belt as well, I never die on T3. But would it be better to change a few skills and try to go through T2 or maybe T3 faster to try and get the set pieces quicker, then use your spec on higher torments?

Thanks bud.
    For what it's worth I use a very similar spec for higher torment (4-6) but I swap to a Heat Wave spec for the lower ones (1-3) because it clears low health stuff faster. Torrent is not ideal for lower torment because things die very quickly so in my experience it's better to use something that hits a larger area.

At what point Torrent becomes efficient/inefficient depends greatly on your gear but it's all about how long things live.
    Last edited by Lohegrin: 4/13/2014 5:35:35 PM
    Quote from Kruell

Hey Jaetch,

Thanks for your Gear Breakdown - helped me a lot - actually, i'm not at a such a bad place with my gear and heavily in the right direction.

However, i do have one question: you mention you would either go with SoH or TF - are you sure that SoH would be such a great fit for Wizards since we aren't able to trigger that poison dmg?

At the moment i'm running with a pretty good rolled gesture of orpheus and i wouldn't switch it for a SoH (maybe a TF, though)

But would the proc of the TF really compensate the 17% arcane dmg on that weapon?

Would love to hear your input - maybe some hints on my gear if you have any criticism

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/kruel-2464/hero/48186

Additionally: i do have an 70's Tal's neck in my stash and an andariels with arcane dmg (15% though) - would you recommend using that instead of 60's tal's head + moonlight ward? I'd like to keep the tal's 4pc.

Thanks!

bump :P
    I was wondering why you dont seem to like +damage to elites. Up until now I did not have much choice from thousands of drops, so I stick with what I have, but I tend to like it a lot, as at least in lower to middletorments, killing elites is the only problem. I can imagine that it gets less important later on, thats why I am asking. I dont have great gear and can only get my char sheet dps to around 1.050m with glass cannon, unwavering will, sparkflint andforce weapon. But since my spec right now is rather set on frozen orb by having 44% to arcane orb and another 45% to cold damage, that goes up to around 2m dps for my main spell. Now I see all these cool 1handers with nice secondarys, but I cant get myself to give up my sunseeker with +30% on elites and high dps. Together with a stone of jordan and something on my belt I end up with 63% on elites, bringing my dps to them up to around 3m+ as a 100% base weapon damage for my frozen orb. Is this something I shouldnt aim for in the highest torments, because elites might still bethe hardest challenge, but trash mobs are to hard on their own, so I should rather even this out to make less dps to elite, butmore to all mobs? <:section>Sorry, forgot the breaks and somehow I cant edit that anymore...
    Last edited by Breakerone: 4/14/2014 9:36:54 AM
    He has the Aughild's set and the SoJ on his gear wish list, which is up to 45% elite damage, so why do you think he doesn't like damage to elites? In general +elite damage is a very useful stat and it's what makes Aughild's so powerful and important. Stone of Jordan is just difficult to get.

Sunkeeper is nice because of the 30% elite damage but it just cannot keep up with Thunderfury/Shard of Hate in terms of overall contribution to DPS.
    Stone of jordan is rather easy to get, at least in my case, getting a good one is the thing though, rarely gotten any good rolls on it myself.
    Quote from Bagstone

undefined undefined

I didnt see the wish list,I just skipped through the video as I have no sound at work, and I never saw +elite damage on the list of preferred stats per slot, so I wrongly assumed he doesnt like it ;)

Without much gear I must have been lucky then, I already had 2 Stones of Jordan, with the second one being a minor upgrade and not even anyone in the game to give it to. Sadly I have yet to see a Shard or Thunderfury drop for me, so I'll take your word for it ;)

I guess it all depends on how often "periodically" really means. Having a solid 30% seems really good, but I might be sold, when I can finally see one of the other weapons for myself ;)

Ah, its the crappy old IE that didnt let me make breaks. Chrome works just fine...

Edit 2: I must be the only one who doesnt know that because no one asks, but how the hell are you constantly transforming all mobs into chickens? Couldnt find anything in the secondarys of the legs or as a set bonus.
    Last edited by Breakerone: 4/14/2014 10:43:56 AM
    Quote from Breakerone
    Edit 2: I must be the only one who doesnt know that because no one asks, but how the hell are you constantly transforming all mobs into chickens? Couldnt find anything in the secondarys of the legs or as a set bonus.

Enchantress skill.
    Quote from Blayreau

Moonlight is a melee-friendly amulet, he uses mainly range skills, moonlight is wasted if he's not facetanking. And Moonlight rolls with as, crit, and arcane dmg baseline, you have to roll intel on the amulet to have arcane dmg, crit, crit dmg, and int. Moonlight is a 700~ intel loss for ias. Not to mention a 70 all res loss due to the intel.

I've found that IAS isn't that important since it can't roll as high anymore, and you can still get+arcane, CC, CHD, and intel on a Moonlight Ward. I recently switched out my Tal's amulet for one and my overall kill speed on Torment 3 and below went up dramatically (even though I had to gowith alevel 60 Tal's belt instead of WH to maintain the set bonus). I redid my build to be more focused on close range but I'd probably still end up using it just for the +arcane bonus.
    Last edited by immortalNS: 4/14/2014 11:32:50 AM
    Yes, that's what I meant. A perfect roll for a moonlight should be intel/crit dmg as its only random affix. And then you reroll his native IAS into crit dmg/intel.
    Moonlight Ward - I'd use it if I can find it before a Tal Rasha's Allegiance, but like Blayeau pointed out, I don't want to stand next to things. When I'm playing, i'm always looking for cliffs or stairwells I can hide on to get extra hits in against elites before they make their way to me.

Stone of Jordan - Good fit (or item to swap to) in place of my non-Ring of Royal Grandeur slot.
    When I see your gear and see how much other gear you stock I really doubt fair play by Blizzard. So you play a lot, but that's not explaining the mass of stuff and the nearly perfect rolls on every item you have. Call me paranoid, but I can't get rid of the impression of Blizz favouring the Diablo celebrities big, big time to keep their followers happy.
    Quote from thunda

When I see your gear and see how much other gear you stock I really doubt fair play by Blizzard. So you play a lot, but that's not explaining the mass of stuff and the nearly perfect rolls on every item you have. Call me paranoid, but I can't get rid of the impression of Blizz favouring the Diablo celebrities big, big time to keep their followers happy.

I spent about 600M gold so far on enchanting and crafting. I reroll items. A lot. Do you know how much it takes to reroll my Tal Rasha's source now? 4 million gold per reroll.

Do you know how many Flawless Imperial Amethysts I spent on my arcane Golden Gorget? Close to 100 before I got 93% crit damage on it. That's close to 100 Forgotten Souls on one amulet that's sitting in my stash right now. That's 30 million gold spent on crafting gems alone.

There's luck and there's also insane stubbornness and diligence.

By the way, I'm still looking for a better Ring of Royal Grandeur. You know how many Bounties I've done so far? Over 2,600. Do you know how many Torment I Bounties I've done since my last RoRG drop? Over 1,000 Bounties with no drop. That's not stopping me, though.

Edit: Perfection, huh... I hate my Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom. My Vyr's Grasping Gauntlets was a gift from a clan mate. If I had it my way, I'd go for LAK on my Vyr's Fantastic Finery. My existing RoRG, as mentioned, sucks. My Moonlight Ward that I got today sucks, but I can settle for the RCR for now. My Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit is nowhere near perfect. It just ended up with nice rolls. I enchanted the String of Ears so many times before I ended up getting good int on it (it had no int to start). I spent millions and millions of gold on getting that Thunderfury's damage up. I'll go on about every single item, but maybe you get the point.

I've been looking for a Wand of Woh since Patch 2.01 launched. Do I have it? No. I also spent the last 10K+ Blood Shards gambling weapons with no luck. I also want a Vyr's Astonishing Aura, but that's not happening. I also want Ice Climbers, gambled boots for the longest time but all I get are Boj Anglers and Fire Walkers. I've also been looking for a Tal Rasha's Allegiance, but the only set amulets I've gotten so far are troll Traveler's Pledges. Get the idea? There's luck and there's also no luck. RNG to the end.
    Last edited by Jaetch: 4/15/2014 4:38:43 AM
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes