DPS and EHP Spreadsheet

Quote from Loroese

Your unbuffed and buffed char sheet dps should match those of the spreadsheet when unbuffed or fully buffed, respectively. If not, then chances are you entered something wrong. If you're absolutely sure you entered everything right, let me know and I can either find the bug or figure out what isn't entered correctly.

Regarding your questions:

1) The legacy affix is "Adds +x% [elemental] damage" like on the SoJ in my profile. The new +Elemental Damage% affix says "[Elemental] skills deal x% more damage"

The spreadsheet is only meant to track one skill of one element. If you want to compare different gear sets or look how your damage is different for a different element and/or skill, you'd have to utilize the gear comparison tab, or can use multiple copies of the spreadsheet. Including functionality for multiple skills or elements will mostly overcomplicate the spreadsheet.

2) Conflag is one of several buffs I haven't gotten around to adding to the spreadsheet. The simple fix for now is to simply add 6% crit to one of your items to see the relative gain.

3) The spreadsheet is meant to mainly be used to compare items in a simple manner, like switching an elemental item for a non elemental, CD vs CC, and things like that. It is not meant to compute your total effective dps, since those calculations tend to be fairly complex, especially when combined with some of the new legendary procs. The spreadsheet can help compare weapons since it can show an effective dps for each, but you'll have to account for the approximate value of the proc yourself.

Thank you very much. I still haven't gotten my DPS to line up correctly. I'm thinking it has to do with my legendary items and/or the +% skill damage (Magic Missile). The DPS in the spreadsheet seems to be slightly lower than in game. So this seems like it could be the legs. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to send you my spreadsheet to take a look.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FuzzyBabies-1683/hero/40759802

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aNPQSj!geZX!cYYYZa

Great spreadsheet!
    Thanks for your amazing spreadsheet ! But i have a "problem", my "Unbuffed Char Sheet DPS" is not what i see ingame ( i have tried to turn off Glass canon etc.) but my "Buffed Char Sheet DPS" is ok ! Do you have any ideas ?
    Quote from Sunrized

Thanks for your amazing spreadsheet ! But i have a "problem", my "Unbuffed Char Sheet DPS" is not what i see ingame ( i have tried to turn off Glass canon etc.) but my "Buffed Char Sheet DPS" is ok ! Do you have any ideas ?

You'd have to link me your in game profile but it sounds like you forgot to disable a buff or two (unwavering will maybe?). If the buffed works, then everything should be fine.
    Wizard DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, mostly useful for wizards.
    Crusader DPS and EHP Spreadsheet, meant for Crusaders
    My Wizard
    Quote from whitejamesbr0wn
    Quote from Loroese

Your unbuffed and buffed char sheet dps should match those of the spreadsheet when unbuffed or fully buffed, respectively. If not, then chances are you entered something wrong. If you're absolutely sure you entered everything right, let me know and I can either find the bug or figure out what isn't entered correctly.

Regarding your questions:

1) The legacy affix is "Adds +x% [elemental] damage" like on the SoJ in my profile. The new +Elemental Damage% affix says "[Elemental] skills deal x% more damage"

The spreadsheet is only meant to track one skill of one element. If you want to compare different gear sets or look how your damage is different for a different element and/or skill, you'd have to utilize the gear comparison tab, or can use multiple copies of the spreadsheet. Including functionality for multiple skills or elements will mostly overcomplicate the spreadsheet.

2) Conflag is one of several buffs I haven't gotten around to adding to the spreadsheet. The simple fix for now is to simply add 6% crit to one of your items to see the relative gain.

3) The spreadsheet is meant to mainly be used to compare items in a simple manner, like switching an elemental item for a non elemental, CD vs CC, and things like that. It is not meant to compute your total effective dps, since those calculations tend to be fairly complex, especially when combined with some of the new legendary procs. The spreadsheet can help compare weapons since it can show an effective dps for each, but you'll have to account for the approximate value of the proc yourself.

Thank you very much. I still haven't gotten my DPS to line up correctly. I'm thinking it has to do with my legendary items and/or the +% skill damage (Magic Missile). The DPS in the spreadsheet seems to be slightly lower than in game. So this seems like it could be the legs. If you wouldn't mind I'd like to send you my spreadsheet to take a look.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FuzzyBabies-1683/hero/40759802

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#aNPQSj!geZX!cYYYZa

Great spreadsheet!

The skill damage buffs don't show on your char sheet dps, so you can't match the "effective dps" entry with what you see in game. Main thing I can think of is maybe you're putting the skills and/or elemental stuff in the wrong row. The +Damage% as Elemental [Legacy] row, or row 19, should be all blank for you. Otherwise I'm not seeing anything on your gear that should give different results, so if that's not the issue I'll have to take a look at your entries in the spreadsheet.
    My Wizard
    On my Triumvate I have 9% more damage for fire, arcane and lightning skills. I also have 12% increased Black Hole Damage. If I understand correctly what I enter in the sheet is the following:

+Skill Damage%: 12

+Elemental Damage%: 9

Is that correct?

Also the numbers in the unbuffed sheet dps column aren't the same as my char sheet dps ingame. I switched all passives on and off and I re-entered everything according to the numbers on my gear. The sheet dps w/o Glass Cannon and self-buffs (incl. Scoundrel) is 609,079. With Glass Cannon,Force Weapon, Sparkflint and the Scoundrel I have 905,191 sheet DPS. The spreadshet is showing the following numbers; for unbuffed 754,489 and buffed 1,051,696.

Here's a picture of my stats: Stats
    Here's my character profile:Profile

Am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by Sanak: 4/12/2014 9:27:40 AM
    Only enter the skill damage if you want to see how it applies to your char sheet dps. If you are looking at how much FO orb you do, for example, then don't enter Black Hole damage. Similarly, if you use FO, don't include fire, arcane, or lightning damage.

Also, check to make sure the stats match (int, cc, cd) with your in game stats. Then, check to be sure you have the right buffs selected. If you're using Force Weapon, you have to enable Magic Weapon too, since they work separately. Finally, for paragon points, enter how many points you allocate to the specific values, so if you have 50 points in CC, put 50, not 5 or 0.5. The same is true for the other stats.

If you still can't get the stats to match up, take a screenshot of the spreadsheet, or post your copy of the spreadsheet through googledrive or something like that, and I'll see what's going on.
    My Wizard
    Out of pure curiosity and from the pursuit of trying to find a current one, how much would this have to be changed to make it suitable for barbs? Or if it can't be done then I am very sad that you play a wiz and not a barb, either way though amazing work!
    Quote from Loroese

Only enter the skill damage if you want to see how it applies to your char sheet dps. If you are looking at how much FO orb you do, for example, then don't enter Black Hole damage. Similarly, if you use FO, don't include fire, arcane, or lightning damage.

Also, check to make sure the stats match (int, cc, cd) with your in game stats. Then, check to be sure you have the right buffs selected. If you're using Force Weapon, you have to enable Magic Weapon too, since they work separately. Finally, for paragon points, enter how many points you allocate to the specific values, so if you have 50 points in CC, put 50, not 5 or 0.5. The same is true for the other stats.

If you still can't get the stats to match up, take a screenshot of the spreadsheet, or post your copy of the spreadsheet through googledrive or something like that, and I'll see what's going on.

Alright thanks, this helped me a bit. I've re-entered everything the way you said. I left out the black hole damage, but kept the +cold damage% from my wrists and the +13% arcane orb damage from boots in order to calcute the frozen orb damage. My unbuffed char sheet dps is still way off though. It should be 700,441 DPS without every buff incl. the Scoundrel. But whatever I do it stays at 923495 unbuffed DPS, which I do not have. The buffed and effective char sheet dps change accordingly without any problem. I've checked everything twice, but I still must have made a mistake.

Could you perhaps look what I'm doing wrong? Here's my copy of the spreadsheet: Copy Spreadsheet

My profile and ingame stats are in my previous post. Some ingame stats have changed.

Thanks.
    @Sanak

I had to request access to view the spreadsheet. I'll take a look at it when I can.

@Mitzgar

If you don't dual wield, you can use it for a barb to an extent. The DPS will work if you put your Str value in the Intellect spot, but the EHP won't quite work out that way. The EHP will work out fine if you enter int where you're supposed to and str where you're supposed to, though the numbers might be slightly off because of the difference in base Int and Str.

If you dual wield, then the spreadsheet just won't work right since I haven't gotten around to trying to get it to work with DW. I played a barb a bit but didn't really enjoy it as much as my wiz, so it's not likely that I'll enable DW anytime soon either.

The good news is that if you dual wield, you can still get some information out of the spreadsheet using single weapon mode. If you're trying to see if CC or CD is better for your DPS, that relationship will be independent of your actual weapon damage, provided your CC and CD are correct. You can also compare CC/CD/Elemental/Skill damage items in the same relative manner since those are all multiplicative with whatever your weapon dps is.

Otherwise, you're welcome to try editing the calculations in the spreadsheet to suite your needs as a barb.
    My Wizard
    Quote from Loroese

@Sanak

I had to request access to view the spreadsheet. I'll take a look at it when I can.

I've changed the sharing option.
    I think I found your problem. C12 and C13 should be blank since those +dmg spots are meant for other slots. All the weapon damage is included in C9 and C10. That drops your unbuffed to 609079 unbuffed and 700411 with GC. If your in game dps is 700411, you likely still have GC as a passive.

If you still have any issues, let me know.
    My Wizard
    I just made a minor update to the spreadsheet:

• Updated Elite damage bonus calculation to be consistent with changes in game. It now is just an additve modifier.
    • Changed fill for cells C12 and C13 since they should remain blank
    My Wizard
    That was it! Thank you very much.
    Thanks for the information Loroese, I will see what i can do with it. I'll make sure if it works out to credit you for your work.
    It looks like IAS on weapons isn't computed correctly. In 'Equipped Calculations' cell D25, the formula is:

=ROUND((D3-D5)/(1+D4/100),1)*(1+D4/100)+0.03*'Equipped Items'!$U$23+D5

I think it should actually be something like:

=D3*(1 + D4/100) + 0.03*'Equipped Items'!$U$23 + D5
    Quote from bubjones

It looks like IAS on weapons isn't computed correctly. In 'Equipped Calculations' cell D25, the formula is:

=ROUND((D3-D5)/(1+D4/100),1)*(1+D4/100)+0.03*'Equipped Items'!$U$23+D5

I think it should actually be something like:

=D3*(1 + D4/100) + 0.03*'Equipped Items'!$U$23 + D5

It should be calculated correctly. It rounds the APS you list based on the IAS you give to calculate the base APS of the weapon, then applies the weapon IAS to give the exact weapon speed.
    My Wizard
    For whatever reason it never occurred to me to put in the listed weapon APS instead of the base. My bad.
    I remember back in 2009 or 2010, there was a warlock spreadsheet for WoW that was able to collected data directly from the armory. You are obviously much better and knowledgeable of excel that I am because I tried to make a spreadsheet a couple of years back and gave up. Is this something that you can do? It would be an amazing.
    Quote from Eddyg17

I remember back in 2009 or 2010, there was a warlock spreadsheet for WoW that was able to collected data directly from the armory. You are obviously much better and knowledgeable of excel that I am because I tried to make a spreadsheet a couple of years back and gave up. Is this something that you can do? It would be an amazing.

It's not something I know how to do or plan to do. In theory it should be possible since other places did so (d3progress, d3up, etc).
    My Wizard
    Very informative, good job man. :>
    HARDCORE T4 rift farm with a crusader, top 1 STR in the world, 6 Akkhan pieces! :o
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes