Reaper of Souls: New Wizard Spells/Passives - Animations & Effects

This is a video showcasing the new wizard spells and passives and how they look in-game.
    Also includes some visual updates to existing spells.

Magic Missile - Glacial Spike
    Magic Missile - Conflagrate

Spectral Blade - Flame Blades
    Spectral Blade - Ice Blades
    Spectral Blade - Barrier Blade

Ray of Frost - Sleet Storm

Arcane Orb - Spark
    Arcane Orb - Scorch
    Arcane Orb - Frozen Orb

Slow Time - Time and Space
    Slow Time - Point of No Return

Wave of Force - Impactful Wave
    Wave of Force - Debilitating Wave
    Wave of Force - Arcane Attunement
    Wave of Force - Static Pulse
    Wave of Force - Heave Wave

Energy Twister - Mistral Breeze
    Energy Twister - Gale Force
    Energy Twister - Raging Storm
    Energy Twister - Wicked Wind
    Energy Twister - Storm Chaser

Hydra - Blazing Hydra

Meteor - Lightning Bind
    Meteor - Meteor Shower
    Meteor - Molten Impact

Ice Armor - Frozen Storm

Magic Weapon - Ignite
    Magic Weapon - Deflection

Archon

Black Hole - Supermassive
    Black Hole - Absolute Zero
    Black Hole - Event Horizon
    Black Hole - Blazar
    Black Hole - Spellsteal

Power Hungry
    Illusionist
    Galvanizing Ward
    Dominance

Other significant passive changes/additions
    Last edited by Jaetch: 12/5/2013 7:15:06 PM
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Really nice video ty for that :-)
    "Chaos isn't a pit. Chaos is a ladder. Many who try to climb it fail and never get to try again. The fall breaks them. And some, are given a chance to climb. They refuse, they cling to the realm or the gods or love. Illusions. Only the ladder is real. The climb is all there is." Petyr 'Littlefinger' Baelish
    Thanks Jaetch! I'm happy about every tiny piece of wizard information we get. Unable to watch the video as I'm at work now, but take a +1 cookie in the meantime... can't wait to have a look at it once I'm home.
    Great video!

Do the shield bonuses from Magic Weapon/Deflection, Spectral Blade/Barrier Blade, Galvanizing Ward passive and Dominance passive stack?
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    Nice!
    I havnt seen anyone try out a fire build yet. Seems like orb-scorch, blazar and magic missile-conflagrate would be a pretty high damage combo. Esspecially since there are alot of +% fire damage items. Cindercoat, magefist, some bracers. First thing i would try out if there is a ptr/at release.

Thanks for video!
    Thanks for the vid allot of build testing going to be needed

Does teleport count as moving for unwavering will passive?
    A+ production values, informative and comprehensive. Wizard players are very fortunate you're in the beta.

I wish Blizzard would add a proper UI for the new 'shield' mechanic, given that you can hover over your health globe to see the raw number. Maybe a blue shimmer on top of the health globe?
    The build opportunities are just so much better now.

A full frost build. A full fire build. A full lightning build. A full arcane build. A combination of those builds.
    With the amounts of mitigation available each build will get a melee variant... I will definitely try this when PTR hits (PTR = lvl60 build):

Spectral Blades/Flame Blades
    Arcane Orb/Scorch
    Wave of Force/Heat Wave
    Teleport/Calamity or Fracture
    Magic Weapon/Deflect
    Energy Armor/Prismatic Armor

Passives: Galvanizing Ward, Conflagration, Illusionist
    Quote from Game Over
    Does teleport count as moving for unwavering will passive?

As soon as you "shift" positions in any way, you lose the bonus. The passive is designed for sustained channeling builds.

Quote from JayFactor

I wish Blizzard would add a proper UI for the new 'shield' mechanic, given that you can hover over your health globe to see the raw number. Maybe a blue shimmer on top of the health globe?

That's a really good suggestion.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Thank you a lot, Jaetch. I bet other classes envy us wizards for having such a great video. ;)
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    Wow really nice Jaetch, thanks.

I love how big the radius of SS is now.

Dominance looks really useful for defense.
    Quote from Bandyto

Thank you a lot, Jaetch. I bet other classes envy us wizards for having such a great video. ;)

Damn right we do. Can't anyone help a DH out?! QQ

Actually, screw it, I love the DH and bows, but atm they seem like they are going to be just as weak as they are on live. Low damage, almost no CC and dies fast.

I'm switching to wizard!!!!!11!!!1one1!!!!one
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Great work Jaetch !
    Sorry about my english, still learning.
    I'm curious about how our new passive works:
    • [New!] Elemental Exposure - Damaging enemies with Arcane, Cold, Fire or Lightning will cause them to take 5% more damage from all sources for 5 seconds. Each different damage type applies a stack, stacking up to 4 times. Elemental damage from weapons contributes to Elemental Exposure

If I'm understanding it correctly, if you have 4 stacks of say Arcane, the source would take 20% more cold, fire, and lightning damage (and I guess we could add physical as well since it says all sources). So, theoretically, if you could get 4 stacks of each damage type somehow, would that mean you would do 60% arcane, cold, fire, and lightning damage or does it cap at a certain level I wonder? That seems too good to be true.
    N, you can have four stacks in total. Each stack must be gained by using a different elemental.
    So if you manage to attack a mob with Arcane, Cold, Fire and Lightning, it will have four stacks and get 20% more damage.

Pretty lame in my opinion, but hey just look at the tal rashas set bonus and you know, what they think about wizards....
    I was so disappointed with the wizard in D3... but after reading the changes and seeing some of these in action, I believe the wizard will become my new main!!! Thanks Jaetch!
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.
    Ah dat Two Steps From Hell in the background :) Awesome video, thx. Wizard forever <3
    Quote from ZeroD3

N, you can have four stacks in total. Each stack must be gained by using a different elemental.

Ah, that makes actual sense. I was thinking each element could stack to 4. Still, 20% damage isn't too bad, but it does seem there are better options overall.
    Quote from FROMtheASHES984

Ah, that makes actual sense. I was thinking each element could stack to 4. Still, 20% damage isn't too bad, but it does seem there are better options overall.

I think the biggest butt-hurt that the Wizard community had was about the fact that you can't create a full one element build (i.e Fire Wizard, Ice Wizard...). The passive itself is nice, but I'm really surprised that they invented something like that - by the looks of it they gave us the D2 Sorceress back and at the same time they give us a passive that encourages using different elements.
    Yes, but it's nowhere near mandatory. Meaning, you can either opt to play as pure cold/fire/ light/ arcane OR you can opt to be a multielementalist, or anything inbetween. Choice!! That's why the Wizard changes sound so awesome for me.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes