DPS and EHP Spreadsheet

I can't seee it, what i'm doing wrong? Everytime i try to open your link google redirect me to google drive :/

EDIT: nvm i opened it thru a proxy server lol, nice work mate i'll check your work :D
    Why do the links not work for me? :(
    Quote from Anax123

Use this link, it worked for me https://proxify.eu/ (it's a proxy web)
    Thanks for this :) I can't use it, because I've never used a spreadsheet before so I likely don't have the required software on my computer, but I do appreciate you making this for the community :D If there was someway to explain exactly what to do to use this, I'd give it a try too, but that's a bit much to ask >.>
    Quote from Hezkezl

Thanks for this :) I can't use it, because I've never used a spreadsheet before so I likely don't have the required software on my computer, but I do appreciate you making this for the community :D If there was someway to explain exactly what to do to use this, I'd give it a try too, but that's a bit much to ask >.>

You need some spreadsheet reading software to be able to open the file once you download it. I used Microsoft Office to create it, but if you don't have that I you should be able to open it with OpenOffice, which I believe is freeware. I've never used it before though so I don't know a lot about it.

Quote from Anax123

I'm not sure what the issue is but please let me know if you're still having problems downloading the file.
    My EHP and DPS Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    My wizard, mostly useful for killing demons and collecting loot.
    Wizard CM DPS Simulator, written in Matlab, release version 1.01
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Ah, alrighty. I'll work on downloading openoffice tonight and seeing if I can mess around with it :D Thanks!
    To calculate with magic weapon:

calculations!C19*(1 + magic weapon %)

adjust bonus damage % accordingly.
    Yet another somewhat major update to my item comparison capabilities. I added yet another tab where you can compare each slot specifically and simultaneously.

For example, if you're not sure if you want to upgrade your gloves or bracers, you can put in the new gloves and the new bracers at the same time and see which will give you more of a dps gain. The spreadsheet will also tell you what your new EHP will be with the new item. Finally, if you so desire, you can put the cost of each item and it will compute a "Cost per DPS gained" value so you can see which is giving you the best upgrade for your money. I chose cost per dps over the inverse, DPS per gold, because this way you're not dealing with decimals. If one item has a lower Cost per DPS value than another, then you're spending less money to get the same dps, relatively speaking because most likely each item is a different DPS.

Note that the Cost box is completely optional, and the survivability stats like Str, Armor, Vit, etc have no effect on your dps so you can omit those values if all you really care about is the DPS comparison.
    Quote from Rydia

To calculate with magic weapon:

calculations!C19*(1 + magic weapon %)

adjust bonus damage % accordingly.

While that calculation does seem to be correct to match the in game DN, since the going theory is that the buff makes the DN erroneous, I'm wanting to keep Magic Weapon out of my spreadsheet until the tooltip error is corrected for fear it might lead to some inconsistant results.

For reference, I checked the MW numbers really quickly and it seems that if you set your bonus damage to 30% with MW - Force Weapon active, then multiply the resulting dps by 1.14990224739658, you get a number within 1-2 decimals.
    Comprehensive CMWW Guide, including gear and build suggestions, plus Uber strats
    Arcane Mines Guide, detailed guide for the highest dps wizard build, including vids
    Ignorance is bliss :)
    Killing things clears my head.

http://www.d3unlimited.com
    First off, I made another small edit to my spreadsheet. When adding the new gear comparison tab, I neglected to add the ability to compare 1h+OH to 2h, which I just did in the form of a logic box. Just set it to 0 for comparing 1h and 1 for comparing 2h.

Quote from Hitori

Magic Weapon is not bugged really, the only issue is the description which can lead to confusion.
    Magic Weapon effects aren't calculated after all of your stats, but before them. The spell literally increases your weapon damage by 10-15% (depending on rune). This includes off-hands (and - I have not tested but I assume - any other item that adds to your min/max damage, such as rings or amulets).

For example, a 10-20 weapon with 10% Magic Weapon bonus turns into 11-22.
    A 1hander with 5-10 with an offhand that adds 5-10 turns into 11-22 total as well.
    Hope this makes it clear enough :)

I don't think that's completely correct. The reason it is bugged is because it effectively applies the 15% bonus twice to your displayed Damage Number: once on your character sheet for bonus damage due to skills, and once to your weapon, as you described. That's why people see around a 30% increase when activating it, though it's not exactly 30% which is another reason for the general belief that there is a bug associated with it. The reports I've read claim that when you have MW active, your damage is no longer based directly off your Damage Number but instead is based off your unbuffed DN*1.15. In other words, the tooltip of the spell is correct and it essentially increases your dps by 15%, but the in game Damage Number shows an incorrect value while it is active. That's the "tooltip error" I was referring to: the damage number display, though tooltip error is a misleading way to say it.
    False accusations! ^_^

As I said before, I can get the numbers to match the in game displayed Damage Number, all I have to do is increase the "% Damage Increase from Skills" by the appropriate amount and then multiply the final dps by that fraction I showed (at least when using Force Weapon rune). I get the same results when directly multiplying my final weapon DPS by the same fraction. It doesn't really matter where you put the 1.1499... factor since they're all multiplied together anyway.

However, the in game displayed Damage Number is not correct when you have Magic Weapon active. I just tested it in game to be sure but it definitely only increases your dps by 10 or 15%, not the 20 or 30% shown by your damage number.

If anyone is curious how I tested it, I bought a 5-14 damage range 1h and a +9min dmg necklace. I then took off all my gear but my boots and hat to give me around 130 DPS on my char sheet. With that dps I was hitting Act 1 Inferno zombies for right around 100 a hit. When I activated Magic Weapon, with no rune, it increased the dps on my char sheet by around 20% but I was hitting the zombies for no more than 110 each hit, thus only a 10% damage increase. If my displayed Damage Number was correct I should have been hitting them for around 120 each hit since my dps was 20% higher.
    I can see what you mean now, apologies for the ignorance of that tooltip bug.
    Quite a shame, really, oh well - lower DPS it is.

Love the sheet, the DPS part works great but there's something wrong with the EHP part. When i compare some item with what i wear the sheet showed me I will have 125k EHP instead of 100k EHP. After i did equip the item and put the new numbers in 'equipped' it showed me i now have 120k EHP instead of 125k that was calculated earlier.
    Quote from rusted_plastic

Love the sheet, the DPS part works great but there's something wrong with the EHP part. When i compare some item with what i wear the sheet showed me I will have 125k EHP instead of 100k EHP. After i did equip the item and put the new numbers in 'equipped' it showed me i now have 120k EHP instead of 125k that was calculated earlier.

What item slot was it? And just to be sure, you're comparing the same EHP value? The value on the item comparison sheet is for FA+GC, while there's a couple listed on the other page.
    Quote from Loroese

What item slot was it? And just to be sure, you're comparing the same EHP value? The value on the item comparison sheet is for FA+GC, while there's a couple listed on the other page.

I was using the first, simple sheet, the simple one. A had my stats in, the HP and DPS were good, and i looked how my EHP with FA+GC will change if I change some pants. It showed me that from 100k i have now it will be 125k. After that i put on the pants, I change the equipped stats (vit armor resist and int) so they match my actual char profile and the EHP it shows is 120k instead of 125k it said it will be.
    Hey Loroese, I put in everything and the spreadsheet is awesome, thank you for making this!
    I have one question: in the dps breakdown section where it says what one of each stat will do to increase your dps vs an equivalent amount of int. Why is %attack speed having a different value than weapon % as?
    Quote from speedycerv

Hey Loroese, I put in everything and the spreadsheet is awesome, thank you for making this!
    I have one question: in the dps breakdown section where it says what one of each stat will do to increase your dps vs an equivalent amount of int. Why is %attack speed having a different value than weapon % as?

Because weapons %AS and other gear %AS are treated differently. The weapon %AS is already included in the weapon dps shown on the character sheet. It is not added to the rest of the gear when calculating your final attack rate. For this reason in the absence of +bonus damage on other gear, weapon %AS has no affect on your damage number. Other %AS will affect your damage number regardless of extra +bonus damage. If you read through some of the previous posts you can see my example of why your damage number is dependent on your weapon AS when using a 1h+OH .
    Quote from rusted_plastic

Quote from Loroese

I was using the first, simple sheet, the simple one. A had my stats in, the HP and DPS were good, and i looked how my EHP with FA+GC will change if I change some pants. It showed me that from 100k i have now it will be 125k. After that i put on the pants, I change the equipped stats (vit armor resist and int) so they match my actual char profile and the EHP it shows is 120k instead of 125k it said it will be.

Would you mind sending a pm with the relative stats so I can duplicate it and figure out what is going on? When putting the armor stat in did you use the bonus armor for the gear, the armor displayed plus bonus armor, or just the displayed armor value? If it makes any difference the armor value displayed on the item includes any bonus armor but does not include armor due to strength.
    Hej everyone seems like leroese has been very active also these days :D nice work, also if anyone is checking mine also (it has no EHP though) you can check it out on page 2 of this thread it's been updated.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes