2.0 Fire Wizard Build!!

This is a little build I have been having fun with on the PTR and since 2.0 dropped. It seems to nuke everything without much effort try it out and see what you think, or how it could be improved!

Skills

1. Spectral Blade: Flame Blades
    2. Wave of force: Heat Wave
    3. Hydra: Mammoth Hydra
    4. Energy Armor: Absorption
    5. Diamond Skin: Prism
    6. Magic Weapon: Ignite

Passives:

1. Conflagration
    2. Glass Cannon
    3. Arcane Dynamo
    Give the Video a view if you want a better look: Wizard Fire Build PTR
    Last edited by KiollerGaming: 2/26/2014 4:12:07 PM
    Fun stuff, I had to use Different Energy Armor to stay alive
    Thanks for the build, been playing a cold build but gave this a try and I love it. I am a 80 to 90k less dps then you and still have no problem on T1, 19% fire dam and 15% wave of force dam from items helps too lol
    Only good Demon is a dead Demon!!!
    Yea i have like 8% to hydra on shoulders, was really keeping them for the reduced cost. Wish i had mystic to swap some things around, but its not bad making do with what you got!
    Pretty solid build. Would probably work great with the Firebird set.
    T1 feels like waste of time.
    i dont really see point playing it if u got decent gear.
    yes T6 is a bit masochistic but i dont mind dying
    Jaetch´s fire build is way better tbh. Arcane orb fire rune ftw
    Hm...I do not like the Hydra. The damage is not very noticeable. I would recommend a buff or another active spell instead. This build looks a little bit melee-like due to Spectral Blades and Wave of Force. Perhaps a Slow Time (Time Warp) bubble would suit this slot better. ;)
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    Quote from Bandyto

Hm...I do not like the Hydra. The damage is not very noticeable. I would recommend a buff or another active spell instead. This build looks a little bit melee-like due to Spectral Blades and Wave of Force. Perhaps a Slow Time (Time Warp) bubble would suit this slot better. ;)

Yea thats prolly a good idea, I went with the hydra more to get conflag on as many targets as i could before the first Heat Wave. not so much for the dmg really.
    Alot more fun than the ice build i was running, thanks!
    I use to do something similar to this, except I used Meteor: Meteor Shower and just spammed it until my AP was empty while dancing around them lol
    I also used meteor during testing, I just wish it didnt take so long for them to fall!
    I tried the meteor and i like it alot over hydra, more damage when i need it!
    I would ditch hydra. IT's one of my least favorite spells :(. I would do something else like maybe teleport, or a slow time. However, I'm always willing to try this build out because it does look fun :D.
    Updated for 2.0, play tested and still destroying Torment 1!
    I'm using almost the same build, but Meteor Shower instead of Hydra and Dominance passive.

Dominance is only useful as long as you kill trashmobs, but it's seriously OP. Don't even need healing because you are constantly shielded.
    This is my Wizard (pretty average gear) and theFire wizard build im using. Used it on PTR. Currently playing it on T3 without much difficulty.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rageinjector-1784/hero/7191852

raw build in case i change mine up: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WPQSOm!gec!aYZZcc
    Last edited by Rage Injector: 2/27/2014 11:16:34 AM
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#WdOSQh!eZT!acZZcb That thread inspired me to do my own fire wizard as i got nice bracers with 14% fire dmg ;p
    Quote from Flexy

Dominance is only useful as long as you kill trashmobs, but it's seriously OP. Don't even need healing because you are constantly shielded.

Well, I think that's part of the point, though. That you're generating a shield to protect your health, so in essence, as long as you're a capable enough Wizard to generate more shield than the damage you're taking, it's a good way to stay safe...as well as potentially being a way to build AWAY from things like Vitality and %Life, and instead going with more damage affixes.

I think the downside is just exactly how much total shielding you can build up vs. how much Life you can have stocked. If that total isn't high enough, I imagine running into trouble at higher difficulties. Though, I'm sure there are ways to make it work.

In regard to people not liking Hydra...I really like it myself. For me, the lure of it is being able to stack damage over time for relatively cheap. For instance, my Wizard's current Arcane build includes Arcane Hydra and Temporal Flux, so I can economically throw down a Hydra to get started slowing guys down and not dip too heavily into my AP pool. Then when I'm firing off Raging Storm twisters and Disintegrate beams, it's still busy blasting away, and I can recast it easily if it expires.

That being said...going for not only a fire build but a close-range fire build, I would agree that better things are probably available than Hydra. I mean, if you're getting close up with Spectral Blades and Wave of Force, I'd definitely add Explosive Blast to that. I think there's only one or two runes that deal fire damage, but I'm sure there are ways to work that in. If you were going for a long-range fire build, I might agree that a fire Hydra variant would be a good idea for the extra cheap damage stack, but since you're close up, that's what I'd recommend, :-)
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit Regen build, used only found and crafted gear and gems, could handle MP7.
    The only thing I am too scared to try right now, are the special affixes like +12% Fire damage, +8% more damage against elites, etc....

Is there a rule of thumb, like "It gives me +12% fire damage and costs me -8% overall dps = it's an upgrade!"

I'm having a hard time testing things like that to the point where I can be sure if it's actually better :/
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes